• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Advantages and Disadvantages:

Deku:
  • Range (for most of Deku's arsenal, he has superior range at Tens of Kilometers, not including Zuikaku's planes)
  • Blackwhip (can grab and restrain Zuikaku with Blackwhip)
  • Intellect (is significantly smarter than Zuikaku)
  • Analytical Prediction (can likely predict Zuikaku's movements, maybe even easier than he can with others due to his intelligence advantage)
  • Flight (with float, he has better flight that Zuikaku)
  • Hand to Hand Combat (is better at fighting than Zuikaku, though may be surpassed by Zuikaku with her bs anime swordsman shizzle)
  • Rage Power
  • Precognition (Danger Sense is very noice)
Zuikaku:
  • ~1.6x Ap Advantage
  • Stat Decrease and Stat Amp (Can increase her Ap and decrease Deku's)
  • Immortality (In the event of an inconclusive, Zuikaku wins due to not aging)
  • Accelerated Development (May be able to level up)
  • Planes (Planes take away Deku's range advantage)
  • Danmaku
  • BS Anime Swordsman Shizzle (can do insane stuff with her sword like every other Anime Swordsman)
Deku has many more abilities related to movement and restraining, while Zuikaku has very odd advantages besides AP advantages. I think that i'll vote Deku, but idk the potency of Zuikaku's BS Anime Swordsman Shizzle and Stat Decrease/Amp. This could go either way because of that.

@ShockingShoes, In reply to your argument:

Zuikaku fighting style are similar to this which she mostly goes for sword fight and have her planes assist her. Aircraft Carrier like her are fond of carpet bombing enemy like this.

Zuikaku's stat amp are mostly inapplicable in solo matches because she would need to sortied with Shoukaku or other ships, however Crane's Endeavor can still increase the damage of airstrike regardless. Accelerated Development is non combat-applicable btw.

In term of skills, Zuikaku have fought and defeated Mikasa, one of the most experience ships in tactical and combat to the point that she can read opponents movement and mind. Her opponent, Suruga, is also extremely good at tactical as well.

Last edited:
@ShockingShoes, In reply to your argument:

Zuikaku fighting style are similar to this which she mostly goes for sword fight and have her planes assist her. Aircraft Carrier like her are fond of carpet bombing enemy like this.

Zuikaku's stat amp are mostly inapplicable in solo matches because she would need to sortied with Shoukaku or other ships, however Crane's Endeavor can still increase the damage of airstrike regardless. Accelerated Development is non combat-applicable btw.

In term of skills, Zuikaku have fought and defeated Mikasa, one of the most experience ships in tactical and combat to the point that she can read opponents movement and mind. Her opponent, Suruga, is also extremely good at tactical as well.
Hm, so there's really good skill feats, negating Izuku's hand to hand combat, Stat Amp is completely inapplicable and so is Accelerated Development, and she from what i'm seeing has analytical prediction, canceling out Izuku's, though intelligence likely means that Izuku's is more potent.

So, still voting Izuku.

To avoid this being a FRA train, i will give out some argument for Zuikaku:

First of all, she is 1.6x times stronger than Deku and her second increase her airstrikes to 20%, this can be stacked up to three times btw.

She got significant higher range than Deku, yes i know about air shockwave, but she got more opinion via fighter and dive bomber with rapid auto fire and bombing, both which cover a large area. If you wanted me to be more specific, the aircraft carrier she's based on have: 127 mm Type 89 guns, Type 96 anti-aircraft guns; the Mitsubishi A6M Zero have consist of two cannons, two machine guns and two 60 kg bombs; the Aichi D3A have two machine guns, normal bomb load was a single 250 kg bomb and two additional 60 kg bombs.

Her skills and experience were given above but i'll go more detail about it: In that situation, despite Suruga having superior armaments than Mikasa, she didn't just charge straight into her but come up a strategy to put her into a position which the carriers from behind would launch airstrike in moment. However, Mikasa still manage to defeat Suruga in the end and she even comment: "That person is a monster!" I could go on more but i will leave this just now.

and bombing, both which cover a large area.
this could actually beat Deku. Seeing how she has the AP advantage (not much tho), that could beat Deku, seeing how many of those bombs there are..

Deku has no real answer to them other than just running away, which I guess is fair. He also has precog so he'll see it coming and be able to get out the way. Still leaning towards Deku though, but I'm happy you tried to not making it a FRA train, with good solid points.
Yeah, Zuikaku is way more skilled than Deku at this point. But he also has intelligence by his side, so unfortunately her skill won't do much against pre-cog and his intelligence as well (I think, anyways).

I wouldn't say Deku is smarter than Zuikaku though. In academic sense, maybe but keep in mind that Azur Lane take place in an alternate version of WW2 and every characters were learnt about combat and tactic based on lesson or their own experience. Zuikaku, as stated herself, are one of two elite carriers in the Great War.

I mean it's not like Deku doesn't have several people's Knoweldge and Experience to pull from in the form of the past OFA Users' Vestiges, all of which fought All For One at least once plus his own Experiences like the Lady Nagant fight which he had a massive disadvantage against, so he's got quite the amount of skill at his disposal and people to help him strategize with.

While i believe skills and experience are important in every matches, it isn't a decisive factor that will give Deku victory over Zuikaku.

Aside from ShockingShoes who bring out a concise point. I wish to heard an solid argument for Deku winning instead of mindlessly FRA-ing.

Wait, hold up. How did I not notice that you said that "I wouldn't say Deku is smarter than Zuikaku" when his Intelligence Rating blows her put of the water? Like she has Average Intelligence while he's Gifted so he makes her look like an idiot if we're going off of pure intellect.

Wait, hold up. How did I not notice that you said that "I wouldn't say Deku is smarter than Zuikaku" when his Intelligence Rating blows her put of the water? Like she has Average Intelligence while he's Gifted so he makes her look like an idiot if we're going off of pure intellect.
He's talking about her feats in the series as opposed to the actual rating of Zuikaku on VSBW.

in my opinion deku is not superior to Zuikaku in intelligence for this Zuikaku have fought and defeated Mikasa, one of the most experience ships in tactical and combat to the point that she can read opponents movement and mind. Her opponent, Suruga, is also extremely good at tactical as well. And zuikaku can wins With bombardments but i not voting for now.

Advantages and Disadvantages:

Deku:
  • Range (for most of Deku's arsenal, he has superior range at Tens of Kilometers, not including Zuikaku's planes)
  • Blackwhip (can grab and restrain Zuikaku with Blackwhip)
  • Intellect (is significantly smarter than Zuikaku)
  • Analytical Prediction (can likely predict Zuikaku's movements, maybe even easier than he can with others due to his intelligence advantage)
  • Flight (with float, he has better flight that Zuikaku)
  • Hand to Hand Combat (is better at fighting than Zuikaku, though may be surpassed by Zuikaku with her bs anime swordsman shizzle)
  • Rage Power
  • Precognition (Danger Sense is very noice)
Zuikaku:
  • ~1.6x Ap Advantage
  • Stat Decrease and Stat Amp (Can increase her Ap and decrease Deku's)
  • Immortality (In the event of an inconclusive, Zuikaku wins due to not aging)
  • Accelerated Development (May be able to level up)
  • Planes (Planes take away Deku's range advantage)
  • Danmaku
  • BS Anime Swordsman Shizzle (can do insane stuff with her sword like every other Anime Swordsman)
Deku has many more abilities related to movement and restraining, while Zuikaku has very odd advantages besides AP advantages. I think that i'll vote Deku, but idk the potency of Zuikaku's BS Anime Swordsman Shizzle and Stat Decrease/Amp. This could go either way because of that.
Nah deku and zuikaku are uqual in intelligence. The problem of deku are the bombardements (i think)

zaikaku can stand above the plane and deku can not hit the plane. Deku can solo Dodge the bombardements.

"Hundreds of meters with Blackwhip (His Pinpoint Focus super move managed to reach Lady Nagant from a considerably far distance) "

" Levitation (Able to suspend himself in mid-air with Float), True Flight (By combining Float with Air Force, Deku is capable of flying with no limitations)"

Also this helps deku out a bunch
"Precognition and Extrasensory Perception (Can detect imminent threats with Danger Sense. Can perceive hostility and bloodlust in his vicinity)"

Also his intelligents rateing on his profile

"Gifted. Genius in combat (His predictive abilities have developed to such an extent that he was able to perfectly analyze Lady Nagant's movement patterns and track her location based solely on the trajectory of her curved shots, even though it was nighttime and under heavy rainfall. He managed to dominate Fa Jin amid battle despite having used it for the first time only a few minutes earlier)"

Flying isn't a problem for Zuikaku because she got her planes. Zuikaku also beat someone who can predict opponents movement and mind based on experience so Danger Sense won't be much of a trouble for her. While her intelligent definitively need some rework but i have already posted skills feat proven that she isn't a pushover by any means.

Also, since SBA are played in the starting distance would be 4km away.

Flying isn't a problem for Zuikaku because she got her planes. Zuikaku also beat someone who can predict opponents movement and mind based on experience so Danger Sense won't be much of a trouble for her. While her intelligent definitively need some rework but i have already posted skills feat proven that she isn't a pushover by any means.

Also, since SBA are played in the starting distance would be 4km away.
zuikaku how many planes can call for the attack?

Not really, aircraft carrier can send planes to hundreds of kilometers, each of them can fly up to hundreds of meters range (3000m to 7500m)

He doesn't predict people from Danger Sense, he predicts them from analytical prediction, which is his sheer intelligence letting him basically calculate trajectory and direction from minimal information.

Danger Sense is defensive and just ensures her attacks don't land on him because he can dodge them before they get close.

So I don't really see how she keeps him away from her.

Range is irrelevant if he just avoids their attacks and approaches her.

Back