• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Haxless Bracket Round 1: Dongtae vs Riolu

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Riolu is obviously better when it comes to hand-to-hand combat. Dongtae has some pretty neat time powers that he spams pretty often in character, but the killer for him is that Time Cutter is the only weapon that he has that will damage Riolu, who actually has a 2.48x AP advantage (0.25 tons to 0.63 tons), so probably won't die in one hit. I don't know how many points Dongtae would have in-character, but I don't know if it would be enough to finish Riolu off.

At the moment, however, I vote Dongtae medium-diff due to spamming time powers and ripping Riolu apart using psychokinesis

If using time powers is in character then... Dongtae just uses time stop, followed by stabbing a sword through Riolu's eye, which either kills him or activates time slow, which lets Dongtae further dominate due to speed advantage.

...If there is nothing that prevents that, I can see most of his fights going like that.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Hmmmm...

Can I take a glasscanon time stop user, if:

-He can't hurt people who are stopped in time, and making contact with them makes them able to move.

-His Immortality is non-combat aplicable.

-Time Travel depends on the roll of a die, it only works for a few minutes and only sends his memories back, acting more like precog.

It pretty much mean that time stop is a good way to evade and move around.

Apparently the guy's TM do not allow him to interact with stuff around, so isn't an OP power, but is pretty helpful to dodge stuff. Not enough to ban personally.

Oh, know what, I completely forgot he couldn't interact with stuff. I thought he could as he was in the most recent chapter. But she was also freed from the affects of another person's time stop.

I guess that's fair then.

Yeah. If it's limited it's allowed unless said limits aren't enough to keep it from being broken (I.E. Jotaro's Time Stop combined with his AP basically lets him one shot the tier unless they resist)

What I wrote above works despite being unable to interact with people, though.

So I still vote for Dongtae given that reason.

I'm not really sure what's the difference between allowing this guy or Jotaro if that's how he fights tbh

Perhaps, one example of how this guy attack should be fine, since now I think about, his profile makes one think that everything is stopped unless he touch it, although touching it with a knife also works.

Mostly that he only gets a one hit advantage, after which Riolu would be able to fight back, albeit with a speed disadvantage (Though it's nothing blitz worthy).

Antoniofer said:
Perhaps, one example of how this guy attack should be fine, since now I think about, his profile makes one think that everything is stopped unless he touch it, although touching it with a knife also works.
He summons a sword (Time Cutter), stops time and slashes at the enemy. The enemy gets the ability to move, and after that he uses his sword skill and telekinesis to fight them.

So can he attack and cause damage while he is in time stop? If so then is not different than Jotaro.

Antoniofer said:
So can he attack and cause damage while he is in time stop? If so then is not different than Jotaro.
The sword can't, or it hasn't shown to.

He's own normal attacks can, but those are a tier lower.

Though, most likely, he would use time stop to get close with Time Cutter and strike at riolu that way. I doubt he can time his strike well enough to where he disactivates just before he hits, but he still would be able to attack from Riolu's back.

Voting Totally Not Haxed Guy.

Maybe Azurill will be able to turn the tides with her own Totally Not Hax ovo

Azurill is our second "totally-not-hax" fighter. We'll see how far she'll get.

Let´s see what Riolu has for this guy...

Riolu can see with his precog that he is about to get time stopped, and so he just makes a forcefield right before it happens, rendering it´s usage a waste, then uses Copycat (aka, Power Mimicry), which will move first as it´s even enhanced by Prankster, likely one shotting when you look at that durability.

Voting for Riolu.

Considering that Dongtae opens with timestop, I highly doubt that whatever Rioli can pull is fast than that

I could argue that he could as he can mimicry Roar of Time, but I bet that would land on the area of game mechanics.

Anyways, Riolu can also use Detect to just dodge it then attack as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back