• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would this be a proper lightning feat?

Mr. Bambu said:
I mean... what? I thought this was about the Netflix series?
The arrow calc you linked above had the problem of outlierhood at the time. Has anything significantly changed in that time or...?
Nah, we're talking about the game. Netflix version of arrow swatting is a bit different.

Turns out, it's not an outlier and it's basically Geralt's most common feat of speed in Witcher Lore.

Why is the game Geralt being brought up here?

This is about Netflix Geralt.

Oh.

Well the thread should have Netflix Geralt as the topic.

At first I meant book Geralt, from The Last Wish. From what I've heard Netflix series are overall kinda based on TLW.

DarkGrath said:
To vastly simplify, all I'm really asking here is if (essentially) Attack Reflection would lead to a lightning bolt keeping the speed it had before.
It depend in how the verse itself treats its attack reflection; like even after the shape of the lightning was changed to an animal one or if it turned to another color after it was reflected, the author still notes that it has the same speed as a normal lightning.

What I can say is if there is no indication about such thing in this case or series, then it is something iffy and not very safe to assume it is the same speed after what happened in that scene.

Hm. I see.

The verse generally treats this kind of thing as being the case, though there probably aren't enough examples of it thus far. It's shown, for example, that she can absorb fire and then pour the fire out exactly the same in both potency and amount (just somewhere else). It's more like redirecting the energy source rather than simply gaining power from it.

Would a calc for this feat perhaps be appropriate for a "Possibly" speed rating?

Not quite what I meant; I meant that as an example of how Yennefer's attack reflection (for lack of better terminology) demonstrably depicts her shooting out energy the same way it was before, just redirecting it rather than changing it.

Thank you for the information. It would probably be a good idea to add a brief note about this to our Lightning Feats page.

This wikipedia article is about something too specific. It isn't worthy to put this in the page. It is not because a verse use a lightning ball, that the ball is created from a thunderstorm or some lightning bolt.

The characters is just just manipulating the element.

Okay. I would appreciate if somebody could ask DontTalkDT to comment here though, just to make sure.

I think M3X has a point here. The ball seen in Witcher is nothing like IRL ball lightning.

Yeah well ball lightning hasn't been accurately described in terms of appearance until 6 years ago and even then it looks nothing like the ones in Witcher.

Back