• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yamcha is far stronger than you think

ElixirBlue said:
Yeah I made sure to do some cursory googling before my repsponse. I am aware that she was consulted, however, I haven't seen anywhere indicating that she was directly responsible for certain things added to the movies, nor that she explicitly signed off on certain content.
If that's the case, do you have anything explicit saying Toriyama signed off with Yamcha in said filler?

I don't really need to show Toriyama explicitly signing off on every single piece of DBZ, considering he was not the owner of DBZ. All I need to show is that Toriyama, the progenitor of the manga, considers the anime part of the story of Dragonball, that he had many contributions to the anime exclusive pieces, and that Shuesha, who owns Dragonball, employed him for the purposes of creating content for DBZ.

AwkguyDB said:
you know thats actually a good point.
Saying "Toriyama didn't write it", then saying or implying "it doesn't matter what Toriyama said", is a pretty clear example of cognitive dissonance.

I get the idea of manga purists, but there is all of this contention about canon when the creator of the story himself has already given us the answer, and there is a solid interpretation of canon that can clearly contain what is the canon of Dragonball.

Assuming we get a "Toeiverse Yamcha" page, does Yamcha have any anti-feats to justify his Olibu feat as an outlier?

Currently how we handle DB profiles is

• Manga + DBS Anime + Canonized Kai scenes
  • Manga + DBS Manga
  • Original DB Anime + DBZ Anime + Specials + Original Toei Movies + GT
  • Whatever horrifying mess that is our DBH and video game profiles are
Its not really about if filler is canon or not, its that due to how our profiles are structured we don't use anime only scenes to justify most profiles.

Qawsedf234 said:
Currently how we handle DB profiles is
  • Manga + DBS Anime + Canonized Kai scenes
  • Manga + DBS Manga
  • Original DB Anime + DBZ Anime + Specials + Original Toei Movies + GT
  • Whatever horrifying mess that is our DBH and video game profiles are
Its not really about if filler is canon or not, its that due to how our profiles are structured we don't use anime only scenes to justify most profiles.
That's very helpful. So when you indicate the "+" symbols, my guess is that you are suggesting a feat would only be under the "Manga + DBS anime + 'Canonized Kai scenes'" if it appeared in each of those mediums?

As for the Otherworld content, because of the reasons DBZ is canon with the manga, there are reasons to suggest that the events of the DBZ Otherworld tournament did in fact happen within the manga canon despite not being shown. So the Yamcha feat could be supported by a Manga + DBZ profile at least.

Nothing implies, at least as far as I know, that anything about the Otherworld Tournament arc is canon.

Back