• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

4-D? That's small time! Sonic Revision

Solaris is superdimensional to these characters, who ascended to a space where they saw 3D realms as screen projections.

Solaris is superdimensional to these characters, who ascended to a space where they saw 3D realms as screen projections.
And they're still 3D lmfao.

Cases where characters can go in higher dimensions which see the lower ones as trivial without becoming higher D are really common.

Him being Super Dimensional seems to just describe him as being Higher Dimensional in general rather than him transcending the cosmology.

But Sonic and his friends actually fought and defeated someone native to the 4D space.
Dude I don't know. I had asked Deagonx if a guy fully composed of 4D energy would have HDE, and he said no. It seems that HDE has become quite rigid.

I would even try to read the page, but I won't have the intelligence to know, so I won't even try.

A super life form that exists both in the present, past and future.
He was also called super dimensional life form.
Add both contexts together and you have 4D HDE.
The remaining points do not mean much

A super life form that exists both in the present, past and future.
He was also called super dimensional life form.
Add both contexts together and you have 4D HDE.
The remaining points do not mean much
Didn't you say statements like "higher dimensional" and things of that vein would only be used for qualitative superiority now?

Being temporally omnipresent doesn't give you another spatial dimension, which - in your own words considering how you were fighting for your LIFE in the Mori Jin thread - is basically the only thing that qualifies you for HDE with the new revisions.

Didn't you say statements like "higher dimensional" and things of that vein would only be used for qualitative superiority now?

Being temporally omnipresent doesn't give you another spatial dimension, which - in your own words considering how you were fighting for your LIFE in the Mori Jin thread - is basically the only thing that qualifies you for HDE with the new revisions.
??

What's confusing about what I said? You're saying Solaris should have 4D HDE based on the combination of existing in past, present and future (temporal omnipresence) and super dimensional statements.

I asked if, because I remember you repeatedly making this point, "super dimensional" doesn't just indicate qualitative superiority instead of an extra spatial dimension.

What's confusing about what I said? You're saying Solaris should have 4D HDE based on the combination of existing in past, present and future (temporal omnipresence) and super dimensional statements.

I asked if, because I remember you repeatedly making this point, "super dimensional" doesn't just indicate qualitative superiority instead of an extra spatial dimension.
I will like you to show me where I said temporal omnipresence and while also being referred to has Higher dimensional does not grant HDE.
I think it's because being Physically Omnipresent does give you HDE.
Being temporally omnipresent i.e. existing across an entire timeline means you are as large as that timeline, which is 4D in this case

Last edited:
Being temporally omnipresent i.e. existing across an entire timeline means you are as large as that timeline, which is 4D in this case
Doesn't HDE refer to only spatial dimensions, not temporal? A 3D character with Immeasurable speed (i.e able to move through the temporal axis at will as if it was a spatial one) wouldn't get HDE.

I will like you to show me where I said temporal omnipresence and while also being referred to has Higher dimensional does not grant HDE.
I was more referring to the latter part. Idunno how the two statements interact together, but I'm indifferent on that. My main point is what I said above.

Doesn't HDE refer to only spatial dimensions, not temporal? A 3D character with Immeasurable speed (i.e able to move through the temporal axis at will as if it was a spatial one) wouldn't get HDE.

I was more referring to the latter part. Idunno how the two statements interact together, but I'm indifferent on that. My main point is what I said above.
Temporal dimension is also an extra axis.

Temporally omnipresent in a universe means you exist in every point in time/space.

Also what BestMGQscaler says

Temporally omnipresent in a universe means you exist in every point in time/space.
Not space-time. JUST time. If the universe has an origin point of (0,0,0) and Solaris is at like... (2,3,4), he still only exists at those 3-D co-ordinates - just at every single point in time.

Temporal dimension is also an extra axis.
Regular humans are some 80-years long on the temporal axis, they don't get HDE.

Maybe I'm just not thinking about it the right way but - in this specific scenario - I do not see how temporal omnipresence gives HDE.

Not space-time. JUST time. If the universe has an origin point of (0,0,0) and Solaris is at like... (2,3,4), he still only exists at those 3-D co-ordinates - just at every single point in time.

Regular humans are some 80-years long on the temporal axis, they don't get HDE.

Maybe I'm just not thinking about it the right way but - in this specific scenario - I do not see how temporal omnipresence gives HDE.
What?

What?
I feel like what I said was very simple. I don't think temporal omnipresence (i.e existing at every point in time) should grant HDE.

Also: so? Infinitely large on the time axis =/= HDE. Like I said, humans are 80-ish years long (our lifespan) on the time axis, we don't get HDE for that. Everything in this universe is 3+1D (3 spatial, 1 temporal) so being bigger on that time axis shouldn't grant HDE.

I feel like what I said was very simple. I don't think temporal omnipresence (i.e existing at every point in time) should grant HDE.

Also: so? Infinitely large on the time axis =/= HDE. Like I said, humans are 80-ish years long (our lifespan) on the time axis, we don't get HDE for that. Everything in this universe is 3+1D (3 spatial, 1 temporal) so being bigger on that time axis shouldn't grant HDE.
I think you overthink the point

Wtf are you wafflin about

Wtf are you wafflin about
tl;dr
"superdimensional" means nothing without extra context, it's almost verbatim given as an example on the page to say "this could suggest something but doesn't mean anything by itself"
existing across all of time doesn't inherently make you 4-D as well

Are you telling that we're temporally omnipresent?

Are you telling that we're temporally omnipresent?
I have no idea how you read what I said and came to that conclusion.

My point is that your size on an axis isn't really relevant here. Humans are 4-D by having 3 spatial axes and 1 temporal axis. Solaris is 4-D by having 3 spatial axes and 1 temporal axis (but he occupies the entire time axis).

"Superdimensional" without further context means nothing. To quote the HDE page:
Statements that something is Higher Dimensional also need to be interpreted in context, as authors at times use the term figuratively.

I have no idea how you read what I said and came to that conclusion.

My point is that your size on an axis isn't really relevant here. Humans are 4-D by having 3 spatial axes and 1 temporal axis. Solaris is 4-D by having 3 spatial axes and 1 temporal axis (but he occupies the entire time axis).

"Superdimensional" without further context means nothing. To quote the HDE page:
Solaris exist OVER the 3 spatial axes and acros all the temporal axis, it's not the same

Average VBW moment.
What does that even mean here?
My point was that HDE, as I understood it, refers only to the number of dimensions (typically spatial) you possess, not your size on any of them. Humans are way bigger than ants but both are the same dimensionality because their actual size is irrelevant to that fact.
Our universe, and everything in it, is 3+1D, 3 space 1 time, 4D total. I've said this.

Better not, dude, i really don't catch the point in your argument here
What do you mean "better not"? You brought up a point, I didn't understand what you meant, and I'm asking you to clarify. What are you talking about?

What do you mean "better not"? You brought up a point, I didn't understand what you meant, and I'm asking you to clarify. What are you talking about?
I mean, Solaris exists above 3-D space and the fact that it cannot be affected by elements of that space makes it 4-D, demonstrated by the context of the scene, that's why it is "over" the 3-D space, up the 3-D space o or whatever term you want for that

I mean, Solaris exists above 3-D space and the fact that it cannot be affected by elements of that space makes it 4-D
Weren't Super forms needed to punch him across all of time? Can you show me a scan of regular characters being unable to affect Solaris in any way?

Where is the claim that he's "above 3-D space" coming from, you just repeated it again.

Back