• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Super Sonic VS Super Shadow

Rules for the match are listed here

Super Shadow:

Super Sonic: 1 (ElixirBlue)

Inconclusive: 10 (JED, Theuser789, The_Axiom_of_Virgo, ShakeResounding, Maverick_Zero_X, ShadowWarrior1999, GlaceonGamez471, sanicspood, BlastX, Bernkastelll)

dc1y4wd-53d7dcb3-0417-4b2a-a2f3-73730427eaf2.png
latest

Last edited:
Hey just a heads up, you put Metal Overlord in the description instead of Super Shadow.
As for the fight itself, since the last Sonic vs Shadow was Incon, and this is the same thing but Super, I’m going incon for the reasons from that thread.

Hey just a heads up, you put Metal Overlord in the description instead of Super Shadow.
As for the fight itself, since the last Sonic vs Shadow was Incon, and this is the same thing but Super, I’m going incon for the reasons from that thread.
My mistake. Changed that

Gomna comment my actual vote later.

The reasonings for the Base Sonic vs Base Shadow thread were because people argued Shadow would go for hax vs Sonic being better in almost every other way iirc.

Shadow's combat tactics are drastically changed when facing against Sonic. Hence why Sonic has canonically beaten Shadow several times despite the latter hax-spamming. This is an important thing for us to remember for this match-up.

Considering Sonic knows how tough Shadow is i'm pretty sure he would take him seriously from the get go.

Considering Sonic knows how tough Shadow is i'm pretty sure he would take him seriously from the get go.

So would Shadow, but he always takes Sonic seriously... while Sonic at times doesn't... hm... but a battle to the death would make Sonic act more seriously.....

If Shadow took Sonic as seriously as you all are claiming he would take his rings off against him

Plus Shadow still used Chaos Control against Sonic in SA2, Heroes (Team Blast) and Generations, and he can use shit like Chaos Rift in his boss battle in Chronicles

I am thinking this is incon

Doesn't Sonic has Chaos Control to use against Shadow too? In the Dark Story of Sonic Adventure 2 Sonic used Chaos Control against Shadow

Plus Shadow still used Chaos Control against Sonic in SA2, Heroes (Team Blast) and Generations, and he can use shit like Chaos Rift in his boss battle in Chronicles
Shadow's combat tactics are drastically changed when facing against Sonic. Hence why Sonic has canonically beaten Shadow several times despite the latter hax-spamming. This is an important thing for us to remember for this match-up.

Wait User, if Shadow uses Hax against Sonic all the time, and Sonic has beaten Shadow more than Shadow has beaten Sonic, doesn't this match likely go to Sonic?

Sonic also has Wisp as Standard Equipment for his match while Shadow does not.

Gonna be difficult to judge this match since we've never had a proper Super v Super showdown, but here's how I see it.

Also, since this is Standard Equipment only, we should note neither Sonic nor Shadow have anything other than the Chaos Emeralds here.

Both are dead-even in base Super stats.

Shadow's advantage lies in his Hero/Dark sub-forms, which add an extra boost to his already superior Chaos Powers (Better Chaos Control, repeated Chaos Blasts, etcetera), and the removal of his Inhibitors for a quick and easy boost of power and speed. The problem lies in their shared Stonewall Durability, which will render any meaningful damage on his side null. Other durability negating hax are kinda resisted by Sonic anyways, like his spatial-distorting Chaos Magic.

Sonic's advantage lies in his more varied ways of boosting his speed. Super Peel Out to quadruple it (though he might not use this cuz of flight, still worth noting), Super Sonic Boost, Arrow of Light, etcetera. His purifying aura won't do anything beyond quelling Super Shadow's Dark sub-form since Super Shadow is inherently tapping into the positive energy of the Chaos Emeralds. Though, again, there's no point in being faster and doing chip damage if he can't harm Shadow to begin with.

Two immovable objects wailing on each other. Inconclusive.

Last edited:
Sonic and Shadow agree it's a draw and go to bully all the other fighters in the tournament together.

So yeah Incon FRA

Also, since this is Standard Equipment only, we should note neither Sonic nor Shadow have anything other than the Chaos Emeralds here.
I disagree with this, just because they turn super doesn't mean they lose base equipment, plus Sonic won because of Wisps in the last match

Then the match should be redone if that's the sole reason. This is the rules of the wiki, Standard Equipment doesn't carry over like that. If it did, it'd be in the Standard Equipment for Super Sonic as well.

Super Sonic not having Wisps in Super Form is what making this match an Incon.

Should we wait for User and Shake to finish their argument about this?

Shadow can use the Wisps too though so that cancels out.
Shadow does not that have that listed as Equipment on his page.

And, if we are using the “Shadow uses Chaos Powers more in character than Sonic, so he should be superior in that regard.”

The opposite is true for the Wisps.

Actually, you know what? My oopsie. I forgot we kinda do consider Wisps standard for Sonic in Super. It's things like Darkspine and Excalibur that it isn't.

But I think Shadow has several means of reliable evading Sonic using Wisps anyways. Mainly teleport spam through Chaos Control. So if we revisit my synopsis above, nothing actually changes much since Shadow isn't going to let Sonic get close enough to do anything with the Wisps that can bypass durability.

But, if Shadow isn’t getting closer due to the threat Sonic possesses, how will he win? Sonic seems to have the wincon over Shadow.

The “it’s only a matter of time” aspect Sonic has on Shadow.

Back