• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crimson_Azoth

VS Battles
Retired
Petervshomer
The final round of the quarter-finals begins! Which of these two can book the last place in the semis?

Winner of the last round was Connie, via stomp

Current Standings: https://challonge.com/dvuvfz7p

The contestants for this round are Robert Edward O. Speedwago, submitted by The Smashor versus Samuel Vimes, submitted by Mr. Bambu

Speed is equalised

Samuel is 384 kilojoules, Speedwagon is calcless with feat

Samuel Vimes: 7 (Bambu, Lancelot, Cinnabar, Arsenal, Litentric, Jacky, Phoenix821)

Robert Edward O. Speedwago: 0

Incon: 0

Speedwagon-6119
Samuel Vimes

Sorry for no pictures. Plus, I have to go to training now, so I can't do anything for two hours. Peace, everyone!

Sam loses via Prob hax, I think? Like

Prob hax is so NLF-y that you can win pretty much anything with it

I'm confused as to why Myouri's feat isn't calced? It doesn't look too bad, just a typical hole in the wall? Hardest part is probably finding the dimensions.

If I have to suggest stuff for Sam despite the fact I know it's gonna be "yeah but probability hax lol"

1. Under SBA, Sam has Clairvoyance and Precog due to darkness. Precog is spotty, but in peak performance (as combatants are under SBA), he should be okay to abuse it a bit. This means he knows where his enemies are at all times at a huge distance, and can foresee their actions to some extent. Additionally, with just a bit of time (less than a minute) Sam can learn basically all the complex details of an enemy.

2. In combat, Sam is pretty absurdly skilled, having regularly outsmarted and outfought various highly trained assassins, most of which scale to feats of being in the same room as a foe with no knowledge of their presence, and at least one of which has plans on how to kill Death and the gods, and almost succeeded in implementing the plan to kill the Hogfather (sorta like Santa Claus but with more abilities, like concrete Abstract Existence and Low-Godly, among others).

and no, precog is never a direct counter to probability hax since with said hax it's just like "here are 8000 reasons this guy wins" and then "well yeah but he can just say I win since probability"

Litentric Teon said:
From what I understand of it, it allows him to know of everything that goes on in the dark.
This, basically. Precog is also based on visions and such, too.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Well it's just luck so it depends on how the luck works I guess.
they're so lucky they always win

is normally the shtick

No because of literally everything else including his luck. Also someone did say via luck and people fra'd that so it was a factor

Imo, yeah. He has actual legitimate hax and AP stomps everybody, including Connie. Think somebody suggested Speedwagon as a replacement if you wanna throw him in.

Back