• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yukari Yukamo's Boundary Manipulation

Yup saw that. Although wondering if it's more something about her barrier manipulation. Invisibility I'm surprised by and not entirely sure about, but then again with the scope of her abilities it's not unlikely so I'm fine. But yeah fine with those. See folks this is what happens if you actually take the time to discuss powers that seem like NLFs and actually try to understand their limits : p

Hurrah~ And fair enough.

And hmm, it really does depend on the scale of things I suppose. Although I seriously believe Yukari should have easy access to anti-matter. Then again I don't really mind since with that dream access thing you basically have a limited reality warp. On the other hand though what do you think of the life and death scenario I pointed above? I honestly think that maybe it should be on spellcards that have 'feats' outside of game. For now there's only a few regarding that so we can't really just put in she can do everything.

@Real Cal

Basically Maribel is alluded to be the same person as Yukari. However whether or not that's the case she possesses a very weak variant of Yukari's power. Yet she still managed to travel back in time to Gensokyo's earlier ages (Or well Yukari did it to her since her power wasn't that strong yet since she's in charge of Spiriting away, which basically drags outsiders into Gensokyo).

Later on Maribel is also able to time travel and get a piece of rock from the Izanagi Plate before it was subducted and disappeared forever, yay Geography.

Life and Death could go either way, I suppose. On one hand, she is pretty close to Yuyuko and had a hand on the events of PCB too, but on the other... Never used it. So I'm skeptical regarding that she has the same sort of power or control over it (or at least not combat applicable).

Other than that, not much to say (in fact, I had something but my mind went blank a sec ago).

Thank you for the feedback everyone woof!

True so she would understand how she works. Although why would Yuyuko go insane if she didn't use it that often in the past or has no control of it. Then again it doesn't mean she has that power now. And there is the issue of no killing in danmaku duels and Yuyuko doesn't just use it that often and is actually cautious of using it. Was wondering more on the Saigyouji Ayakashi since Yukari was pretty much able to counter it.

I was speaking more in regards to Yukari's involvement in the whole thing.

Now that you mention it, yes, combat applicable death Manip doesn't sound legit to me BUT on the other hand Yukari managed to seal the SA Tree which should translate to... I dunno, resistance to death manipulation instead or a means to seal such a power?

Ahh, well it was heavily implied tbf but I see where you're coming from. Although it's pretty much spelled out for me imo.

So sealing a power of someone then? Then again you can have possibly both but in the meantime I'm not too trusting on death manipulation.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Although why would Yuyuko go insane if she didn't use it that often in the past or has no control of it.
Didn't she go insane because she saw a huge number of people that had died near the tree?

Note: I'm pretty tired atm and this came from the top of my mind so sorry if it's stupid, I don't seem to remember.

Ah, I see.

Like mentioned above, based on that Yukari could have either the ability to seal a power like death manip, resistance to it, or both. Like you said, I'm not trusting on her having combat applicable death manipulation.

As for the rest thing, yeah, I will need some of that. Will be back sometime later. Off I go.

So I'm back... Let see, we're still going with the majority vote, but I'm going to tried explaining "Universe of Matter and Antimatter" anyway: From the look of it, I saw the portal act like a pseudo black hole to each other, and since being a true antimatter would disintergrate the atmosphere immediately, she either can contain it (by literally building a boundary between matter and antimatter), or she could specified which antimatter would destroy which matter...Showing a ridiculously high skill for such a simple-looking move.

Edit:...Maybe she's referencing the Hardon Epoch of the Big Bang Theory, where the quark is cooled enough to collect into hardon/antihardon pair. Or maybe the virtual particle, except she clearly seperate them in the moment they created to have free energy...

Oh yeah, what about Truth/Lie? Like I said many before, she could have used it on herself so that no one could really know who she was (...It definitively work on us).

Edit: Also another thing: She could discern different type of alcohol's beverage by sight alone...Guess it's only as good as a joke thing.

Hmm. That does seem plausible.

And the Truthe and Lie is true and sure you might be able to argue she flaunts herself as a youkai all the time but then again she's questioned to be one iirc. I think that might be boundary perception to analyze someone on the beer thing.

@Andhy The visual effects there don't look like anti-matter at all (I'd expect at least a huge k-boom and that's just for beginners)... Same goes for what the attack actually does. It has nothing to do with Antimatter. This Antimatter thing is just like those cases of Pseudo Black Holes in fiction that are called Black Holes but don't work at all in the way they are supposed to.

Even then. Even forgetting the whole game thing and what I just remarked, I say yet again: Yukari never makes any mention/usage of the thing anywhere else, so the whole "She contains it somehow/manipulates/whatever" is based on assumptions.

...Actually 90% of this reply of yours regarding the antimatter stuff is overflowing with assumptions. Like I said, provide proof or for the moment we don't have nowhere near enough evidence. Saying "I think she does this and that, probably" does not back up a claim.

Am nowhere near convinced yet.

By the ammount of proof I was given so far for Antimatter I could go and argue that any Yukari battle, she can do what Kaguya does and stop her foe eternally as soon as it starts via "Balance of Motion and Stillness" then just wreck it.

Finally on comp

Either that's a showcase of Yukari's control over antimatter's output or it's a small amount or it's just not right. Unless we get a description it's better to not be reliant on that spellcard. (After all who needs antimatter when you can gap someone's brain to the sun or have a medium reality warp) On the other hand Yukari's reach shouldn't be too shocking to get that far.

This is the final nail in the coffin. Maybe in the next game we'll see Yukari use that or something but for now there's nothing to allude to that. So gonna have to side with Fate on this one Andy, even if I wanna see her use stellar attacks.

Weeeell tbf Kaguya may have used it on the main characters and could've been countered by Yukari, Alice, Sakuya- (gets rejected) (But no seriously there was that time where the corridors are incredibly fast but I'm not aiming for that.

On the other hand Fate I do want to ask what you meant about the BFRing by isolating an enemy. With that method I think Yukari can even combine that with her portals to stories and etc to basically put them in a picture or story or dream, and then eradicate them like that. There might be some connection to spatial manipulation so I wanna hear about it.

BFR thing is: She can isolate the Real world and everything in it from Gensokyo (or vice versa, sealing Gensokyo and everything in it from the outside world), right?

My point: If she can do that to an entire world, I can see her easily isolating an enemy (and whatever else happens to be around) from the place/world where they're currently fighting y doing the same thing. Just isolate whatever the place they happen to be at from the world, and done. IIRC, even in Touhou Project as a whole, leaving the barrier/Gensokyo is something that very few characters are capable of doing (Aside from Yukari herself, Nue comes to mind) while most consider it borderline impossible (<<stealth pun).

I can totally see her using such a thing in battle as a means of BFR and sealing the opponent in one go as they would no longer have any access to the non-isolated part of the battlefield... Which just so happens to be the rest of the world (like Gensokyo, they would be isolated from the real world and would need one very good means of coming back, otherwise GG, sealed forever).

...Couple that with Yukari's Cross-Dimensional Range and she could just isolate someone, let them sealed there forever without a means to fight back while she just spams them to death from the non isolated side or does whatever she wants with her other abilities, since she has been proved to be able to cross said barrier at will.

That is correct. Although I was actually gonna disagree with you on your statement till I realized that she basically separated an entire kingdom instead of an actual person that may have needed prep time. On the other hand if it's a single person then yeah that does make sense. And then afterwards she can just continue on and gap you into someone's dream and then have that person wake up and you'll just cease to exist.... Deadly.

That's a means to BFR.

Indeed.

Kinda salty that no one commented regarding the resistance to Death Manip/Sealing, tho. lol

Is there anything else left or is that all for now...?

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
And then afterwards she can just continue on and gap you into someone's dream and then have that person wake up and you'll just cease to exist.... Deadly.
That's a means to BFR.
But wait, I don't think the whole ceasing to exist by making the person wake up was ever shown. Wouldn't she just stop at leaving a person inside someone else's dream (which is already enough to doom most anyways)?

@Fate Sadly I'm the only one, considering her traits power sealing and death resistance aren't unlikely with the peopel she talked to before. I would compare it to the gameplay mechanics when enemy bosses can nullify bombs but then again that might just be GM so it's a bit unfair.

@Real Cal

Yukari can take you away and isolate you and put you in her dreams :33

In all seriousness she can isolate and BFR someone to a place they can't get out so easily even if your specialty is using portals (cough Miko cough)

Spellcards shouldn't be taken at face value most of the time

Well that's the current topic at least. You want the full value of everything discussed?

True dat.

Power sealing not so much but Death Resistance could be a thing. She has the statement that cutting, killing and stabbing wouldn't do much (the less important proof, tho), has the feat of sealing the SA tree AND there's this one occasion where Toyohime says she'll be reducing the whole forest to atoms and Yukari laughs it off like "Come at me".

Yeah, that's the occasion I was talking about. Though I have to question, was that last scan really necess- *shot*

Also, atomizing the forest was to be comprehended as "along with whatever happens to be inside it". ovo

Yup just brought for further proof. You know Cal wants to see that :^ )

Wait why do you say that?

And on another note she did technically fix the border of life and death so that's further support for death resistance or at least an influence on it. Or at least she excels on sealing that much which is why I can't just back down from it

And regarding your earlier response that I missed

And yes. It would BFR them and leave them there since she's basically isolating them there and leaving them unless they have the means to escape or fix that. But if the person wakes up aren't they just basically a figment of the dream then?

I dunno, I figured they could be lost in a dream world forever or something (works like that in some series (D.Gray-Man comes to mind))? Then again, being lost forever aimlessly in a dream or whatever is arguably a fate worse than death.

Yeah, I agree with the Death Resistance part as that one is backed up by a lot of stuff.

As for the scans... Well, the last one you linked (20).

The dialogue. Erm... Hm... How do I say that...? Kinky (the translator played with their words).

Hmm, works either way. They get BFRed. Although in some cases becoming a picture and then being ripped apart would have the same effect since you basicaylle became 2-D, or even simply a thought or 1-D as an idea of a story. Arguably.

Yup. But still, power sealing too isn't that ignorable.

Errr no I was questioning the second half of your message xD Not that one (Sides we all know Cal wants to see that >:33). I was asking about what you mean when "along with whatever happens."

Ah, yes. It means nothing, I was just playing with Toyohime's words. "Can atomize the forest (and guess who happens to be inside said forest)?"

Now then, forget the still-inexplicably-weird Matter/Anti thing, let talk about Aerial Bait series. You talk about it before, but what do you think the high-speed object is? And how this is relate to her boundary ability?

The so-called infinite speed attack? Why not instead of focusing on the spellcards focus on her other abilities that she used or feats pre-spellcards?

Let see... if you said feat pre-spellcard. What I could thought of right now is how Yukari, a notorious Youkai sage, could walk on Heaven without you know... being immediately hunted down, considering her and her's friend rap-sheet, and how she could convince someone like Eiki, Hecatia or Junko to even play by her rule... And you know, how her realm can even connect to other mystical realm so easily (But that's have been talked before, and accepted as "because magic (really)")

It doesn't really mean anything, at least anything like you said. I just panicked a little. What I mean is even though Gensokyo's position make it easier to access, some of these zone have no business making it accessible to other place that easily (Like Heaven for example), and the powerful that live outside of the system also have no rational reason to follow her rule, yet they would do it without a bat of the eyes. That suggest alot about Yukari's strength of persuation and status.

Pardon my inactivity, irl issues, and in that case calm down then. Although we might have to make some revisions soon since my former thread died but all the progress is over here. Anyway, I wanna talk about reality warping and power sealing. Cause if you can send someone into a dream or a story and you can manipulate memory, then it's pretty easy to just edit some stuff.

Back