• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

23rd Budokai scaling question

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So characters like Tien and Krillin are large island level for putting up a fight against Goku and Piccolo who were holding back which places Tien and Krillin far above King Piccolo, but if the offical power levels given for the start of the saiyan saga are anything to go by, Tien and Krillin are weaker than King Piccolo. Its known that divine water Goku and King Piccolo were 260, and the offical power levels for Krilln and Tien were 206 and 250 respectively.

So if that's the case should we put Tien and the like back to city level, or do we bump King Piccolo up to large island level?

This seems to be a good point, but I am not sure how to handle it.

Saiyan Invasion Yajirobe [970] Android Saga and Onwards Chiaotzu: Small Planet level

23┬░ Budokai Goku [910]: Small Country level+

Saiyan Invasion Chiaotzu [660] Popo and Kami: Unknown (But higher than City level+)

Young King Piccolo [260]: City level+

23┬░ Budokai Tien [250]: At least City level

Mecha Tao Pai Pai [210]: At least City level

23┬░ Budokai Krillin [206] and Pre-Saiyan Invasion Yajirobe: At least City level

Master Roshi Base [180]: Multi-City Block level

23┬░ Budokai Yamcha [177] and Chiaotzu [Below 177]: Multi-City Block level

Chi Chi [110], 22┬░ Budokai Krillin and Chiaotzu: City Block level

Kid Chi Chi [Below 110] and 22┬░ Budokai Yamcha: Large Building level

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Dark
Your scaling is quite awful for th Saiyan stuff onwards.
This is why we should not consider the power levels at that point of the series and use what was showed in the series. Great Ape Goku, who is large building level has a power level of 100, which was comparable to Gira in a databook, but Giran gave up when Goku destroyed a wall and Teen Chi Chi has a power level of 110 and is rated City Block level as a kid.

Dont the characters Ki shoot up when they charge their attacks?

Goku and Piccolo breaching the thousands with the Kamehameha and the Makansapoo.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I don't mean that, everything higher than Young King Piccolo is displaying factually wrong Power Levels.
I used Daizenshuu 7, which says that Saiyan Invasion Chiaotzu power level is 660 and Saiyan Invasion Yajirobe is 970 but i have to agree that Kami, Popo and Android Saga Chiaotzu are speculations. The only thing we know is that Popo was stronger [Higher than City level+] than Post-King Piccolo Arc Goku and Kami was superior to Popo [We also don't know how below Kami was to Piccolo] lastly Chiaotzu is a character with poor growths as commented by Tien, but on the Android Saga and onwards he should be Small Planet level since he continued to train.

Well, I'm afraid that I am not able to help out much here.

@Dark

Those power levels make little sense. 23rd Budoukai Goku can't be 910 if he was 416 5 years later.

Kami has a power level of 300 and Popo is weaker. I dunno if Yajirobe is really that strong, but it makes no sense for Chiaotzu to be so weaker. Also he would be 5-B by Android Saga onwards.

Back