• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Brackets Round 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Pretty badass rendition of siegfried and fafnir from the new 348601861447613f0f2fc29b67182e31
Sixteenth (Halfway through) round of the 7-A brackets begins! Phoenix Man was disqualified from the bracket last round due to content revision.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The contenders for this round are Cabraka, submitted by The Wright Way, and Ancient King, an emergency replacement entry submitted by Phoenix821.

Speed is equalized. Battle takes place in the Himalaya Mountains, at base of Mt. Everest, characters start 50 meters apart.

Cabraka - 7 (Jack, Ricsi, Ant, Weekly, Phoenix, Gyro, Wright)

Ancient King -

Incon -

One Punch Man - 10 -1
SkinArt Cabrakan Default

Apparently their profile is missing a lot of stuff and the 7-A feat was calced at 8-A.

Cabrakan just AP smashes, really. His feat seems more impressive, and he sounds larger, but neither has Large Size as a power... for some reason.

Oh oof.

okay well Ancient King, he has energy projection. Does that mean he can just shoot a beam at the dude?

does he do that in character?

also are there now two OPM characters or am I wrong?

Yeah, Ancient King can fire energy beams, and does it in character.

Phoenix Man was disqualified.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Cabrakan just AP smashes, really. His feat seems more impressive, and he sounds larger, but neither has Large Size as a power... for some reason.
Wait lol. I'll add that really quickly, no clue why that's missing.

Oh that's an even bigger oof. I missed a bit it seems.

So does anything stop Ancient King from just keeping this guy at range until he dies off? Like I get he's pretty resilient but he'd fall eventually

@Jack Cabrakan Has ranged attacks as well and the more he blocks with his shields the stronger those attacks become

Neh, both fighter seems pretty simple, but considering that Goatkan (language pun) seems to be more into combat, has more powers and has remained 300 millions of years sleeping (as far I known), I guess has has more possibilities to win.

Also, the Ancient is missing Large Size in its profile.

Oh, then that makes things different.

does he have to cast the shield? If so how long does that take because while I doubt that's mean much in the long run it's still an interesting factor.

Jackythejack said:
Oh that's an even bigger oof. I missed a bit it seems.
So does anything stop Ancient King from just keeping this guy at range until he dies off? Like I get he's pretty resilient but he'd fall eventually
Immortality type 1 firstly, as far as I remember the aancient king didn't spam it, he opened with it but he doesn't really seem to mind doing stuff like taunting the opponent (Yeah, tatsumaki was his enemy, but still), plus the ground below him breaking would throw him off long enough for Cabra to get in-range. Plus, he still has ranged attacks.

And didn't he have a stat amp with blocking?

@Jack No, he just has them in his hands

Also Cab has like four different abilities that can temporarily paralyze his opponent

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jack No, he just has them in his hands
Also Cab has like four different abilities that can temporarily paralyze his opponent
Stunning is not paralysis.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo since when?
Slamming the ground and disorienting people seems much more different than shutting off their capacity to move.

In-game it might function similarly but they are two very different powers.

You could consider stunning a lesser level of paralisys, rather than makes one unable to move, character just lost the balance and senses for a few instants.

So...can Ancient King really do anything to get past those shields? It doesn't seem like he could overwhelm the guy. Cab may take this quite handily.

WeeklyBattles said:
Its not from slamming the ground its from punching them
Yes.

Punching someone can disorient them, causing them to be unable to attack out of confusion. It's common in real life, heck.

That's a thing. You don't need to shut off somone's ability to use their muscles to temporarily keep them from attacking.

That put, being smaller in size helps Cabrakan as he is a smaller and more mobile target. He has much better defensive options and feats and has a sheild that can amp him as it takes more damage.

Ancient King has better ranged options but they have a charge-up that leaves him vulerable to attack. Also, having the ground upheaved under him will certainly cause him to trip/fall.

I feel this is desisive for Cabrakan.

Very decisive, yeah. I don't see Ancient King winning. I'm not saying he never would but he definitely loses 9/10. I vote Cab

Cabra - 3 (Jack, Ricsi, Ant)

King -

@Weekly I assume your vote is for Cabrakan? Also, great work on fleshing out the profile.

That should be interesting.

I'm just happy my nomination won I expected her to get steam rolled on her round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back