• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zombie Apocalypse Tournament Round 3 Match 2. Tank Dempsey vs Base Ghoul

Peppersalt43

They/Them
American Hero : 7
Fantasy Zombie : 0
Incon : 0

Anything above 9-B is restricted
Tank only has access Classic Default Gobblegums
He does however have access to an M16 and a Double Barreled Shotgun
As usual his perk-a-cola is Juggernog
Fight takes place in Gravestone, 20 meters apart
Speed equalized

Story below

Tank was sitting down by a table, a playing board present next to him. A single ghoul sat in front of him while his necromancer is the dungeon master.

"You arrive at a dimly lit room. The only thing visible is a rifle sitting above a lit podium. Do you take it?" he asked.
"undead mumbling (Please, no more! Every time you pick it up everyone dies and we have to restart this game! I have better things to do with my undead life!)" said the ghoul.

"I will not be frightened by a firearm! Americans do not fear firearms! Gunpowder flows through our blood! I'll take it and bring freedom to this lawless land with it!" replied Tank.
"Your entire party is shot down once it's revealed to be a flying weapon" he explained

"undead mumbling (Cease your reckless action, I beg you!)" the ghoul mumbled
"We may be pretending to be in a magical realm but I am an American! You can stop me from getting that rifle once freedom reigns upon the lands, unless..." replied the soldier "I knew it! You hate America! RAAAGH!".

Last edited:
Can someone clarify what powers the Ghoul has please. There's so many keys...

Dempsey has the considerable advantage of range and preference to fight from range, so that's one thing, however the ghoul isn't totally stupid (albeit it is lesser than an average human) and can use stealth to even the odds and close distance if needed. The way I see it, if the ghoul does manage to hit Dempsey, that is effectively the end of the fight, due to the paralyzing touch thing. The question is, will it get that hit in?

I'm not familiar with the gobblegums being used here, I haven't really played much Black Ops past 2. I feel that is needed info since some of these **** him over and some **** the ghoul over.

Dempsey has the considerable advantage of range and preference to fight from range, so that's one thing, however the ghoul isn't totally stupid (albeit it is lesser than an average human) and can use stealth to even the odds and close distance if needed. The way I see it, if the ghoul does manage to hit Dempsey, that is effectively the end of the fight, due to the paralyzing touch thing. The question is, will it get that hit in?

I'm not familiar with the gobblegums being used here, I haven't really played much Black Ops past 2. I feel that is needed info since some of these **** him over and some **** the ghoul over.
Always Done Swiftly - (Activates Immediately, Lasts 3 Rounds) Walk faster when aiming. Raise and lower your weapon to aim more quickly.
Arms Grace - (Activates Immediately, Lasts until next respawn) Respawn with the guns the player had when they bled out.
Coagulant - (Activates Immediately, Lasts 20 minutes) Longer bleedout time.
In Plain Sight - (Activated, 2x Activations, 10 seconds each) All zombies ignore the player.
Stock Option - (Activates Immediately, Last 2.5 minutes) Ammo is taken from the player's stockpile instead of their weapon's magazine.

Arms Grace and Coagulant are useless here whilst the others are somewhat okay I guess.

ADS (oh, I get it now, har) doesn't seem too crazy? From what I recall you move slower when ADSing, no? So unless this is a colossal boost, I don't consider this a wild game changer. Arms Grace and Coagulant are useless for our purposes.

In Plain Sight... does this apply to creatures that are technically not zombies? Like is it "all undead regardless"? Even so, depending on what power this is, the Ghoul may well resist by dint of universal D&D resistances, but as the ghoul is distinct from zombies, I'd like to know if it is shown to work on all creatures of a similar type, first. Stock Option is very good, though.

Does activates immediately mean it is a passive or that when he eats the gum it is an instantaneous effect?

Yeah, as soon as it's eaten. The triggerable ones are activated by popping the gum.

In Plain Sight does work on the other creatures that spawn like the Margwas and Parasites so I think so.

Dempsey has a lot of firepower, especially with upgraded guns, and a lot of combat experience. Would it give him an edge?

If this were a zombie I'd be inclined to say combat experience matters extensively, though ghouls aren't mindless undead- their brain rots somewhat but they're still generally within human levels of sentience, and recall their past life. Most have combat experience of their own, though the exact level of that varies from "peasant militia" to "military officer". So it's an advantage but not one I'm gonna say wins him the fight.

I do feel his range is his primary upper hand and it depends on how much he's willing to abuse it. If he just holds range and manages to keep track of the ghoul, it's a fairly easy fight, I think. I've played Black Ops but I don't know much of his character- is he prone to abusing range?

Yeah, it's not really considered a viable strategy to go get in close range against zombies who's only attack is just slapping you around. He's also a elite WW2 soldier as well, pretty sure that counts as has to count for something as well. Not sure if he gets access to pack-a-punch weapons, but I recall the M16 upgraded gets a grenade launcher as well.

"Tank Dempsey: American hero. Hand him a loaded weapon, a good woman, and something to shoot at and he is happy. Enrage him and he will rip your guts out and use them as a bandolier.

Dempsey was selected for this mission after he showed his true grit at the battle for Peleliu. Remarkable though it may seem, his unit was captured during the early raids before the main invasion, and he spent 2 weeks in a rat infested bamboo cage submerged in malarial water. Well that did not stop The Tank. After he gnawed his way through the cage, he then gnawed his way through his captors armed only with a Bobby pin and his Medal of Honor which he keeps secreted in various body cavities.

Now you know there is no before the war for Dempsey, and there is no after. There is only the legend of Tank Dempsey, and how he will win the war for the rest of us."

Aye, I may have phrased it poorly. I wasn't asking "does the zombie killing guy try to kill zombies by kissing them". I was moreso asking does he just shoot, run backwards, shoot. I know the game features melee weapons, for example, and shotguns I figure would end up poorly for him.

I mean, he tends to keep his distance as much as possible I guess, makes no sense actively wanting to get close to an enemy that only has melee.

Alright.

In that case, despite the advantages of the ghoul, I think Dempsey could just gun the ****** down before he could cross 20 meters. Even evading I believe the Ghoul couldn't get close enough, given the environment. Seems more likely than not that the Ghoul just ******* dies.

My vote to the American hero.

Last edited:
Back