• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I saw a thread from 5 years ago about Yhwach vs Midora. Im curious if midora actually can beat yhwach as of now or not? I saw some people saying that midoras neuron, minority world, and food luck can counter yhwach, but im not sure. What do yall think?

Things have really changed for bleach over the years. Like dramatically.

5 years ago we didn't accept soul crush as durability negation against people of similar or stronger strength (At some point it wasn't even taken seriously as a power, and it also wasn't considered a passive), didn't treat Almighty as a passive (So genjutsuing him before he used it was a legit wincon that would make him lose against sharingan users), and whether or not Almighty would even be effective against people stronger than him was up in the air as far as 2016-2017 vs battle wiki was concerned.

You could legit argue Yhwach loses to Kaguya and Madara back then.

Edit:

And a lot of other communities treat bleach the same way as we used to, to be fair. Most still, to this day, don't take soul crush seriously against comparable opponents and don't treat almighty as passive. The ones that do are communities like ours with a lot of hardcore bleach fans.

Last edited:

5 years ago we didn't accept soul crush as durability negation against people of similar or stronger strength (At some point it wasn't even taken seriously as a power, and it also wasn't considered a passive), didn't treat Almighty as a passive (So genjutsuing him before he used it was a legit wincon that would make him lose against sharingan users), and whether or not Almighty would even be effective against people stronger than him was up in the air as far as 2016-2017 vs battle wiki was concerned.

Edit:

And a lot of other communities treat bleach the same way as we used to, to be fair. Most still, to this day, don't take soul crush seriously against comparable opponents and don't treat almighty as passive. The ones that do are communities like ours with a lot of hardcore bleach fans.

I'm an OG bleach supporter of this site (fell off from the forum during recent years), and lemme clear things up:

1.) Having the same stats for soul crush is not sufficient because that's now how RC works, it's a matter of having sufficient soul manip resistance.

In a crossverse sense it would be enough yeah since a vs thread would actually require a fighting chance for both sides.

You can compare it to the entire thing with "Can they even see (insert bleach character here)??". To actually interact with certain bleach characters, you need spiritual awareness. It's not enough that you have the same AP.

That's why the wiki just assumes combatants can see bleach characters and threads have the option to turn for "No RC". It's a technicality but it is an actual valid thing.

2.) Almighty is not passive nor was it ever treated as such throughout bleach and VSB wiki days idk where you got that. It only seems that way due to the mechanics of the ability.

3.) I've been in the wiki since bleach was still serializing and never did i encounter an era where it was a valid thing that genjutsu users, kaguya or madara can beat yhwach in this forum. I also dunno where you got that from.

I’m not arguing for or against anything I said about past vsb, particularly when talking about SC. I thought that was clear. There's some other stuff I could reply to, but honestly, I have better things to do.
Wasn't arguing against you, I mentioned that I wanted to clear things up.

Then don't reply. You mentioning you could but then saying you don't want to defeats the purpose of your intent.

Edit:

It doesn't matter how bleach was accepeted back then, what matters, is if you truly believe such absurd things now.

Wasn't arguing against you, I mentioned that I wanted to clear things up.

Then don't reply. You mentioning you could but then saying you don't want to defeats the purpose of your intent.

Okay fine, I'll fully respond. Now I got time.

I'm an OG bleach supporter of this site (fell off from the forum during recent years), and lemme clear things up:

1.) Having the same stats for soul crush is not sufficient because that's now how RC works, it's a matter of having sufficient soul manip resistance.

1) There's nothing to clear up here. I'm talking about what could be argued 5-6 years ago, not whether or not it was valid, or true, or the right way to go about things. Go back and look at those pages, none of what you said here was listed or suggested on any of the pages at the time. even Aizen's page only said "Immense Spiritual Pressure (Able to subdue Grimmjow, can disintegrate weak beings just by simply being near him in post-Chrysalis forms)" and he was like one of the only people with it listed in P&A. It being durability negating soul manipulation was up to your interpretation and situational at the time; and going as far back as 2016-2017, nobody took it seriously. Heck, Aizen didn't even have Soul Manipulation listed as P&A on his page until mid 2018.

So; going back to my sharingan user's defeating Yhwach before he used Almighty comment, I was just talking about that being a win condition that Naruto fans at the time could, and sometimes did argue. Now... I don't think there was ever a time a Naruto character actually won a versus battle like that outside of maybe bloodlusted ones, so even at the time it was considered a fringe idea. The point is that nowadays, no one would even attempt to argue that. They'd be meme'd off the thread.
It doesn't matter how bleach was accepeted back then, what matters, is if you truly believe such absurd things now.
Well, the reason I brought it up was because the OP mentioned the original thread for this was 5 years ago; so being fair to the OP, it might have actually been considered a fair fight back then, and in some communities it might still be considered a fair fight. That was my point.

Last edited:
Back