• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The best 'murican Godzilla FRA
Pardon my asking, please, but which reasoning?
AFAIK, all this thread has been so far has been arguing about how Prior Knowledge & SBA interact & how that interacts with the behaviour & characterization of these combatants.

Probably his own atomic breath which seems to reach very high heat values (Melting sand is pretty darn crazy). Is there an explicit value for the Frost Breath?
Just dodge, though? Flight & she's very mobile & high movement, IIRC. & a breath attack from a kaiju seems telegraphed enough that it's reasonable enough to dodge.
In theory, with the limited range of motion of Godzilla's neck compared to his body size, there should be a great number of points on his body he can't aim at from which he could be grabbed & thrown.
Because speed is equalized here and Zilla Jr actually had experience fighting multiple smaller and faster opponents than him, sometimes simultaneously at that.
What are the details of his experience?
Also, the following replies say:
Vice versa with Wordgirl. She does this with giant robots and enemies that are hard to even touch due to being made out of electricity nearly every single day, so it wouldn't be hard for her given her experience.
Except Zilla Jr isn't stupid, he has showcased the ability to rapidly adapt to his opponents' fighting styles and come up with strategies to defeat them mid-combat even when they physically overpower him like in his very first fight against Crustaceous Rex.
And Wordgirl isn't either. In almost every episode, she's faced with a villain with a different power and adapts to them to find a weakness, or using an already existing plan, of which she has made nine-hundred and ninety-nine, to beat someone. She's even managed to beat The Learnerer after her first encounter with him, whose power is to analyze any fighting style and adapt to it. And lastly, she's managed to beat Miss Power using her wits and speed, who initially stomped and blitzed her on her first encounter, as well as stomped every single villain in the series in minutes -- including The Learnerer. This is her job. She's more than acquainted with taking down kaiju, whether they be made out of electricity, mechanical, or a giant rampaging uwu-speech'd girl.
That may be so, but from what I'm seeing on her profile of Zilla Jr manages to hit her even once with the Atomic Breath then she dies pretty much instantly since she has no resistance to the extreme heat and radiation it gives off.
Both of them are intelligent, skilled & capable of improvising, but if Wordgirl goes with grabbing & yeeting into the sun, I think the anatomically limited range of angles he can aim his Atomic Breath at compared to how many places Wordgirl could grab him from would let her win.

& the OP didn't give Godzilla prior knowledge, so it likely doesn't know she outlifts him, & thus, may not know to dodge, especially if it's focusing on trying to atomic breath her in the moment.
Since she has Prior Knowledge, she'd know to avert it, & if she can divert it even momentarily to create an opening -Ex: Via ice breath or sonic scream- she might do that to win. I'd assume anyway.

Just dodge, though? Flight & she's very mobile & high movement
Not sure that matters much against an opponent that is just as agile and mobile.

& a breath attack from a kaiju seems telegraphed enough that it's reasonable enough to dodge
I mean if she sees his spikes glowing that's not gonna be very easy to predict, especially with equal speeds and at a starting distance of 20 meters (Zilla's arms are longer than that so he could just grab her right away, potentially).

In theory, with the limited range of motion of Godzilla's neck compared to his body size, there should be a great number of points on his body he can't aim at from which he could be grabbed & thrown.

That could work against other incarnations of Goji, definitely not this one though. He's very limber and able to reach pretty much any place in his body with his arms and tail except for some sections of his back but that's about it. Going for Zilla's very thick neck wouldn't be smart.

What are the details of his experience?
Has fought all manner of kaiju with various elemental abilities and taken on alien invaders for about... 1-2 years (I forget the exact timespan of the animated series, but it's more than just a few months)? And he's managed to fight off other giant monsters that were older and more experienced as well. He has also fought annoying super fast and smart little monsters on the same vein as Worldgirl so she wouldn't be too new an opponent.

but if Wordgirl goes with grabbing & yeeting into the sun
That's definitely a possibility, she could fairly easily toss him around (since he only weighs 60000 tons). I'm not sure he'd give her that chance even without prior knowledge though, and with speeds equalized.

Wyf this thread has become? Any way...

Okay, both characters will not try to kill one another so godzilla will not atomize wordgirl and wordgirl will not trow zilla into orbit

Zilla has delt with faster and small targets before with great sucess, wordgirl has delt with bigger then her and more agile oponents before as well as ones that are capable of adapting mid fight to her combat

Let's say ths battle is not a "they are against each other" cenario but actually 2 heros fighting to train then selfs then sinse otherwise I think they would just not fight at all in this situation.

I give this to wordgirl, I feel like her feats of agility and combat adaptability too be more usefull here, her flight also makes thigs like Zilla ambush and underground mobility less usefull, and to end It all, zilla lacking prior knoldge means he don't know that wordgirl could survive his attacks so zilla would most likely hold back to not kill the flying human

And if we go with the "zilla actually think world girl is a enemy" here, with prior knoldge nothing stops wordgirl from talking zilla down from It, she know he understands human language... somewhat and talking a opinent down is still a wincon by SBA and in character, even if we decide that this don't count as a wincon then they just start sparing for fun/traning and we are back to my first argument lol

I mean that happens on occasion tbh, such things will often be questioned in fights.

The last few messages have been about the fight, at any rate.

I give this to wordgirl, I feel like her feats of agility and combat adaptability too be more usefull here, her flight also makes thigs like Zilla ambush and underground mobility less usefull, and to end It all, zilla lacking prior knoldge means he don't know that wordgirl could survive his attacks so zilla would most likely hold back to not kill the flying human
Counted and thank you!

Back