• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeno and his appearance

Does anyone think that Zeno should look far more realistic and intimidating than he is? I mean, if you are going to have a 2C character with the possibility of greater power, shouldn't they be granted an appearance and personality that is far more intimidating?

That he doesn't look intimidating is the point, zeno is childish and doesn't fully understand the consequences of his actions, which is why he is dangerous.

It's how dragon ball does its thing, powerful characters don't look that intimidating.

I mean, look at the second big arc for DB. 19 and 20 was a doll and an old man. 17 and 18 are teens. Even Cell wound up being hot. (Completely ignoring the massive editor hassles that happened behind the scenes)

Heck, Vegeta is pint sized, and is well...VEGETA!!!

Vegeta and the androids are intimidating. The androids aren't at first glance, but if my character was to attack them and nothing happen, well, atleast for 17 and 18, my character would be in disbelief or scared. Vegeta is a powerhouse. Even if My character waited until her training was over and she was 21, Vegeta would still speed blitz her. And Broly, well....my character even as an adult, wouldn't stand a chance. Ten minutes at most.

That's Toriyama thing.

Strong characters are given weak visual appearances to divert your expectations of their power (barring Jiren of course).

Sometimes, a wolf with an appearance of a sheep is far more dangerous than ordinary wolf since the sheep will see the wolf as their own, not realizing the dangerous that lurks behind it appearance. And as the proverb said "Don't judge book by It's cover".

@Dot that's nice, but the most powerful creature of all that can erase anything and anyone should at least have a bit of intimidating look.

@William Hmm, perhaps.. However, I do think dragon ball try to tell us a moral of the story : Don't underestimated someone by just their appearance and their personality, and of course it depends on people opinion on how the appropriate appearance and behavior for a strong character/powerful creature should be.

Back