• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Last edited:
Sub Zero can teleport, that can help close the gap and its only 10 meters to start with from the looks of it
ok, it's pretty safe to say that Sub-Zero is a far superior fighter, but hand-to-hand combat was never Shoto's combat style,
from what I could see of the Game, Sub-Zero's teleportation range is very short, Shoto can cover such a distance easily with his casual attacks,
even if Sub-Zero uses his teleportation on Shoto, Shoto would spread his fire from his body to push Sub-zero away, keep his distance,
then Todoroki could move away from Sub-zero with an ice board or flying with Fire, and from what I could see from Sub-Zero's profile, he has no resistance to fire or ice, strangely enough,
with his fire and ice Todoroki demonstrates that he ignores conventional durability and he still has ice resistance, he can easily melt Sub-Zero's ice, especially with his FlashFire and it is also with his FlashFire that he can increase his speed and it is for this and other reasons such as stamina for example, I will give my vote to Shoto

Might not be as yes, however I'd still like to see what Shoto's got there feat wise
honestly, there are people who can answer this better than me,
but in the first season he defeated several adult villains effortlessly, he entered UA on recommendation, in the second season he was said to be as efficient as professional heroes even though at the time he was only about 16 years, in the third season, even though he fell into a trap he managed to get out of it and even defeated those responsible for the trap on his own,
but even so, even the biggest fanboy of My Hero Academia would admit that yes Sub-Zero has more Skill,
but I don't I see how such a skill will make him dodge a fire wave the size of entire blocks and an ice wave that is almost a kilometer long

Might not be as yes, however I'd still like to see what Shoto's got there feat wise
His ice is capable of freezing and shattering the limbs of a character (usj nomu) who has 6b durability.

Shoto is a long ranged fighter but he is capable of amping his speed to blitz character who are in the same speed category as him with flash freeze heatwave.

Shoto has basically no close combat feats since he's a long range to mid range fighter. Not that he can't deal with threats up close but he doesn't do so with his physical strength which is only 8-A in rating. He instead dominates with massive AOE style attacks of ice and fire.

Shoto's main method of fighting here wouldn't rely on Phosphor, which requires some build up, due to Sub-Zero not being a fire user. Sub-Zero does seem to have tricky abilities to get close such as teleportation and absorption, but his range is very limited at several meters.

Up close Sub-Zero may technically dominate. However, up close also means he'd be open to massive AOE attacks of giant walls of flames and ice spears. Of course he can teleport but only for several meters, which might not be enough to avoid the attack depending on where he is.

Lots of Sub-Zero's attack depends on being very close to his opponent, which does help Shoto due to having flying and long range options. Sub-Zero's frozen aura that helps against physical strikes and damages his opponent won't be useful against someone just throwing walls of flames at him.

His absorption with his ice barrier would be useful, but it only covers in front of him and is made of ice which can be melted.

Honestly, this fight depends on how well you know both characters. Can Sub-Zero close the gap against Shoto's range and take him out? Or will Shoto's range and high mobility keep Sub-Zero away long enough for him to put him down? Shoto can amp his speed with Flashfire, Heatwave, and Phosphor.

I imagine Shoto would stick with normal stuff for this battle. His opponent isn't using fire anyway and has resistance to cold. Don't know why he doesn't have it on his profile, but Sub-Zero can cover himself in his own ice and be perfectly fine.

Since I know Shoto more I'll be voting for him via superior ranged attacks, flight, speed amp, and having ice resistance which can help against any freezing attempts. And if need Shoto can just burst out hot Flashfire flames that'd just roast Sub-Zero, who doesn't appear to have any heat resistance normally, if he does get too close to him.

the 24 hour period has ended, this can now be added to their profile, I would do it if I knew (I knew but the site updated and I don't know anymore lol) and there is still the possibility of them being blocked, can anyone here please manage it ?

Back