• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yet Another Wiki Glitch...

Sera_EX

She Who Dabbles in Fiction
VS Battles
Retired
So apparently everyone has lost their avis, and some people cannot log back in. I have messaged the Vanguard about this but I am not sure if I will get a reply. Everyone can use this thread to detail their problems and concerns with this glitch.

Keep getting logged out. Avatar missing. Information (DoB, gender etc) reset. User settings reset (Source mode is no longer default editor).

I advise people to save anything on their profile page, in case it gets deleted.

I have a template so my user profile is safe.

First multiple people popped out of nowhere in chat. Second chat was frozen and now this. Avatar is missing as well and when I got to one page it takes a while to load than usual.

Keeps logging me off, avi gone, sometimes the page wont even refresh and comments on threads get deleted.

I just tried to post and it failed. Well then, this is awkward. Hopefully our setting aren't erased, because I can't see them anymore.

Well this is annoying. Anyone know why this is happening or why you think it's happening?

It's probably best to just wait this out.

I'm having the same problem here; Although, I still see @Assaltwaffle and @-BANLK-'s avatars, but even most staff members seem to have blank avatars. This is quite annoying, but I'm aware that patience is important.

Everyone is back for me.

Well great, what am I supposed to do with all this source text I saved?!

I spoke too soon; I see almost everyone now. Including myself.

Not sure if it's related but i can't edit most things such as.

My own profile and Non battle (Verses?) threads

I also can't make new pages.

In all cases the editor simply refuses to load

I don't think it's over. Don't get your hopes up guys.

This was what happened to me a few days ago, couldn't log in for some time and can't comment. Also although I can see everyone's avatars on this thread, the chat are literally filled with ghosts.

Okay so get this:

When I log in to vsbattles on Firefox, my avatar is blank and I cannot see recent wiki activity at all. But when I log in on Chrome or Opera, everything is fine (can see avatar and recent wiki activity). Logged out on Firefox, shut the browser down, started browser back up, logged in again, problems are gone now and everything is working.

The editor is working for me but there's a bug with previews before publishing. You have to make three attempts to see previews before publishing. First two attempts show blank previews but on the third, everything is there. There are also some bugs with the visual editor and some people say the source editor doesn't pop up even though they set it as default. I recommend keeping visual editor as default for now and later switching to source by selecting said option in the menu. This method works fine for me.

All of these problems are to be expected on a large community such as this. I guess we have to be patient and wait for them to be resolved. When things get really out of hand and problems persist for days, then I suppose we can worry.

Just to be safe, I'm going to later keep a copy of the template for my profile as @Krukov suggested up there.

If it hasn't been fixed for you yet, just try not to make any major edits to you user profiles across Wikia. For now however, it looks clear, but if you guys are still having issues, please post so in this thread.

I have received a reply:

"Hey Antvasima,

Thank you for sending in your report. Apologies - we had some site stability issues last night which have since been resolved. Please do let us know if you're still seeing any problems!"

Back