• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yugioh Anime Thread Season 2

And agaon, it does not relaly matter since the two effects that matter, Obelisk and Knight of destiny NEVER have been incomsistent. Ever.

So some other cards having different effects does not affect them

And apparently now the 11th time, I'm not comparing anime game card effect to anime game card effect, I'm comparing anime game card effect to anime outside the card game. The Knight hasn't even been outside of that but Obelisk has without the effects altogether.

Where does this "other Obelisk" idea come from anyway? The entire reason the Egyptian God cards have their powers is that they are imbued with the power of the Egyptian Gods to begin with.

That would sound kind of NLFish. Plus I don't see why a normal card would become stronger than the actual monster it represents just by being amped by them.

The entirety of the card's power comes from Obelisk, and even then, it normally has even less power when its not handled by one who is the duel king (Ironically enough, we would discover this is Yugi not Atem, just a small thing I realized.)

Erm...No.

Obelisk effect is still consistent and backe duo by season 4 and PoL (both the movie and the novel)

And, DM is amplified by Dark Magic from the nilleniuk items. So, i dont see how DM cannot be stronger than the "original" versions.

@Mega "I'm not comparing anime game card effect to anime game card effect, I'm comparing anime game card effect to anime outside the card game." The only time Obelisk was outside a card game was in Season 5, which completely lacked any of his abilities.

A- I'm pretty sure it only makes them come to life, I don't remember them being amplified? B- The Egyptian God cards still have their ability descriptions without Millenium Items, so IDK where you are getting that.

Becuase the DM version of Obelisk is clearly superior to its Vs Battles Profile counterpart.

I still think the DM veesion having the Infinite Obelisk sacrifice effect is valid because of two reasons.

1.-We never saw Sacrifice Obelisk against Zorc in Season 5. 2.-Sacrifice Obelisk is consistent in the Anime verse.

....I'm not comparing DM Obelisk vs VS Battles Profile Obelisk?

1. That's the issue, Yugi had several chances for infinite Obelisk but never could. 2. Well yeah, in the anime card game, we don't see it outside a cardgame in the anime.

Yeah if we're going to be disingenuous and pretend none of what I just said happened.

I'll just ask this because idk if it was answered already.

How does Infinite Attack points, if given the benefit of a doubt, mean even 3-A Attack Potency?

Because they have shown time and time again to be able to hurt people irl and both oyramid of Light novel and Season 4 show Monsters.being able to use its effects irl and to directly hurt others.

Its pretty clear cut High 3-A. But, hey, we know you disagree.

That doesn't really answer my question though. What does hurting people IRL and using their effects in RL, if true, have anything to do with any tier? Let alone High 3-A?

It does, and pretty clearly.

But hey, i knew youd just ignore that, so...yeah. I mean, this will just be like last time, so...wathever dude.

I still don't see how it's clear. Hurting other people doesn't mean High 3-A or any tier at all, besides 10-A which the god cards are very much beyond.

well since you guys are on a dead argument can I finally get to my "why are these people 9-C" thing I've been waiting on months for now

I'm not really on a dead argument, just asking a question honestly.

Because I legitimately don't understand how harming people is a tier justification period. Unless this was answered but I never saw it?

Not really a dead argument, its just that these two will literally repeat the same thing over and over until one, i give up and let them ignore the upgrades, two, report us until we are deemed to be socks or misbeheaving or three, the thread is closed before they can even reply.

Seriously, both the anime and manga upgrades are valid and consistent. Yet, you manage to continue this argument over and over

And, High 3-A Obelisk is consistent with the animeverse, where DM can hurt people.

Can we please not start this again? All im doing is asking a question that hasnt been answered yet and would like for it to be answered. That is all.

Theres no need to be like this.

Because I legitimately don't understand how harming people is a tier justification period. Unless this was answered but I never saw it?

in the Pyramid of Light novel, Shining Dragon`s effect is destroying itself and then destroying whathever Yugi choses, this was used in real life, against Anubis as a Monster.

The AP scales to the only two somewhat impresive and consistent monsters in Yugi´s deck:

Sacrifice Obelisk (Infinite attack both in DM and stated to have this amount of energy) and knight of destiny. (Who surpassed 3D Infinity against Divine Serpent.)

This scales to Yugi and Kaiba and all dueslists as long they are on a Dark Game, which only Millenium Item users can create.

In Season 4, there are multiple instances where DM attacks and effects are used to cuase actual real life damage to the opponent or the enviorement.

Outside of Season 4 and Pyramid of Light, Season 3 has Joey resisting Ra´s attack because of DM rules, which would make all Duelist Durabilities AT LEAST Planet Level based on the Ancient Egypt Ra, but because of DM Rules, most Duelists have a kind of relative durability to watheer they are facing.

So, if i could get my way, id say the most reasonable tiering for the DM ruleset is-

AP- around High 6-A with Stone Warrior because he destroyed a moon, High 3-A with Sacrifice Obelisk, and either At least High 3-A or Low 2-C for KoD.

Okay. So from what im getting from that, your saying because Sacrifice Obelisk with Infinite ATK points (which I still never got an answer to how this suddenly means 3-A) and Knight of Destiny (IIRC, surpassing a 3-D dimension isnt a tiering feat) can be destroyed by the effect of Shining Dragon (how is this power and not hax though?) means 3-A - Low 2-C?

Shining Dragon shows that EFFECTS can be used irl. Which would scale to KoD and Obelisk's effects, which put them at those tiers.

Aka. Obelisk in base is 5-A or something because scaling from ra nd slifer but then its power os raised to infinite by using its effect.

And, i think beating a legit Infinite 3D being does put you at High 3-A

Back