• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B [Path to the Throne] Tournament: Oryx vs Eizen [OUTDATED]

CharactersAttack PotencyVotes
Oryx, the Mad God (Realm of the Mad God)Upscales from 8.8 Megatons
Eizen (Tales of Berseria)24 Megatons
Inconclusive
  • The match takes place at Mont Saint-Michel, during high tide. A barrier seals the island 200 meters away.
  • Starting distance is 10 meters, on the sandy part at the bottom of the island town.
  • Speed is equalized
  • Characters have their standard equipment.
  • No knowledge of each other. No civilians or vehicles in the area.
  • Stat amps cap at 100 Megatons. Stat reduction cap at 6.3 Megatons
  • Victory is achieved under what is defined by SBA.
    • Matches have a time limit of 12 hours. Past that, any decisive immobilization or incapacitation for more than 10 seconds becomes a victory condition.
Mont-Saint-Michel_vu_du_ciel.jpg

Oryx on his way to steamroll Eizen be like:

In all seriousness Oryx can both see and hit Eizen unless he's got layered Intangibility, has pretty good Danmaku, is a ******* U N I T of a tank/damage sponge, and has a casual 40+ character scaling chain from that 8.8 Megaton value, making the AP gap MUCH lower then it seems.

Basically, unless Eizen plays the world's best ranged game ever- including getting the **** out of dodge immediately cause 10 meters is well within Oryx's kill range- he's probably just gonna get bursted down with little challenge.

And don't even get me started on how Exalted form turns a hard fight into a damn near impossible one because if you thought Oryx "nothin personel kid"ing Eizen in his normal state was bad, it's even worse in Exalted.

This is assuming Eizen doesn't have the capability to deal with danmaku. If he does it's a question of how much of Oryx's shit can he take, and for how long, because like I said, Oryx is a massive damage sponge, Eizen is not putting him down very fast at all

Is Oryx danmaku´s magical?

What form of Oryx is used?

Eizen can instantly teleport to his opponent, ignoring Danmaku and depending of what you say about his danmaku, he has a complete counter to that, plus Eizen has a list of passives I has to search and write here that comes from him mastering equipment

Example: Resistance to fire or more damage to stunned enemies

Last edited:
Is Oryx danmaku´s magical?

What form of Oryx is used?

Eizen can instantly teleport to his opponent, ignoring Danmaku and depending of what you say about his danmaku, he has a complete counter to that, plus Eizen has a list of passives I has to search and write here that comes from him mastering equipment

Example: Resistance to fire or more damage to stunned enemies
No, not for the vast majority of it at least.

O3, though O2 would be just as bad seeing as that man doesn't resist status effects.

Teleporting on top of Oryx is the literal worst thing Eizen could possibly do, unless he wants to get popped by a couple dozen attacks, cause when Oryx isn't attacking, he's literally invulnerable, and sometimes he's invulnerable anyway or is guarding. If Eizen hits that Guard of Oryx's, I should need to tell you that getting his AP chucked into hell, or just having the source he uses to cast any form of magic or ability nuked, or just having ALL of Oryx's attacks ignore defense is not where he wants to be.

Last edited:
No, not for the vast majority of it at least.

O3, though O2 would be just as bad seeing as that man doesn't resist status effects.

Teleporting on top of Oryx is the literal worst thing Eizen could possibly do, unless he wants to get popped by a couple dozen attacks, cause when Oryx isn't attacking, he's literally invulnerable, and sometimes he's invulnerable anyway or is guarding. If Eizen hits that Guard of Oryx's, I should need to tell you that getting his AP chucked into hell, or just having the source he uses to cast any form of magic or ability nuked, or just having ALL of Oryx's attacks ignore defense is not where he wants to be.
Oh, and "popping" in Realm of the Mad God means death. Instant death. Like, you practically ******* explode. There are these things called "Pop rocks" in the Lost Halls and those have been the death of many a Character.

I see that Eizen has both Stat amp and stat reduction, has a variety of ranged attacks, and he starts at a higher base AP.
He doesn't need to get close, unless he does that in character

His profile says he resists status effects. Isn't stat reduction a bit different from a status effect? If Eizen's stat reduction is just that (reducing stats), without any additional inhibiting effects, I don't think it counts as status effect

His profile says he resists status effects. Isn't stat reduction a bit different from a status effect? If Eizen's stat reduction is just that (reducing stats), without any additional inhibiting effects, I don't think it counts as status effect
Weak Is a status effect, Armor Broken is a status effect, Exposed is a status effect, Orys resists em all.

Yes, Oryx's profile needs a rework, but the evidence is there at least.

Important Passives that are gonna activated during this match that comes from Aizen mastering his weapons in game:

At the brink of death, 60% more attack

10% more attack against armored foes, Oryx counts as one

60% more defense after inflicting slow, the only thing Oryx does not resist, unless we count that defense dropping is not the same as "armor breaking", because that sounds that you literally destroys the armor of an opponent, not magically lowering it, and a minimun of 60% more defense at the brink of death

When he moves, he heals himself

50% or so of nullifying water and earth attacks (don´t know if Oryx uses those) and 30% of nullifying non elemental attacks

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/167071-tales-of-berseria/faqs/74517?single=1 And even more, the page for reference

Now, his teleport inflict damages and it protects him from enemies attacks, appart of all his punches being able to create shockwaves that should stops enemies attacks, so despite him being a melee fighter, he does not need to be close, only at 3 to 5 meters, if he is at range, he has his proyectiles which are faster if he use it after using his punches

My question about his danmaku is because he has a spell that creates a barrier that makes him completely invulnerable to "magic attacks"

And Eizen can literally parry the whole danmaku with punches/dodging it with a higher speed using quickness/teleport to safety or to Oryx while being protected and Oryx has never faced the stun status, with can be applied with every single move Eizen has

And Oryx has to use magic attacks (but to be fair, if he applies magic to the sword, the barrier would not work, because is not pure magic) to hit Eizen, normal attacks will pass though for his intangibility, so if the danmaku is consisted on magic and not magic proyectiles, only the magical ones are gonna be useful, and the magical ones are useless with his barrier, so Eizen is creating holes in the Danmaku basically, plus he can fly and Oryx is not known for being an aerial fighter in game

And if you consider Brook being "skillful" enough to beat Oryx, Eizen has 1000 years of experience, and is not just age, he has a curse that force him to live a living nightmare, every single possibility of him suffering is gonna happen [including fighting monsters as he is a Pirate and the sea has monster, and somehow he is not dead when he can´t swim] and he right now just ignore it as if is normal life, this applies to his opponents and is so absurd that if he wants to do a coin flip, it always land in tails, if you use a double heads coin, IT WILL NEVER LAND ON HEADS, is literally impossible, the coin would be literally destroyed , that is the curse to him

So the curse is gonna affect both, now, the effects are impossible to determine, but if Oryx needs % to do something, is gonna be next to 0, while Eizen has shown to work around that all of his life

And Oryx is known to literally tank everything right? Eizen magic always appears on him or extremely near, while Oryx just wants to "nuke" everything with Danmaku, if half of the Danmaku is useless, Eizen is the only one hitting the opponent

Last edited:
question, what is the intangibility level for Eizen? what are malakhim?
In the verse, a normal human can´t even see a Malakhim unless they have a certain level of resonance, which is magic

Malakhim are spiritual beings

And to explain the "but then why every one in the ******* game can see him?"

The bad guy did a ritual that made the whole humankind have that level of magic, in Zestiria, the humans forgot the malakhims and they stopped seeing them again, they even call them seraphims

But to be honest

If Reaper makes a good point, I will literally forfeit

Reason: To ******* fix the Tales of pages, no stamina, no LS, items are used in some pages and in others are not counted, but I will have to play the games again and this time make screenshots, which takes time

Plus, I don´t know who is more cancer, Eizen or Oryx, Eizen invalidates the non magic users and Oryx is more OP in general, and one of them has to face Ozpin and destroy him, that is the real goal here

I was about to ask after seeing the first explanation, why aren't those on his profile, but then you answered.

"At the brink of death, 60% more attack

10% more attack against armored foes, Oryx counts as one

60% more defense after inflicting slow, the only thing Oryx does not resist, unless we count that defense dropping is not the same as "armor breaking", because that sounds that you literally destroys the armor of an opponent, not magically lowering it, and a minimun of 60% more defense at the brink of death

When he moves, he heals himself

50% or so of nullifying water and earth attacks (don´t know if Oryx uses those) and 30% of nullifying non elemental attacks"
Oryx does resist slow, if I recall a Quiver does that

Armor break in-game just removes all defense from the target.

Oryx definitely doesn't resist that kind of Power Nullification, but He's throwing a lot of shit at the wall anyway so 30% ain't bad

"Now, his teleport inflict damages and it protects him from enemies attacks, appart of all his punches being able to create shockwaves that should stops enemies attacks, so despite him being a melee fighter, he does not need to be close, only at 3 to 5 meters, if he is at range, he has his proyectiles which are faster if he use it after using his punches

My question about his danmaku is because he has a spell that creates a barrier that makes him completely invulnerable to "magic attacks"

And Eizen can literally parry the whole danmaku with punches/dodging it with a higher speed using quickness/teleport to safety or to Oryx while being protected and Oryx has never faced the stun status, with can be applied with every single move Eizen has"
The Knight has shockwaves and they don't do shit to Danmaku in RotMG

Where did you get Oryx going invulnerable Via a spell? In this key he does it mainly through guarding.

O1 and O2 doesn't resist stun. O3 does. Also I'd like to see Eizen dodging danmaku, though Teleportation is good, But Oryx does that too.

"And Oryx has to use magic attacks (but to be fair, if he applies magic to the sword, the barrier would not work, because is not pure magic) to hit Eizen, normal attacks will pass though for his intangibility, so if the danmaku is consisted on magic and not magic proyectiles, only the magical ones are gonna be useful, and the magical ones are useless with his barrier, so Eizen is creating holes in the Danmaku basically, plus he can fly and Oryx is not known for being an aerial fighter in game"
This is a very good point, only in Exalted is Oryx's BS a mixture of both, so fair.

"And if you consider Brook being "skillful" enough to beat Oryx, Eizen has 1000 years of experience, and is not just age, he has a curse that force him to live a living nightmare, every single possibility of him suffering is gonna happen [including fighting monsters as he is a Pirate and the sea has monster, and somehow he is not dead when he can´t swim] and he right now just ignore it as if is normal life, this applies to his opponents and is so absurd that if he wants to do a coin flip, it always land in tails, if you use a double heads coin, IT WILL NEVER LAND ON HEADS, is literally impossible, the coin would be literally destroyed , that is the curse to him"
Brook did so via being able to smack the danmaku out of the air, Eizen doesn't seem to have that

"So the curse is gonna affect both, now, the effects are impossible to determine, but if Oryx needs % to do something, is gonna be next to 0, while Eizen has shown to work around that all of his life"
Oryx doesn't really have chanced shit to my knowledge

"And Oryx is known to literally tank everything right? Eizen magic always appears on him or extremely near, while Oryx just wants to "nuke" everything with Danmaku, if half of the Danmaku is useless, Eizen is the only one hitting the opponent"

Yeah the only time Oryx dodges is when he's moving in the direction and avoiding it that way, and Oryx is a mix of target one guy and nuke everything in both O2 and O3, so it'd be like that
But to be honest

If Reaper makes a good point, I will literally forfeit

Reason: To ******* fix the Tales of pages, no stamina, no LS, items are used in some pages and in others are not counted, but I will have to play the games again and this time make screenshots, which takes time

Plus, I don´t know who is more cancer, Eizen or Oryx, Eizen invalidates the non magic users and Oryx is more OP in general, and one of them has to face Ozpin and destroy him, that is the real goal here
Oryx's profile has like 8 straight wrong things on it, thus is the fate of my first profile

Makes sense, invul is nasty, how long does it last?
1.5 seconds and they are fighting at relativistic speeds and he can just do it again, and again, and again, and again...

And answering your danmaku dodging, the nature of the game is more about AoE than Danmaku, but they can face several enemies at once, hordes of them too, every one attacking at the same time and shit like that

And Eizen can create like 10 chains attack at the same time, and he is the least experienced in danmaku-ing the opponents to be fair, so mages are way better at this and he faces those all the time, or dozens

But I have to play the game and ******* do the screenshots to prove this, but just see Magilou attacks and imagine enemies doing worse than her, mind you, she is just showing one attack, she can chain those

1.5 seconds and they are fighting at relativistic speeds and he can just do it again, and again, and again, and again...

And answering your danmaku dodging, the nature of the game is more about AoE than Danmaku, but they can face several enemies at once, hordes of them too, every one attacking at the same time and shit like that

And Eizen can create like 10 chains attack at the same time, and he is the least experienced in danmaku-ing the opponents to be fair, so mages are way better at this and he faces those all the time, or dozens

But I have to play the game and ******* do the screenshots to prove this, but just see Magilou attacks and imagine enemies doing worse than her, mind you, she is just showing one attack, she can chain those

That makes sense, but they are Sub-Rel here I think

TBH though should we even debate this? From what you're saying Eizen's profile is in even worse shape then Oryx's

I wanted to have Tales of matches, but we have Final Fantasy pages being literally perfect with every single detail in them and then we have Tales Of lacking all the passives and things like that

Like, we don´t even have a Dhaos' page, that guy is like not having Sephirot from FF

We can continue the debate to see the winner but I will let Oryx advance

Also, Negi is gonna win against Regenesis if no transformer expert goes to the match, I am not voting there just to give a chance, but people are already FRAing

I wanted to have Tales of matches, but we have Final Fantasy pages being literally perfect with every single detail in them and then we have Tales Of lacking all the passives and things like that

Like, we don´t even have a Dhaos' page, that guy is like not having Sephirot from FF

We can continue the debate to see the winner but I will let Oryx advance

Also, Negi is gonna win against Regenesis if no transformer expert goes to the match, I am not voting there just to give a chance, but people are already FRAing
Yeah...

If we're continuing for the lols mind if i also use shit not on Oryx's profile?
Does Oryx start at any specific version here or will he progress from O1 to O3 as he takes damage?
O1 is a literal Simulacrum. An illusion.

O2 is Wine Cellar, he's arguably the worst due to his spam of status effects.

O3 is Sactuary, and the strongest key.

Aka he's just O3

From what I've gathered, both profiles suck too much to make a VS Battles match with, although the Eizen guy is more likely to resign than the Oryx guy.

I let Oryx advance but DaReaper told me to at least debate the match counting things not on the profile

Oryx has like 8 things wrong (I don´t know what is wrong in his profile) and Eizen lacks literally all of his passives, if we go by FF route, where the FFIV cast has all of the augments at the same time, then Eizen should have the same when is canon that they forge their weapons and the passives are explained

And if items can be used, Eizen can heal status effects or stops the enemy time for 5 seconds, this for example is used in Yuri´s pages, but not on Eizen's?

so what do we do?

we eliminate both of them since things are not in the profiles of both

we do the coin flip

or we let pass one of them by choice of the submitters?

so what do we do?

we eliminate both of them since things are not in the profiles of both

we do the coin flip

or we let pass one of them by choice of the submitters?
Wait DaReaper to explain what is wrong

Because it can be changed, Eizen I literally need to play the games to do screenshots, because there is no one in this wiki who knows about Tales of for what I am seeing

Immortality type 1 is an assumption

Dura neg is Conjecture

Death manipulation resistance is straight wrong

Sub-Rel is straight wrong

MHS+ I don't even know where it comes from compared to close-to-ground lightning

Class 10 LS is literally guesswork

His intelligence section needs a massive rework and the feat for Genius doesn't even belong to Oryx

Such is the fate of my first profile

Considering the state of both profiles for Eizen and Oryx, is it fine with you if I remove them both from the tournament?

Considering the state of both profiles for Eizen and Oryx, is it fine with you if I remove them both from the tournament?
Eh, it's not like most of Oryx's shit really matters, speed doesn't matter cause it's equal anyways, LS doesn't matter because Oryx is a danmaku user so melee is already suicide, Death Manipulation is too much for the tournament anyway and Dura neg isn't judged on it just being dura neg.

It's a lot of small things and general profile making that make me think his profile is subpar, it's still usable in matches cause most of the shit that's wrong doesn't really matter for matches outside of very specific scenarios

I have given it some thought.
I apologize, but I'm making the decision to remove both Eizen and Oryx from the tournament. Regardless of whether the missing abilities or incorect stats matter or not, they are still missing abilities and incorect stats. I do not feel comfortable keeping these characters in.

If you wish, I can allow you to each submit a new character.

I have given it some thought.
I apologize, but I'm making the decision to remove both Eizen and Oryx from the tournament. Regardless of whether the missing abilities or incorect stats matter or not, they are still missing abilities and incorect stats. I do not feel comfortable keeping these characters in.

If you wish, I can allow you to each submit a new character.
And we do the match again?

I will search another one if anything, but now I have the extreme advantage of knowing every single participant, your choice

Back