• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Battle Royale

(Okay, time to tackle the big one!)

Rukia vs. Mami. In actuality, this is going to be a very tough match for both of them. In terms of range, Mami can easily keep Rukia at bay with her nearly infinite amount of guns. But, there's one question I have about this aspect. Would the bullets from the guns freeze as soon as they got near Rukia? However, I'm going to overlook this and go by their other stats here.

Many of their stats make them fairly even. However considering Mami's AP is only at Mountain level, while Rukia's Durability is at Mountain+, this puts Mami at a disadvantage in terms of stats. Now, Mami's durability is at Large Mountain, but that's only because of her ribbon shield and abilities like Absolute Territory. However, considering Rukia's Absolute Zero could potentially negate the ribbons, and moves like Sai, Hainawa and Geki could distract her long enough for Rukia to make her move, and add on top of this the fact that if things don't go her way, Mami tends to lose her cool while Rukia would always attempt to remain calm and look for ways to stay a step ahead of her opponents, and I think Rukia may come out of this debate the winner.

(But if anyone wants to argue otherwise, than feel free. I do not want to say this for certain considering how popular Mami is in this topic.)

TBH Ive actually considered Mami vs Rukia for a while someone can make that.

Now who's left? Rukia and Kessler?

Mami really doesn't lose her cool unless there is a friend involved or something like that.

And she is the one who fights remaining one step ahead. Most of Mami's fights are her using the abilities of the opponents against them.

Kirika died due to her own time slow. Homura lost due to her own time stop. Kyoko kept taking damage due to her own speed advantage.

Also, Mountain+ to mid end Mountain is a ridiculously small gap

That, and landing a hit of Mami always required a huge speed advantage, distracting her, being nigh-invulnerable due to the stat gap, or a combination of the three. Rukia doesn't have those advantages

And there's not really much Mami can actually do other then constantly shoot her, excluding that the billets can actually hurt her and not insta freeze.

(Argh! I can't leave Rukia alone!!!)

Rukia can also defeat Lapin for many of the same reasons as she can defeat Mami, except it'll be even easier for her. Lapin has an even lower intelligence factor than Mami, and many of her feats reduce her to City level. Now, if this was normal Rukia, her Magnetic Manipulation might've been able to pull Rukia's Zanpakuto right out of her hands for Lapin to use in her own blade, but in Bankai, Sode no Shirayuki is made entirely of ice, so it becomes immune to Lapin's metal manipulation. And also, while she can't be destroyed through normal means, thanks to her #7 Immortality, Rukia essentially shattering both her and her soul gem by freezing her would immediately put her out of commission. So, giving this one to Rukia as well.

@Gar

She won plenty of fights without being able to trap her opponents. Most of them, as a matter of fact

@Starter

Shattering Lapin's Soul Gem doesn't kill her

And what fights were those? And how did she win them?

Because I want to know what she did to beat them and explain why they probably won't work.

Kaltias said:
Mami really doesn't lose her cool unless there is a friend involved or something like that.
"She freezes up if things don't go as expected, she can get reckless, and is mentally fragile."

This is what I read in her profile, and this is what I base my assumptions on. The matter of fact is, Mami is a young girl, and is slow to react when things dont go the way she was thinking, whereas Rukia has had many times where she remained calm and managed to think ahead of her oppoenents, as it describes here.

"Rukia has repeatedly demonstrated her keen intellect. She compensated against the power of the 9th Espada with combination attacks."

So, there's my reasoning.

If Mami survives Rukia, she will most likely get taken out by Shunsui Bankai. Final Dan is a move that completely destroyed the victim's head. And since her Soul Gem is located there, Mami won't be coming back.

@Gar

Half of them, really. Simply shooting the opponent is a simple and effective method.

@Starter

So you haven't read Mami's feats/intelligence section?

A frozen bullet hits just as hard, it simply shatters upon impact due to AZ. The KE is the same.

Not at all, only against Homura. She fought Kyoko and Kirika in CQC, but she wasn't the one entering melee combat

Kaltias said:
@Starter
So you haven't read Mami's feats/intelligence section?
I am well aware that Mami tends to attempt to think ahead of her opponents. The problem here is that so does Rukia. It'd play out as a giant chess game of sorts, both of them trying to feel each other out and looking for a weakness. However, the difference between them is experience. Rukia is about 150 years old while Mami is only 15, making Rukia at least 10 times more experienced than Mami. And which also means that Rukia has been outhinking her opponents for 10 times longer. The key here is experience.

Fair enough.

Also, why Mami can't simply stay away? That's exactly what she did when she fought someone with ice aura blocking attacks.

@Starter

Experience hasn't helped Homura nor Yachiyo.

Can Rukia beat someone who can do everything she can do but is ridiculously stronger and faster?

Has Rukia outsmarted someone who had a decade to study her and her powers to the point of knowing them better than Rukia herself?

Do Rukia's opponents lose fights due to their own advantages because she tricks them?

Rukia can do more than just use her Sode no Shirayuki. She is also a master Kido wielder, from her offensive Hadōs, like Byakurai or Sokatsui, to detaining Bakudōs like Sai, Hainawa or Geki. It's these abilities as well, especially the Bakudōs, that would essentially seal her victory in my eyes.

Kaltias said:
@Starter
Experience hasn't helped Homura nor Yachiyo.

Can Rukia beat someone who can do everything she can do but is ridiculously stronger and faster?

Has Rukia outsmarted someone who had a decade to study her and her powers to the point of knowing them better than Rukia herself?

Do Rukia's opponents lose fights due to their own advantages because she tricks them?
How could Rukia's ability be turned on her by Mami? There is nothing in Mami's profile that says she can negate AZ and turn it on Rukia. The only danger Rukia has here is taking too long to finish her opponent while in Bankai, as staying that way for a long time could damage her.

Meanwhile, Rukia has proven time and again that even at a disadvantage, she can still gain the upper hand on her opponent. Take the time she fought the Ninth Espada, Aaroniero Arruruerie, who attempted to use Rukia's feelings for her former master against her by taking his form and utilizing it against her. Or when she battled ├äs Nödt, who attempted to fill Rukia with crippling fear before she eventually gained the upper hand.

So, you can't just say that because Mami had proven more powerful than her superiors, that Rukia is no match for her, tactically speaking.

You answered yourself.

And i'm not saying that Rukia is no match tactically, i'm saying that experience alone doesn't grant her the edge

@Kaltias:

Fine. I feel like this argument is going nowhere, so I'll cut the experience edge argument for now.

However, considering the differences in their move sets, added onto the fact that AZ could stop Mami's bullets by freezing them into place, as this also happened during her battle against Äs, and Mami becomes fairly limited on what she can do to harm Rukia.

Hst master said:
I am surprised that more people are dead due to Rukia then Shunsui or Sesshomaru
Huh
Only because I kept pointing out what Rukia could do to these people. I don't think I have an obsession, but I keep gravitating to her anyway to compare against others.

Regardless, moving on...

I'm calling to attention the matchup between Oswald and Lapin. On one hand, Oswald's blade, Belderiver, has the ability to negate Lapin's Resurrection capabilities through the absorption of her life energy, or Phazons. On the other hand, Lapin's Power Nullification through her "eyes" could potentially freeze all of Oswald's abilities, and her Magnetism Manipulation could pluck the blade right out of his hands and use it against him.

The question is, though, what would come out on top, Lapin's hax or Oswald's stats (since he easily towers over Lapin in terms of pure stats)?

If Mami vs Rukia didn't concluded yet,say hello to Cu Chulainn,if Rukia fataly wound him with her bankai then he will just revive himself thanks to his battle continuation skill,and also Rukia can't survive Gae Bolg.

Anyway,i take the Sessho-kun vs Zelretch here,both of them are skilled here,but i give Zelretch victory with low mid difficulty.Zelretch have his jeweled sword here,that powered by 2nd magic,make him have unlimited energy.Sessho-kun can nullified his Regenerationn via Bakusaiga but he will be struggle agaisnt Zelretch pocket RW and his clairvoyance (precog).

Sounds interesting, depending whether or not his 7A upgrade goes through as well, I would like to reserve Naraku from the Inuyasha Series

Back