• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
And what ploy would you suggest? An escape? A body double? You see him in the car and you don’t see him get out. It’s weird I’ll give you that, but because he initially wasn’t meant to survive, he ended up in that blast, so when he did survive, it became a feat that was ironically never meant to happen. They didn’t really retcon it all the way back to the blast itself, just it’s consequences
I really want the calc to stay, but what sense would it make for a man who's trying to fake his death to actually stay inside the explosion?

Until we find more feats, that explosion is the highest rated calc we have, and Mr. McMahon, who isn't even a full-time and active wrestler, survived it. The more logical explanation is that it was just taped or something. Otherwise, if we do take the feat at face-value, it stands as an outlier.

Those are my two cents, and again I hope there's a legitimate reason to keep the feat.

I really want the calc to stay, but what sense would it make for a man who's trying to fake his death to actually stay inside the explosion?

Until we find more feats, that explosion is the highest rated calc we have, and Mr. McMahon, who isn't even a full-time and active wrestler, survived it. The more logical explanation is that it was just taped or something. Otherwise, if we do take the feat at face-value, it stands as an outlier.

Those are my two cents, and again I hope there's a legitimate reason to keep the feat.
I don't really see the feat as an outlier, but I concede on the point of Vince faking his death. It wouldn't make sense for him to tank the explosion to fake his death.

Luckily for us, there's quite a few explosion feats in the verse that wrestlers survived. Let me just find some right quick.

And what ploy would you suggest? An escape? A body double? You see him in the car and you don’t see him get out.
He just got out of the car on the side, where the camera simply didn't film, and if you look closely, Vince tucks in his leg but then he pops out weirdly, it's just a fake foot or something, Vince comes out before. Otherwise, how would the real Vince have survived the explosion? It's obvious that the Vince in kayfabe just did the same thing as the off-kayfabe Vince to fake his death. In the storyline he just faked his death, like the real Vince, that's the explanation, he didn't tank a car explosion either way.

He just got out of the car on the side, where the camera simply didn't film, and if you look closely, Vince tucks in his leg but then he pops out weirdly, it's just a fake foot or something, Vince comes out before. Otherwise, how would the real Vince have survived the explosion? It's obvious that the Vince in kayfabe just did the same thing as the off-kayfabe Vince to fake his death. In the storyline he just faked his death, like the real Vince, that's the explanation, he didn't tank a car explosion either way.
I think you got it a little messed up here.

The original storyline was for Vince to "die", which would mean he'd tank the explosion. Of course Vince shouldn't be inside of the car, otherwise he'd actually would die for real. WWE's job is to make sure the wrestlers are as safe as possible. For example, the walls wrestlers go through are drywall, but it shouldn't actually be considered drywall, and considered real wood, as if it was real wood, they would get seriously injured. Why would the plan be for Vince to be in the car and actually tank the explosion? He would legitimately die.

The original plan was for him to actually tank the explosion and "die", so your point doesn't make sense here.

The original storyline was for Vince to "die", which would mean he'd tank the explosion.
Which would mean he wouldn't have tanked the explosion. The original plan was for him to die to get him off TV, and the tributes that were done prove he was really dead (in kayfabe).

Of course Vince shouldn't be inside of the car, otherwise he'd actually would die for real. WWE's job is to make sure the wrestlers are as safe as possible. For example, the walls wrestlers go through are drywall, but it shouldn't actually be considered drywall, and considered real wood, as if it was real wood, they would get seriously injured.
But I know that perfectly well. I answered Pikaman who asked how Vince in the kayfabe could have faked his death if he hadn't tanked the explosion, telling him that it was with the same way as Vince that he faked it outside of kayfabe

The original plan was for him to actually tank the explosion and "die", so your point doesn't make sense here.
Yes, that's what I said

Which would mean he wouldn't have tanked the explosion. The original plan was for him to die to get him off TV, and the tributes that were done prove he was really dead (in kayfabe).
Yeah, exactly. The point you said was that Vince never tanked the explosion no matter how you look at it, which I disagreed with.

But I know that perfectly well. I answered Pikaman who asked how Vince in the kayfabe could have faked his death if he hadn't tanked the explosion, telling him that it was with the same way as Vince that he faked it outside of kayfabe
He faked because he would obviously die if he tanked it, but the whole story was that he tanked it and died, which is why we used the feat for the verse. You said Vince didn't tank it no matter how you look at it, which was where you were wrong. In kayfabe originally, he tanked the explosion and ended up dying.

Arguing over this doesn't matter anyways, as the feat is illegitimate now, which means that we have the scrap all of the matches that were made from the verse so far.

Ok, idk if anyone agrees with me at this point, but I wanna summarise why I think the McMahon feat is still legit

so originally:
Mr McMahon gets in the car

Car blows up with him in it

he dies

memorials etc.

stays dead

Then, the retcon happens

he dies he “dies”

memorials etc.

stays dead he reveals himself alive, having faked his death

stays dead Mr. McMahon lives

So you can see from the bold why I think the feat stands, it’s weird as hell and shouldn’t have happened, but they only retconned the consequences of him being in that blast, never his presence in it, which was never struck explicitly

Ok, idk if anyone agrees with me at this point, but I wanna summarise why I think the McMahon feat is still legit

so originally:

he dies

memorials etc.

stays dead

Then, the retcon happens

he dies he “dies”

memorials etc.

So you can see from the bold why I think the feat stands, it’s weird as hell and shouldn’t have happened, but they only retconned the consequences of him being in that blast, never his presence in it, which was never struck explicitly
It’s honestly the stupidest feat I’ve ever seen, and I get why people could view it as illegitimate, but imo it should stay

so originally:

he dies

memorials etc.

stays dead

Then, the retcon happens

he dies he “dies”

memorials etc.

The canon storyline was that he faked his death, so it wouldn't make sense for him to take the explosion if his plan was to fake his death.

The original storyline doesn't really play a factor here, as it was scrapped.

I don't really see how the feat is legitimate.

I'll make a thread on it right quick.

so originally:

he dies

memorials etc.

stays dead

Then, the retcon happens

he dies he “dies”

memorials etc.

No need to retcon his presence, because it's obvious he's never been in the car since the retcon, it just makes sense, it could be any other ploy like the real Vince did outside the storyline

The canon storyline was that he faked his death, so it wouldn't make sense for him to take the explosion if his plan was to fake his death.

The original storyline doesn't really play a factor here, as it was scrapped.

I don't really see how the feat is legitimate.

I'll make a thread on it right quick.
Yes, better take other less controversial and more legitimate feats

Back