• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Betraying the dragon's faction (Jon Snow and Ghost vs Red Dragon and Kobolds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peppersalt43

They/Them
A prince and his companion : 7
A dragon and its minions : 0
Incon : 0

9-B versions used (Young Dragon, Post-Resurrection Jon, and Inventor Kobolds used)
Speed equalized
Both sides have prior knowledge
3 Kobolds are present alongside the dragon
Fight takes place in the Cave of Crystals, 50 meters apart with no line of sight

This had better work. I really want a match for these two

Last edited:
I don't think you can use Jon and Sandor for a 2v2 match since they only fought together once

What is the first move of the dragon and the kobolds? They seem to have a lot of abilities

Ghost would use his stealth mastery to ambush while Jon would attack directly, they both have a 1.58× advantage, plus Jon is a stonewall and has Longclaw which is considerably superior. It is difficult to say how skilled Jon is in this key but he has trained since he was a child and is able to fight multiple warriors at the same time, he has experience in some battles of which he has won all of them

Ghost would use his stealth mastery to ambush
The dragon has enhanced senses to deal with it
plus Jon is a stonewall and has Longclaw which is considerably superior
The dragon's breath attack creates fire
but he has trained since he was a child and is able to fight multiple warriors at the same time, he has experience in some battles of which he has won all of them
I'm not sure that's enough

Should I use that instead? Because I'm currently using the first one
As you wish, the issue with Jon's first key is that it doesn't have any statement about his skill, unlike his second key
Is he wearing armor made of it? Or at least a shield made of that material
Longclaw is his sword forged from Valyrian steel, Jon doesn't wear any armor, so a direct attack from the fire breath would be a problem for him

Longclaw is his sword forged from Valyrian steel, Jon doesn't wear any armor, so a direct attack from the fire breath would be a problem for him
Hmm. It is a rare material though and in the last match involving these guys, the other side was able to stand a chance due to carrying some valuable items meaning that The Dragon will most likely avoid trying to damage the sword. Problem is since both sides have prior knowledge, it means the dragon knows that it can take fire and would likely not hesitate to just burn away as it would still be fine

How good is Jon at negotiation? Because this is something he can hinge on. Dragons themselves are racists and possess higher intelligence than most humanoids while also being adept at intimidating and negotiating with traders and war leaders

How good is Jon at negotiation? Because this is something he can hinge on. Dragons themselves are racists and possess higher intelligence than most humanoids while also being adept at intimidating and negotiating with traders and war leaders
Basically what is stated in his profile, Jon was the first man in thousands of years to form an alliance between the Northmen and the wildlings who have been at constant war and hatred for all that time. With only a few years in the Night's Watch, he was chosen as Lord Commander over men with decades of experience and permanence because they believed in him

Basically what is stated in his profile, Jon was the first man in thousands of years to form an alliance between the Northmen and the wildlings who have been at constant war and hatred for all that time. With only a few years in the Night's Watch, he was chosen as Lord Commander over men with decades of experience and permanence because they believed in him
Hmm, that's pretty interesting. Yeah, I can see him winning. He has leverage and Ghost can deal with the Kobolds

There is still the issue of betrayal as The Dragon is in a verse with tons of untrustworthy creatures and characters including itself and if Jon isn't convincing enough, the dragon may just decide to go all in. Plus he may need to do the convincing while dodging fire breath and regular attacks

There is still the issue of betrayal as The Dragon is in a verse with tons of untrustworthy creatures and characters including itself and if Jon isn't convincing enough, the dragon may just decide to go all in.
Jon convinced the wildlings to fight alongside him, who range from human murderers to giants, and also all the selfish lords of the north to be chosen as king
Plus he may need to do the convincing while dodging fire breath and regular attacks
If the dragon is attacking him I doubt that Jon would bother trying to convince him, he would directly try to kill it

If the dragon is attacking him I doubt that Jon would bother trying to convince him, he would directly try to kill it
I mean, he's currently having issues with both skill and AoE fire attacks. Wouldn't it be something he'd consider?

I mean, he's currently having issues with both skill and AoE fire attacks. Wouldn't it be something he'd consider?
Does Jon with the prior knowledge know that the dragon is more skilled than him? If that's the case then it's possible that he tries to use his social influencing

Ok, in that case Jon would use his social influencing knowing that the dragon is more skilled and that he doesn't have many options to get close due to the fire breath

Now i just thinking how likely would be for Jon Snow to make a bond with a Dragon from D&D

But anyways, in this situation our Lord Commander seems to win FRA

And just to get this concluded

Jon and Ghost FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Closing this, just wanted to say that this is one of the best D&D matchups made, I think, and I'd like to thank you, Peppersalt, for making it. Even though I missed it. Whoopsie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back