• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monarch of Pointland vs SCP-2747

Status
Not open for further replies.
2747 is way below Monarch strength wise, but Monarch doesn't have lower dimensional manipulation.

2747 can't do much to Monarch without time to jump up narratives. I don't think Monarch will be reconstructing the anafabula within its head any time soon, so mind manip won't be useful.

For now I'm voting incon.

Monarch might low key smack unless we use him at specifically his point level version. If he is at his weakest, the Monarch via his 3rd dimensional voice

3D voice wouldn't hit a non-corporeal, right?

Well he's zero-dimensional, still corporeal but infinitesimally small, I think?

He's got some corporeal existence that can be located at a single certain point. 2747 is an anti-narrative, a set of signs and iconographies, it isn't really corporeal.

Even if he is non-corporeal, couldn't it be argued that while he's speaking, he may be thinking the decrees and not actually hearing them back?

Maybe it's best to get an expert here for this.

I don't think he is really corporeal. He may exist as a point, but he has no actual form it seems

With that said, it seems 2747 may have some kind of abstract existence, which needs to be added to his page. If that is the case, then I would vote for inconclusive

I remember someone talking about him talking with higher beings, but not being able to percieve them.

I mean we could watch the movie rn and become experts. its about an hour 40 minutes

I was going to give 2747 abstract existence, but the page for that requires it to be the embodiment of a concept and is able to regenerate as long as that concept exists. 2747 doesn't meet that criteria.

I think 2747's dimensionality/realness is so far below a real 0-dimensional being that they wouldn't be able to interact.

EDIT: Also, 2747 has type 5, I'm not sure if 3D voice would be able to get around that.

PsychoWarper said:
How does Monarch smack when 2747 has type 5 and 8 immortlities?
Maybe by destroying the narrative in the real world that transcends 2747? That's a way of suppressing it (destroying it until it spontaneously pops up again) in-verse, but I don't think Monarch would be able to destroy a real story.

What the ****

Anyways, 2747 is very, very below Monarch. It shouldn't be able to meaningfully affect monarch. However, monarch also can't really affect it so incon

So do you need like 1-A powers to affect this or what lol

For Monarch you basically need timeline erasure (unless we assume that Monarch is actually in its own 0-dimensional plane, then you'd need 1-A).

For 2747 that'd probably give you an incap win, since its spontaneous reappearance takes an unknown amount of time.

Lower dimensional manip also works.

Side note, shouldn't Monarch of Pointland technically have higher dimensional manipulation since his voice effects higher dimensions?

Another thing, shouldn't he technically have Omnipresence on a Zero Dimensional scale? since he is technically supposed to be the entire point level realm

Omnipresence on a Zero-Dimensional scale is unmoving on a dimensional scale, so no omnipresence needed.

But that higher dimensional manipulation voice should probably get a CRT.

Hl3 or bust said:
nah, 2747 just takes a while to ascend to MoP's story and destroys it
That takes an unknown amount of time, but has been witnessed before by the foundation (takes less than 10 years).

Does a win some time in 10 years count as a win?

11-C fights > 1-A fights

As for the powers, I don't think that higher dimensional is relative to the object but instead superiority to 3D. Wouldn't a 3D voice, which causes bibrstions, obliterate all of flatland though? As for omnipresence, I guess, technically. A 0D space is infinitely small, but still there, so anything 0D would get it.

Agnaa said:
Hl3 or bust said:
nah, 2747 just takes a while to ascend to MoP's story and destroys it
That takes an unknown amount of time, but has been witnessed before by the foundation (takes less than 10 years).
Does a win some time in 10 years count as a win?
it should imo, but i'm not sure if it actually is

Actually, in SBA it doesn't say the win needs to happen in a certain time period.

They both sit around minding their own business until, some time in the next ten years, 2747 jumps up and erases Monarch's narrative.

Assuming that won't count as incon, changing my vote to 2747.

I mean I guess scp eventually wins fra.

It can effect through layers of metafictional narrative, i.e. a metanarrative containing the anafabula will cease to exist within the narrative, followed by the narrative itself disappearing from our reality.
With research into the mechanics of SCP-1304 and observation of SCP-2916-1 and SCP-2747, subnarrative entities capable of acting on and escaping to their upper layer

Would MoP be capable of rewriting it's negative dimensional narrative before it ascends? That's the weakness n the file, and a thing that regular people can do.

6 votes 2747, 0 votes Monarch

Wokistan said:
Would MoP be capable of rewriting it's negative dimensional narrative before it ascends? That's the weakness n the file, and a thing that regular people can do.
MoP would need some degree of plot manip for that to work iirc, otherwise nothing happens and he eventually gets destroyed

Wokistan said:
I don't think MoP could actually modify a text file on a computer, or some writing in a journal, or anything like that.

By virtue of being 0-Dimensional, MoP can't change the 3d construct which contains a narrative which contains a narrative which contains 2747.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back