• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu (The Boxer) vs Hobin Yoo

Random encounter. Takes place in the middle of the street, also both start 5 meters away.

Speed Equalized
Bloodlusted
3rd key used for Yu

Yu:

Hobin Yoo:

inconclusive:

Didn't Yu like, incon Daniel, who's laughably above Hobin?

From what I recall of How to Fight (Albeit I eventually stopped to wait for chapters to accumulate), I see absolutely nothing stopping Yu from fodderizing Hobin.

Well, first off, what's Hobin's AP?
Couldn't find any AP values even after checking multiple profiles, but it states he blocked taehoon's kick, which can destroy a sandbag, which is 151 kilojoules. However, according to the scan, the damage done to the sandbag looks to be higher than a punch, so it's probably quite a bit higher than 151 Kilojoules.

We'll assume Yu has the AP advantage, then, because he scales to that exact feat but with an immense scaling chain.

That being said... Yu has extremely layered Analytical Prediction that can fodderize people who can predict an entire fight dozens of moves ahead.

I read Viral Hit and Hobin has nothing even remotely comparable to this. He gets skill-stomped severely.

That being said... Yu has extremely layered Analytical Prediction that can fodderize people who can predict an entire fight dozens of moves ahead.

I read Viral Hit and Hobin has nothing even remotely comparable to this. He gets skill-stomped severely.
I meant to add that hobin has prep, but I forgot so too late for that. Anyways, hobin is trained by samdak. Arguably the best artist in the verse. Hobin is a mixed martial artist with a much wider skillset and techniques. I wanna know how Yu could counter grappling and dirty street fighting (which he has no experience in)

Anyways, since when did Yu have analytical prediction like that? Can you send scans.

I meant to add that hobin has prep, but I forgot so too late for that. Anyways, hobin is trained by samdak. Arguably the best artist in the verse. Hobin is a mixed martial artist with a much wider skillset and techniques. I wanna know how Yu could counter grappling and dirty street fighting (which he has no experience in)
He'd just dodge with his vastly higher reaction speed and vastly better analytical prediction. You don't necessarily need experience to counter it when you already know what's going to happen.
Anyways, since when did Yu have analytical prediction like that? Can you send scans.
I'm not gonna gather every single scan but I can link the CRT where it was accepted.

Hobin is a good fighter and all, but his Analytical prediction is mostly based on experience that comes from understanding the martial arts his opponent uses and it's shortcomings (wich mostly relies on a lack of experience from his opponent in a real battle setting, as shown by Seongjun)
Yu is a once in a century genius who even before training had such an immaculate fighting style that even K, one of the best boxing coaches in the world decided he had nothing to teach him technique wise and forbid Yu from watching boxing matches so he wouldn't borrow things from them even subconsciously. And that's not even considering stuff like him perceiving Hobin in slow mo.

Yu outclasses hobin in almost every single aspect of fighting with the exception of Hobin knowing way more martial arts wich Yu has 0 experience against, but even then Yu could copy anything thrown at him. Even if Hobin was given prep to try and get the jump on him or prepare tricks he simply has no way of beating a guy who's technique alone makes him superior to world champions.

I'm surprised this lasted this much replies without someone saying it's a stomp. Nvm I see Rikk

Anyway Hobin absolutely dies. I should probably finish updating this verse

Back