• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Written Code for Making Profiles in Classic Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see...

==Powers and Stats==

'''[[Tiering System|Tier]]:'''

'''Name:'''

'''Origin:'''

'''Gender:'''

'''Age:'''

'''Classification:'''

'''Powers and Abilities:'''

'''[[Attack Potency]]:'''

'''[[Speed]]:'''

'''[[Lifting Strength]]:'''

'''[[Striking Strength]]:'''

'''[[Durability]]:'''

'''[[Stamina]]:'''

'''[[Range]]:'''

'''Standard Equipment:'''

'''[[Intelligence]]:'''

'''Weaknesses:'''

'''Notable Attacks/Techniques:'''

'''Key:'''

'''Note:'''

==Others==

'''Notable Victories:'''

'''Notable Losses:'''

'''Inconclusive Matches:'''

This is relevant to Standard Format for Character Profiles.

• When making profiles, use the format above when making a character profile.
  • Also, don't use VisualEditor to edit/make profiles; the coding literally becomes a mess if you do this, making it that much harder for the admins/content mods to properly fix said profile to the correct format.
  • Remove the spacing between "Others" and "Notable Victories" as well as "Powers and Stats" and "Tier" however.
I am going to add stuff here later, but it is extremely important for new users here to follow this.

I think it would be more useful if you just write the code in text form here. So they can just copy and paste into source editor.

Yeah, simply clicking "View Source" on the standard format and paste that into the source editor works just fine for me.

@Blue: I can't copy and past the code in text form because it will show up differently compared to what I have posted above.

For example, when I write the "Tier" in proper format/using the format above, this:

shows up.

Also, I don't think you can click "View Source" on the standard format page considering that only admins/content mods can view it.

What I would advise is to get a notepad, write down everything that is shown in the picture, and save it somewhere. That way you'll always know what the proper formatting is when making character profiles.

Should I do one for weapons profiles too?

NOTE: This is relevant for newer users only. I am sure all the staff members know how to do this by now.

Let's see...

==Powers and Stats==

'''[[Tiering System|Tier]]:'''

'''Name:'''

'''Origin:'''

'''Gender:'''

'''Age:'''

'''Classification:'''

'''Powers and Abilities:'''

'''[[Attack Potency]]:'''

'''[[Speed]]:'''

'''[[Lifting Strength]]:'''

'''[[Striking Strength]]:'''

'''[[Durability]]:'''

'''[[Stamina]]:'''

'''[[Range]]:'''

'''Standard Equipment:'''

'''[[Intelligence]]:'''

'''Weaknesses:'''

'''Notable Attacks/Techniques:'''

'''Note:'''

'''Key:'''

==Others==

'''Notable Victories:'''

'''Notable Losses:'''

'''Inconclusive Matches:'''

I hope this will do. Remove the spacing between "Others" and "Notable Victories" as well as "Powers and Stats" and "Tier" however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back