• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Corrupted by Power: Vlad Plasmius vs Nerissa (W.I.T.C.H.) (7-0-0) (Concluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Two of my favorite villains from two of my favorite series. Sadly, only one got redeemed.

Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Season 3 Vlad (2-A) vs Youth Restored/Guardian Power Nerissa (2-A)
  • Standard Battle Assumptions (Everything else)

Vlad Plasmius: 7 (LordGriffin1000, Peppersalt43, Eseseso, Oiguana2701, Oliver_de_jesus, Accelerated_Evolution, V999,

Nerissa:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Don't you usually make a long essay discussing the details of the match and who you think will win in matches where you know the verses?
I do, but I've been busy so I was given people a chance to look over the profiles themselves. I can get started on an analysis now though.

Vlad's Advantages/Win conditions

The AP difference isn't that wide from what I can tell but Vlad has more ways to amplify his power in response to Nerissa, such as rage power, ectoplasmic energy amp, accelerated development and reactive power level. Along with his natural higher lifting strength (not including Nerissa using the Heart to try and overpower Vlad's strength) and better close combat skill, Vlad holds a considerable advantage at close range.

Ectoplasmic energy ignores durability and works on a molecular level so will bypass her level of regeneration and his possession is better than her's. Duplication gives him the numbers advantage as he can make up to 3 solid duplicates and over a dozen shadow duplicates that can also use possession. While Nerissa is capable of using her magic the effect the consciousness (As she has all the guardian powers), the main intangibility used by ghosts can bypass even ghost attacks that can affect their normal incorporeal state so he can still phase through her attacks but only when using that intangibility.

Nerissa's Advantages/Win Conditions

While not as capable as Vlad in close combat, Nerissa can easily compete with her versatility. She has her own from of invisibility if she decides to use it and unlike Vlad, her extrasensory perception will allow her to better keep track of him if he decides to go invisible, her regeneration could keep her in the fight (against Vlad's physical blows only) and with the help of the Heart she can create forcefields that can reflect Vlad's energy attacks back at him with twice the force.

She possesses overall better stamina, so in the long run she can outlast Vlad since she scales to Taranee who survived two weeks with no sustenance and constantly having her power drained (heck, Nerissa survived in a tomb for centuries). When utilizing the Heart, she has better range and potentially can seal Vlad inside it. I'll mention that she does possess all the powers of Arc 1 - 3 Will Vandom, Irma Lair, Taranee Cook, Cornelia Hale and Hay Lin but she doesn't use their abilities in character so they likely won't come into play unless the fight went on for hours.

My Vote

It's a close match in my opinion but I think Vlad edges out in the end due to how their characters are.

Both are overconfident but Vlad tries to remain a step ahead of his opponent. Using clone, tech or manipulating others before and during a fight. However, while Nerissa did attempt to strike her opponents before the conflict to make them weak in battle, she becomes power mad as shown when she simply marched up to Kandrakar and got blasted by the elemental walls and later floored by the Resonance because she believe it couldn't stop her as she had the Heart and while it did save her, it helped after she got hit.

So while Nerissa has solid ways to take Vlad down like sealing him inside the Heart or using it to paralyze him, she'll be more focused with just blasting him and claiming how he doesn't stand a chance because she has the Heart of Kandrakar. Meanwhile, Vlad will be attacking and trash talking as well but he'd be setting up for a possession or duplicate to attack her while she's off guard. Vlad simply has a higher chance to land a solid hit due to his better close combat abilities, intelligence and Nerissa's arrogance. That's not to say Nerissa eventually wouldn't go for hax but it's just not her first instinct unless pushed but in Vlad's case, one attack is all it will take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back