• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would the Dream SMP be allowed here?

The Dream SMP is a story told in Minecraft, however it is done by roleplay. It uses Minecraft as the medium to portray it's plot and characters.

Automatically, one may assume that since it is set in Minecraft, it isn't allowed here. I myself would be inclined to agree, however this doesn't seem to break it's chances.

Red Vs. Blue is also a story told completely (at least until later episodes) in the multi-player of a video game, the Halo series. From what I've gathered, this verse is allowed for a few reasons;

1. It has it's own characters and storyline with few references to Halo canon.

2. It has it's own original ideas and powers such as Church being able to possess people.

3. It merely uses Halo as a way to act out the narrative.

All of these resemble what the Dream SMP has. It has original characters (that share the same name of their player, yet have wildly different personalities), has it's own ideas and powers, and uses Minecraft and it's mechanics (such as TnT and discs) as an outlet to act out the narrative.

However, it's much more 'free' than Red Vs. Blue in the fact that it's streamed live rather than produced episode by episode, and many character interactions aren't scripted.

Just wanna hear other's thoughts on this verses chances.

Can someone explain WHY they belong in FC/OC? Both threads i've seen haven't said why they belong there. What does RvB have that DSMP doesn't?

Playing devil's advocate a bit, I too see problems with them being here on Vs.

Red Vs. Blue is also a story told completely (at least until later episodes) in the multi-player of a video game, the Halo series. From what I've gathered, this verse is allowed for a few reasons;
I think RvB is different in that it manages to grow out into its own little contained universe, also the fact that Bungie/343 acknowledges and even makes easter eggs about it probably helps as well. Dream SMP is also a roleplay by real people, while RvB has mostly original characters. RvB follows a more rigid episodic structure while Dream SMP could arguably just be a livestream of multiplayer roleplaying.

I agree with this. However, be notified that each character would scale as the Player from Minecraft, except they have unique abilities, i.e. Dream having social influencing.

Edit: nvm FC/OC is better FRA.

Back