• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Genin & 7-C Jirobo Removal | Part 1 Naruto CRT

For a long time on this wiki it seems that the Genin from Naruto have all been considered 8-B through scaling to Sasuke’s Fireball Jutsu, Sasuke’s Bear Kick and eventually to Jirobo Throwing Choji. There’s a ton of problems with this, some obvious and some less so. I'm going to do my best at covering pretty much everything.

Sasuke’s Fireball Jutsu:
The feat itself:
First off, I want to bring back the topic of Sasuke’s fireball crater. It seems to be generally agreed upon that he vaporized the ground, but I just don’t think that’s the case. Fikriskps did a good job at explaining some of the biggest problems I have with the calculation, namely, geological conditions. Since trees were growing it seems pretty clear that there was at least a good amount of dirt under them, and since his crater was relatively small, it doesn’t exactly matter if it turns rock solid a bit underneath them.

As for the databook stating that it was vaporization, that’s not really the case either. Not only does the word “engulf the target” not necessarily mean vaporization, simply being a term for all covering flames. But even if it did, that only matters for “The Target” which in this case was Kakashi, a human. The best you could really do here is use the standard value for vaporization of a person, unless you want to argue that whatever Sasuke targets will be engulfed in flames simply because “The databook said so”

Part 1 Scaling:
While that might still be a controversial topic for people here, there’s some other things about this that bother me, namely, why does anyone scale to this either way? First of all, Sasuke is the strongest genin of his class by a long shot, yet characters like Ino and Sakura still somehow scale to his strongest jutsu? On that note, Sasuke himself shouldn’t even scale to it, there is no reason to believe that he has physicals even close to this, he’s only ever used it on opponents far stronger than him, and even then he pretty much always missed. Just because he attacks with Chakra doesn’t mean it's as potent as this, otherwise what would even be the point of using it in the first place?

Here Kakashi notes that no genin should be capable of this, and shows visible surprise even after Sasuke impressed him earlier and stated that he was "different" from Naruto and Sakura. Whatever the concensus becomes on the validity of the fireball calc, there is no good reason for people outside of Sasuke to get it listed on their profile.

Sasuke kicks a bear:
This is the second feat that justifies 8-B Sasuke and likewise there are some problems, problems, one of which was mentioned in the comments to the calc itself, yet never elaborated upon afterwards (As far as I can tell), that being its size.
There are only two panels of the bear in question, and they paint entirely different pictures of its size, one is a good dozen times larger than a normal one, while the currently accepted one is 38 meters. While the first one isn’t super intuitive to calculate, it’s obvious that its nowhere near that large, and the one we actually scale from is an obviously exaggerated impact frame that scales the bear's nose to Sasuke. The first image seems like a less convoluted and exaggerated way of scaling it.

The second problem I have with it is scaling Sasuke to the bears top Kinetic Energy. As far as I understand this is done because apparently bears can survive ramming into each other at full speed, which is fair I guess, but ramming into other soft creatures doesn’t exactly work the same way as running into a concrete wall for example, which I don’t think they would be able to do. And even if they could, the calc in question directly scales the bears speed by the size increase, which doesn’t make sense. A larger bear would be much slower and unlike the Naruto stopping a snake calc, this one has no justification whatsoever for scaling linearly in speed.

Jirobo lifting Choji:
These first two have been rather long winded, but this one is quite simple. Currently Jirobo scales to Town Level through lifting a giant Choji. The way Giant Choji’s size is calced is, however, quite flawed. It uses an “Average Tree Width” of 2.5m, and gives that value to a nearby tree, then scaling that to Choji’s finger. The problem here is that that tree is nowhere near 2.5m wide. Just to prove a point, Jirobo is 1.81m tall, and in this panel he is standing quite a long bit away from the tree with his lower legs and feet not even being visible, yet he is still twice the size of this tree, if that tree was 2.5m wide, then Jirobo would be over 5 meters….I don’t think I need to explain that any further.

(I actually found out that there has been a CRT for this feat before and even a calculation for it, but it seems to have been forgotten or something, hopefully this will kickstart something.)

The Solution:
Now, obviously these people need new feats to scale to, otherwise we would have a whole bunch of people with an “Unknown” status. I am new to the wiki and am not exactly a “calc guy” but I do have a few suggestions for feats, those being:

Back