• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

YOU. YES, YOU

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
THIS POST IS IN "FUN AND GAMES" BUT THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS AND PRESSING MATTER

HAVE YOU WATCHED THE NINTENDO DIRECT

HAVE YOU PERHAPS SEEN THIS TRAILER FOR A REMAKE OF AN OLD RPG YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF

IF NOT, DO SO

IF YES, YOU MAY NOT REALIZE IT BUT THIS IS THE CHANCE OF A LIFETIME

THE CHANCE FOR YOU TO PLAY THE ONLY GOOD RPG EVER MADE, POSSIBLY THE ONLY GOOD VIDEOGAME EVER MADE

FOR YOU SEE LIVE A LIVE IS NOT A CLICHED, UNINSPIRED SEQUEL TO A LONG-RUNNING, DRY FRANCHISE THAT'S RAN OUT OF IDEAS LONG AGO AND NOW JUST RELIES ON TIRED TROPES. IT'S A COMPLETELY UNIQUE CONCEPT WHICH SEES VARIOUS CHARACTERS IN VARIOUS TIME PERIODS ALL FOLLOWING THEIR OWN ADVENTURES BEFORE ALL THE PLOT THREADS ARE BROUGHT TOGETHER IN A BEAUTIFUL MANNER THAT SIMULTANEOUSLY DECONSTRUCTS AND HOMAGES THE TYPICAL RPG PLOT

LIVE A LIVE IS A GAME BORN OF TRUE CREATIVITY AND PASSION, A BEAUTIFUL GEM THAT IS ENTERTAINING AND UNIQUE IN EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF ITS RUNTIME BORN OF THE TIME WHERE RPGS WERE FRESH AND NEW AND THERE WAS STILL SO MUCH TO EXPLORE, AND EXPLORE DO THEY.

ALSO THIS WAS YOKO SHIMOMURA'S FIRST WORK WITH RPGS, YOU MAY KNOW HER AS THE COMPOSER OF KINGDOM HEARTS AND MARIO & LUIGI AND SHE BRINGS HER A GAME HERE, BANGERS ALL AROUND, THE BOSS THEME IS CALLED MEGALOMANIA, AND IF YOU THOUGHT I SAID MEGALOVANIA, WELL I ******* DID

AND IT'S INCREDIBLY UNDERAPPRECIATED, BECAUSE IT HAD MEDIOCRE GRAPHICS AND EVEN BACK THEN GAMERS WERE STUPID ENOUGH TO THINK THAT MATTERED

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IT HAS EVER BEEN OFFICIALLY TRANSLATED, WHICH MARKS A GREAT POINT IN HISTORY BECAUSE UPON ITS REVEAL ROLE-PLAYING GAMES BRIEFLY BECAME GOOD AGAIN, THEN THE XENOBLADE TRAILER CAME OUT AND KILLED THEM AGAIN i don't actually have that much beef with xenoblade i just needed something to pick on

THERE WOULD BE NO CHRONO TRIGGER WITHOUT LIVE A LIVE

THERE WOULD BE NO UNDERTALE WITHOUT LIVE A LIVE

THERE WOULD BE NO FINAL FANTASY VI WITHOUT LIVE A LIVE

THERE WOULD BE NO OCTOPATH TRAVELER WITHOUT LIVE A LIVE I RAN OUT OF ACTUALLY IMPORTANT GAMES SORRY

I DON'T CARE IF YOU PLAY A FAN TRANSLATION OF THE ORIGINAL, WHICH I HAVE MULTIPLE TIMES AND IT'S GREAT, OR WAIT FOR THE REMAKE, JUST DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND PLAY LIVE A LIVE

WHY AM I DOING THIS i dunno actually i realized it was kinda stupid halfway through but seriously it's a great game i highly recommend it

Last edited:
bro im just here for call of shooty, what's an rpgee

my-life-is-like-a-videogame-soyjack.gif

OKAY, HOLD UP.

SO WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME IS, THAT EARTHMOTHER 3: BREATH OF THE THOUSAND YEAR DOOR, MYSTERY DARK DUNGEON SOULS NOCTURNE, BEING RE-RELEASED FOR THE SWITCH SERIES X 4: SHIDDING TONITE EDITION WILL ALSO FEATURE DANTE FROM THE DEVIL MAY CRY SERIEStm AND A NEW EXPANSION, CALLED ENDWALKER? ALL FOR THE LOW, LOW PRICE OF <Insert ridiculously high price for a game that's probably two decades older than you>? THAT'S A STEAL!!

Nah that's perfectly fine. Unless it's related to Homestuck in any way in which case it's really weird and stupid and you're probably very ugly and smell funny

I thought it was that one skylander enemy you made the user name
It was. That and Plants vs Zombies having a similarly named thing. But since I haven't played either game in half a decade I gotta rework my identity you know

Yeah you're on a spaceship with a lot of guys and one of them is an imposter, you can even get ejected at one point

IT'S OUT

PLAY IT
PLAY IT
PLAY IT
GO ******* PLAY IT

Back