• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Young Kratos vs Old Kratos

The biggest problem for Young Kratos is that Old Kratos knows everything that he can do while Young Kratos doesn't.

So, while Young Kratos has the more potent set of hax, Old Kratos knows what he needs to watch out for.

Will that help though? OldK still doesn't really have any counters aside from just dodging. Pretty sure YoungK hax stomps. To be fair, I haven't played GOW 3.

@Apies

With just his GOW 3 equipment, Kratos' most potent thing is the soul hax with the Claws of Hades, IIRC.

Old Kratos not only can just dodge attacks, he can bring up force fields to protect himself. Also, what would stop Kratos from just tying up the claws with his Blades of Chaos, like he did when he actually fought Hades? That adds onto the fact that Old Kratos slows down time when he aims, giving him a better chance to intercept the claws.

Unless I'm missing something I see it like this:

Young Kratos could end this quickly but he's dealing with a guy who knows his moves and powers while his Older self has abilities that he's unaware of.

If the fight is allowed to drag, things will tip in Old Kratos' favor has he has several different ways of healing himself, some of which include healing off the damage that he inflicts onto his enemies. God forbid Old Kratos gets a few moments to himself and is allowed to just regen most of his damage away with some concentration.

Old Kratos can also slow down time, inflict burning or freezing status effects and boosts his stats.

I'd say that Young Kratos with his current gear has more potent offensive abilities by pure power and effect but Old Kratos has more defensive and supplementry versatility on top of his knowledge of his younger self.

I'm thinking young Kratos for a BIG AP and Dura advantage as well as far greater hax (granted Norse Kratos has a good deal more experience and can debug his for or buff himself)

It was stated by the director (Cory Barlog) that the new Kratos is a rusty version of himself. Skill-wise he's maybe only 60-70% of what he was in G.o.W 3. So, in this fight Younger Kratos would have more skill while the older Kratos is Rusty with his old ways. Not only that but younger Kratos has OP as **** weapons to help him bring down the current Kratos.

I believe Odin or Thor will actually kill Kratos, sending him to Helheim which makes us fight an illusion of Zeus or Fear Kratos. Besides, the second GoW should probably have Kratos "killed" and Thor was revealed, he should be the equivalent of Zeus in the next game (Lightning gods, Mjolnir=BoO)

I always imagined Thor would be like the Terminator to Kratos and a sign of what he could have been if he was still God of War, someone who'll never stop in his rage and vengeance, eventually beating Kratos to death in front of Atreus (Or in a better version him and Kratos have a three way fight with the Serpent that ends up killing the Snake but Kratos stabs Thor in the throat with the Serpent's fang torn out it's socket before he dies)

I'd also imagine that we wold go to Helheim (Potentially to bust out Fenrir) and we have a sequence where we see more of Kratos' past for Atreus (Alternatively it could be Athena since we don't know how she fits in this story)

OG Kratos for more and frankly better equipment, and better durability. OG Kratos also has better endurance. It's stated that after the first boss fight Old Man Kratos is slow to get up, and clearly is not in his golden years. OG Kratos would simply last longer in a fight.

OG Kratos would also stomp Baldur as well.

GoW3 Kratos wins, easily. The Blades of Chaos were already said to be way stronger than the Leviathan Axe, and Old Kratos is a restrained\weaker version, per multiple sources.

I personally have Old Kratos on Ares's level.

Kepekley23 said:
GoW3 Kratos wins, easily. The Blades of Chaos were already said to be way stronger than the Leviathan Axe, and Old Kratos is a restrained\weaker version, per multiple sources.
I personally have Old Kratos on Ares's level.
For God Of War 1 Kratos yes.

Well, by statements Old Kratos by himself is already as strong as Thor. And the Blades of Chaos are stronger than Mjolnir.

Kratos (GoW3) stomps, via "Power of Youth" - Might Guy, and OKratos is confirmed weaker. Hence why this should be closed and never opened untill further information.

>people come here and spam "Young Kratos would stomp"

>yeet out and don't leave any reasoning as to why

Paris Tuileries Garden Facepalm statue

That said I feel like people are really underestimating how much having prior knowledge and experience helps here. Old Kratos would, as many have said, know exactly what to watch out for in his young self, and wouldn't be surprised by anything thrown at him.

Meanwhile, Young Kratos has no clue about anything in Old Kratos' arsenal and how to work around and counter it.

Physical Strength won't win the fight alone, tbh.

Back