• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Even in those fights though, 's kinda sus Toxin's >> Carnage, he just tosses him around a bunch and BFRs him.

i see! thank you.

although i agree that toxin > carnage > venom, we just have no AP feats atm, so toxin is
At least High 8-C, possibly/likely 8-B
but not def 8-B. is that correct?

idk if there's a symbiote rule, but
venom (after giving birth) << carnage

and even after venom regained it's strength
venom < carnage

so it should still work for toxin, but since carnage is so unique, it might not be the case
if anything, toxin with pat = carnage with cletus at least

I personally don't mind 8-B for Toxin, Carnage, Rhino, and Sandman, as they are much physically stronger than other Spider-Man characters.

8 tons tons to 11 tons is quite the jump, though.

It may not look big through sheer numbers, but with our rules requiring to be as conservative as possible with upscaling, I can see many other verses wanting to make similar jumps in tier, even in front of scaling chains that are way bigger than what's shown in this thread.

Well, the characters that I mentioned are officially at least a few times stronger than Spider-Man as far as I am aware.

Ok, but 3 tons is a lot, it's 1/3 of the High 8-C tier.
Iirc we upscale characters only if the starting point is almost baseline.
I could see it if Spidey was 10.5 tons or higher, but let's add 1/3 of a third to each character who is "a few times stronger than another", and you'll have hugely inflated results.

Let alone that "a few times" and similar terms are very arbitrary, meaning that everyone can pretty much start arguing their character are more or less strong than others to have them upscaled.

Well, if Spider-Man is High 8-C+, I don't think that it is at all a stretch to make characters that are officially at least a few times stronger 8-B.

Well, if Spider-Man is High 8-C+, I don't think that it is at all a stretch to make characters that are officially at least a few times stronger 8-B.
He's High 8-C+, but scales to about exaclty 8 tons, and to become 8-B the other characters would become 1/3 of the entire tier stronger.
Like, if we allow this, I will already start writing down which of my verses I can upgrade by 1/3 of their tier because they are "a few times stronger than another".

Looking at the scaling once again, we have Venom, Carnage and Mark IV Spidey at High 8-C+ because they upscale from Spidey's 4.45 tons.
If that's all what they scale to, 8-B is completely out of reach for them, as they would have to literally jump more than half the tier.

Even if they scale to Mettle (and I don't know who scales to him currently) the problem is still the same, and people can just read what I've said in my previous messages.

So for reference, we have two sets of High 8-Cs, ones that scale to Spider-Man's 4.5, and the other half that scale to Mettle's 8 tons (Rhino, Sandman, and people direcly on that level)

Okay. Noted. So should we do anything here, or close this thread, then?

Okay. Should Toxin's page be updated with information that he overpowered Carnage first though?

i think so, since he did that more than one time, but his best feat was the scan of him beating both symbiotes at the same time, so it should be something like this:

at least high 8-C+ (overpowered both carnage and venom at the same time)

and i guess it's done, who would apply the changes?

That seems fine to me. Is somebody here willing to handle it?

i think so, since he did that more than one time, but his best feat was the scan of him beating both symbiotes at the same time, so it should be something like this:

at least high 8-C+ (overpowered both carnage and venom at the same time)

and i guess it's done, who would apply the changes?
Is somebody here willing to apply what has been accepted here please?

Okay. Is anybody else here willing to handle it please?

Hmmm, it actually appears to be on Venom's page already, albeit, phrased in a more detailed way

Hmmm, it actually appears to be on Venom's page already, albeit, phrased in a more detailed way
Thank you for trying to help out.

Can you verify that the current information in the page is acceptable according to what we agreed here, @The_Impress ?

When was the inferior host thing accepted? I don’t remember proofing brought forth for it

Back