• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean, for one he has full mastery and creation of 1-C characters Ur-Dragon and Emrakul. Secondly, there are an uncountable number of him, usually dueling each other but could team up against one of the most powerful characters here. Thirdly, with all of the thousands of spells he has, he practically can make reality bend to his will. I think he's just too good for tier 2.

I'm very new to MTG lore, but you are misunderstanding the tiering system, having power above 1C characters is 1C, maybe H1C, not 1B. Do you have any scans talking about the planeswalker having control over Ur-Dragon or the Eldrazi?

Oh, they have cards, and https://img.scryfall.com/cards/png/front/b/3/b3656310-093d-4724-a399-7f7010843b1f.png?1557575878 confirms that all planeswalkers create these beings out of thin air. There's no lore around them as they are the players, with one of them for each player, and WOTC wants to keep the gameplay and story separate.

Also, the Planeswalker at its most powerful is ironically when not playing seriously. See, there are cards that are not tournament legal, in Un sets, as holiday-themed promos, as convention exclusives, and as thank-you gifts to WOTC employees and partners. These are from a completely separate multiverse, where magic is powered by the 4th wall and beyond into the Outerverse. See, players of these cards use dexterity, charisma, and the words of the cardboard in ways tournament magic cannot, and the players have to physically be the link to their Planeswalker. If that doesn't scream 1-B, or possibly 1-A, I don't know what does.

This seems to be trying to use reality-fiction interaction to give higher tiers, and afaik, we don't do this here. And the planeswalkers had promblems fighting Nicol Bolas, which isn't as powerful as Ur-Dragon or the Eldrazi.

Well, the thing I'm trying to point out in that case, is that this is a completely separate multiverse, together making the MTG Omniverse with the Blind Eternities. And in cube drafts especially, people will sometimes cross these separate multiverses together. There is only one known connection between the two in their entirety, a door that starts on Mirrodin and ends on Bablovia, deep in a cave. Likely, Bablovia is an alternate Mirrodin. Two goblins, Krark and his gambling partner, once ventured in armed with Krark's severed thumb, and they ended up on the other side. And considering the non existence of the Phyrexians on Bablovia, it's safe to say that door was sealed long, long ago.

Well, you should ask one of the supporters of the verse in it's verse page, because i obviously don't have enough knowledge on this verse, sorry.

I think I discussed this with Dargoo and Weekly in the past, but I assume you are going with 'us', the player.

in some ways it gets meta like it does in DND.

But no, the planeswalkers are scaled to the lore only, not anything in the game itself. The best feat ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âa╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠Ây╠ ╠Âs╠Âc╠Âa╠Âl╠Âe╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Âr╠Âi╠Âg╠Âh╠Ât╠ ╠Ân╠Âo╠Âw╠Â,╠ ╠Âo╠Ân╠Âe╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âa╠Ât╠ ╠Âi╠ ╠Âs╠Âh╠Âa╠Âl╠Âl╠ ╠Âv╠Âe╠Âr╠Ây╠ ╠Âs╠Âw╠Âi╠Âf╠Ât╠Âl╠Ây╠ ╠Ân╠Âe╠Âr╠Âf╠ ╠Âo╠Ân╠Âc╠Âe╠ ╠Âi╠ ╠Âs╠Ât╠Âo╠Âp╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âl╠Âa╠Âz╠Ây╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Âr╠Âe╠Âa╠Âd╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âb╠Âo╠Âo╠Âk╠Âs╠ is the one where Nicol Bolas prevents the multiverse from collapsing and could create timerifts that destroy the multiverse, both of which are infinite.

In story, the only characters who are possibly in his league are Karn, Ugin and Urza and the only the one is likely stronger is Taysir.

So in short, no the planeswalkers are not 1-B. I might have to do more research on the 'player planeswalker' being 1-B and as a separate page though.

The 'fourth wall' is obviously you. You the planeswalker are superior to the Eldrazi and Ur Dragon which is the OP's point.

It still would be 1-C or whatnot, but the two planeswalkers are sort of separate.

At least how we currently treat them. I wouldn't be opposed to a composite player planeswalker page.

There should be a separate tab representing the actual Player/Planeswalker composite, the one representing the Player who is a master of all forms of mana, who can summon other Planeswalkers (like Nicol Bolas Dragon-God) and beings like The Ur-Dragon, and the Eldrazi.

The current page technically only describes an unnamed "Oldwalker", aka a Pre-Mending Planeswalker. WOTC treats the Player as superior to all in the verse (though there are even cards that allow you to control your opponent, who are also Player/Planeswalkers). In many ways, The Player is much like the Luminous Being from D&D (another WOTC product, btw.)

The Post-Mending Planeswalkers are significantly weaker, usually aligned to only one-three types of mana. These Planeswalkers pale in comparison to Oldwalkers like Nicol Bolas, Sorin, Urza, etc. This Post-Mending Planeswalker should also have a generic tab.

The current page should have three tabs - Post-Mending Planeswalker, Pre-Mending Planeswalker (Oldwalker), and Player/Planeswalker (the Planeswalker represented by The Player).

Well, I just checked, and "The Planeswalker" refers to the protagonist of the Duels games, which do in fact include Progenitus and Emrakul as collectable cards to add to your arsenal. And also, not only is he controlling them, but magically creating replicas of them that are near identical aside from the fact that they can be controlled. Easy High 1-C

Emrakul and Ur-Dragon are both 1-C at their most powerful, with Emrakul possibly being higher. I think that settles it.

Tmangaming03 said:
Emrakul and Ur-Dragon are both 1-C at their most powerful, with Emrakul possibly being higher. I think that settles it.
Both are Low 1-C, and since they are from a 2A multiverse, they are probably 5D, so above it id 6D, which is still Low 1-C, there is really nothing here that can be High 1-C.

Back