• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Haxless Bracket Round 1: Dongtae vs Riolu

Status
Not open for further replies.
How this isn´t a stomp in that case? The time ability seems to be a big hax factor in that case, which likely should make him banned in the tourney if I´m right.

Bobsican said:
How this isn´t a stomp in that case? The time ability seems to be a big hax factor in that case, which likely should make him banned in the tourney if I´m right.
That was... answered too.

He doesn't one-shot, and when he hits Riolu will become able of moving with him in time stop. Time slow is not that decisive, since it din't show any really drastic changes either.

FloweryAlex said:
He doesn't one-shot, and when he hits Riolu will become able of moving with him in time stop. Time slow is not that decisive, since it didn't show any really drastic changes either.
There is no set number. We just know that it slows people.

I mean, time slow can range from just 0.75 the original speed to a pseudo time stop, meaning that it´s a big factor needed to know.

Any approximate at least?

The pseudo timestop kinda goes out with the "didn't show any really drastic changes" part. I'd say at most 0.5, tough likely less.

Then Rioly can quickly balance it out with Agility, likely even moving first while in the time slow as it´s boosted by Prankster.

Riolu has the advantage in that case, especially considering he can spam ranged homing attacks like Aura Sphere.

Range won't help him here. Dongtae will already have gotten in close to stab him which is what breaks the time stop. At at point, Dongtae is within melee range, and Riolu can't break away from the fight to spam range due to speed equalised

He can with Detect, as it allows him to quickly dodge incoming attacks, especially considering Pokémon in his category can jump very high, enought to quickly keep distance.

No, that was probably Protect, they work very differently. One allows to tank attacks, the other allows to dodge attacks.

Riolu ain't dodging a sword that is already moving and touching him when time stop ends... At least not in a speed equal scenario.

Detect has worked on foes´ attacks that were faster than the user, so it´s safe to say that he can dodge it.

He wouldn't even have the time to react and, following that, activate the move before the sword is a few centimeters into him, in a speed equal fight.

His precognition would basically make him be able to react, and Detect has shown to work on attacks that close:

Zangoose dodges an aqua jet by Empoleon
Koya Absol Detect

We don´t even have 7 votes yet...

Also, he activates it with a thought.

PS: I thought I already answered that in the reply I did right below that.

Crimson, Me, Litentric, DontTalk, Cueio, Wright, Flowery, Pixel, Xtasy. Nine votes.

And no, you did not counter the main reasons for him, specially Flowery pointing out that Dongtae just stops again.

FloweryAlex said:
That was... answered too.

He doesn't one-shot, and when he hits Riolu will become able of moving with him in time stop. Time slow is not that decisive, since it din't show any really drastic changes either.
A single hit from Time Cutter will hurt like hell, but worse case Riolu looses a limb.

Grace is in case they are people voting the opposite character, if is unanimous do not require grace.

Antoniofer said:
Grace is in case they are people voting the opposite character, if is unanimous do not require grace.
There was a crt to make grace a thing even if unanonimous to stop blindless fra's getting it added before any discussion can be had.

Tfw I said not to use Riolu and to use another baby instead as Lucario was a massive presence in the other thread, but people used Riolu anyway.

Oh, and Dogtae takes this low diff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back