• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would using this statement be okay?

Currently in the calc used for Eggman's Death Egg Robot's weight, we pixel scale its height. However, both Sonic and Eggman's robot have stated heights.

THsa-0-Y3-Uw-R5-Q7-Tw-pk-Aio-tg-Ig-J-yc1-WTb6-CPz-Lm3z-Mqr-IRJb-FOQWOht4-E7f-QRa5631-Luy4-0-Sh-ZPMi-Hp-GK-qi-S-y-ZH-5-IM-XXZ.png

Sonic states he is 3 feet tall. Or about 91.44 centimeters. In the film, Eggman states this about the Death Egg Robot:
Robotnik: Ha, ha, ha, ha! Giving up already? Not so tough when you're fighting someone 700 times your size, are ya? You can't beat me! I'm all-powerful! All-knowing! All-seeing.
Eggman states his robot is 700x Sonic's own size. Which would make it 640.08 meters tall.

My question is if both are viable to use. I personally think it is perfectly fine to use. One is a verbatim stated size by the person themselves. The latter is a statement from Robotnik, who is a super genius, who has studied Sonic extensively, and was able to deduce his body structure from a mere footprint by running it through his computer. In addition, he is by this point powered by the Master Emerald, which as he stated has given him "All-knowing" knowledge. Thus it would seem logical to assume his statement of him being 700x larger has a basis. Especially given it's part of the former sentence.

I feel using these statements are more accurate than using the current pixel-scaling accepted for the blog, and I would like the opinion of others if they likewise find this acceptable.

Last edited:
The size should work unless it's "consistently" shown to be much larger or smaller than the stated value.
I prefer the pixel scaled ends since there's the bridge scene with sonic running near it and the scene with the sawed off head with robotnik on the middle platform. I think even then it refers to volume instead.

I prefer the pixel scaled ends since there's the bridge scene with sonic running near it and the scene with the sawed off head with robotnik on the middle platform. I think even then it refers to volume instead.
Why would it refer to volume? The volume looks like it'd easily be thousands of times greater than Sonic's given how small he is and how gargantuan Eggman's Death Egg Robot is. I feel it can only refer to height given he towers over him in said scene and was attempting to stomp on him IIRC.

That said, don't you think a statement regarding height would be safer than pixel-scaling?

Why would it refer to volume? The volume looks like it'd easily be thousands of times greater than Sonic's given how small he is and how gargantuan Eggman's Death Egg Robot is. I feel it can only refer to height given he towers over him in said scene and was attempting to stomp on him IIRC.

That said, don't you think a statement regarding height would be safer than pixel-scaling?
It is generalized to mean both though in common language, assuming he chose to precisely build the bot exactly that much proportional to sonic is a little dubious to take as fact and not hyperbole.

The calculation in the op already supports a couple thousand times his size going by 41,147.2455342 m^3 vs something like sonic being like a third an average human volume (.7 m^3 / 3 = 0.233 m^3). Account for the empty space of the mech and take off a half and its same order of magnitude for the empty space internally.

Using robotnik's height there for the head width there to compare to the mechs overall height, there's much hesitation that it is 700x his height just using the head part there, proportionally its not too hard to see why that'd be smaller from that shot at a glance?

Can't find the bridge scene since copyright but no, i think there's many shots that would contradict it, given what is used I think its more consistent to pixel scale.

Last edited:
It is generalized to mean both though in common language, assuming he chose to precisely build the bot exactly that much proportional to sonic is a little dubious to take as fact and not hyperbole.

The calculation in the op already supports a couple thousand times his size going by 41,147.2455342 m^3 vs something like sonic being like a third an average human volume (.7 m^3 / 3 = 0.233 m^3). Account for the empty space of the mech and take off a half and its same order of magnitude for the empty space internally.

Using robotnik's height there for the head width there to compare to the mechs overall height, there's much hesitation that it is 700x his height just using the head part there, proportionally its not too hard to see why that'd be smaller from that shot.

Can't find the bridge scene but no, i think there's many shots that would contradict it, given what is used I think its more consistent to pixel scale.

It can mean both, but given the context, height seems far more likely. And whether Eggman modeled the robot to be that big compared to Sonic or not is irrelevant. The assertion isn't that he built the robot to be 700x Sonic's size. But that he built the robot and it happened to be roughly 700x Sonic's size, which Eggman with his intellect and all-knowingness would be more than aware of. As for hyperbole, I don't really think so. Robotnik since the first film has been one to drop randomly specific trivia/facts typically during times of arrogance as opposed exaggerating things. A lot of his character is pertaining to how he's essentially obsessed with always being correct and making factually correct statements/assertions. This being an irrelevant detail/trivia shouldn't merit this being exaggeration as it's very in line with his sense of humor.

So it seems your concern is really just in regard to it being consistent with the visuals, which I think is fair. I can't see the picture you sent as of right now because mobile be like that. But bear in mind that the Death Egg Robot doesn't need to be consistently depicted as exactly the value detailed in the op. just roughly around that height. Or rather in the same ballpark. As height of characters is typically an inconsistent thing in general. I believe their also shots where the mech dwarves very tall trees to a point where I believe it'd very easily reach over a hundred meters. Ill have to look later I suppose.

Back