• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D. Luffy vs Donquixote Doflamingo - No plot armor edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy defeated Doflamingo because he has Law and Oda help. So, who would win in one on one battle?

Dressrosa Luffy

In character

Battle take place on Dressrosa
MonkeyDLuffy
Monkey D. Luffy

Donquixote Doflamingo
Donquixote Doflamingo

luffy may one shot doflamingo if he uses KKG on him lol. as it was seen in the manga that luffy king kong gun one shotted Doflamingo in the manga. so i doubt he cant fight him in 1 on 1 againts doffy.

If this is just Boundman Luffy, then it depends on whether there is a time limit or not. With a time limit, Doffy wins. Without, Luffy stomps.

Why is this on the Versus Thread Board? Put it in Fun and Games.

Doflamingo wins because unlike before, he wont be rendered weakened by a mortal wound that required immediate attention just to prevent himself from dying on the spot.

Luffy would still be rendered incapacitated upon using Gear 4th excessively, which he would need to in order to actually defeat Doflamingo. Anything less than King Kong Gun couldn't KO Doflamingo, even while in a weakened state.

Even in-plot, Doflamingo was chained up in sea-stone and taken away moments after he was struck by KKG, and Luffy was unconscious for more than 2 days. Who is to say that Doflamingo wasn't the first one to wake up? He was seen later having a conversation with Tsuru in pretty good health considering what he just dealt with.

In fact, since this is basically just a re-hash of the Dressrosa arc excluding outside help, the fight would play out almost identically to their first round, with Doflamingo using the Black Knight to blind-side Luffy, and proceeding to capitalize and harass Luffy with his 2-on-1 advantage, not to mention his superior strength and durability.

Luffy would be forced to go into Gear 4th while roughed up and Doflamingo would be in perfect condition, and while Gear 4th would turn the tables rather quickly, Doflamingo still has his awakening, and he'd be able to use haki on it this time since he isn't forced to focus on recovering his body.

He'd be able to hold off Gear 4th much better this time, so either Luffy uses King Kong Gun and manages to land a blow on Doflamingo, which would probably not KO him at this point, and Luffy would be unable to even move for 10 minutes while no one would be there to help him. Doflamingo would have plenty of time to get up, even when critically injured because of his powers and endurance, and just de-cap Luffy.

Whole-Cake Luffy is a totally different matter <_<

@cin: Keep in mind that Luffy was in pretty poor shape himself before going g4 in the dressrossa arc.

Luffy will be in much better shape in this fight, which means his g4 will be stronger, last longer and be something he can recover from faster.

Lol, Doflamingo suffered a mortal injury and got stabbed two other times and got electrocuted and suffered several strikes to his abdomen after having his organs blown up while Luffy was roughed up a bit.

You can't compare the two.

@cin: While I agree that Doffy may have taken more damage (though he is much more resilient and healed his damage somewhat)

Luffy was much more than roughed up

Punk hazard took place the day before Dressrossa, I doubt that Luffy healed from all of his injuries in a single day (I am also doubtful he jumped from 7-A to Low 6-B but I digress).

Luffy fought in the Coliseum just a few hours earlier (including fighting Don Chinjao).

He's been thrown off and kicked through buildings.

He spent much of the time running all over Dressrosa.

His already worn body has to deal with the strain & emotional roller coaster his psyche underwent as a result of discovering the brother he thought long-dead is actually alive.

He let Bellamy take a BUNCH of shots on him.

Flamingo even remarks that Luffy is half-dead, i.e., at 50% full power.

If a half dead Luffy managed 10 minutes of G4, a full strength Luffy should easily manage atleast 20 minutes of a stronger G4.

I personally don't think that there is much difference between whole cake island Luffy and dressrossa Luffy so at full strength he should be able to manage 11 hours of G4.

WholeCake Luffy has different Gear 4th forms, stronger Kenbunshoku Haki, and he isn't incapacitated after 20 minutes of using Gear 4th.

And no, he never used Gear 4th for 11 hours. Ever.

Before 11 hours later was shown, he was in g4, after it was shown he was still in G4, it is pretty reasonable to assume he was g4 for all 11 hours.

He wasn't Luffy was running away from Cracker most of the time. The entire 11 hours was a mixture of fighting and running away from Cracker.

OK, you are right about that, at the time I just assumed that he was a fat boundman but evidently I was wrong.

Yeh probably Doffy Mid / Low-High diff since Luffy won't have outside help when G4 runs out and Doffy will be somewhat stronger as he isn't tired / weakened like he was in their final encounter.

I never said stomp... What I meant by legitimate is "Is this a fight that's going to be added or more of a question of what would happen?".

In that case, I don't recall any rule that prevents match-ups like this unable to be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back