• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worst Downplay

Harry Potter gets downplayed too depending on where you're debating at.

I've seen people say Voldemort would lose to GTA characters.

The terrarian's speed is low balled due to the stop watch (an item that is contradicted by everything else in the game).

I once heard someone mention that Godzilla destroying the Earth in "godzilla in hell" didn't count because... "the story was too weird and metaphysical"

Not even kidding.

Also, below human level Stormtroopers.

Jar Jar is 0 Tier though.

Also,

"Arceus is barely above City Level because he got hurt by a meteor and nearly killed by Molten Silver"

A little kid stomped Arceus and he nearly died to cement (I should add my friend tries to justify the cement part).

I can understand not knowing about the myriad of Tier 6 feats, but how can someone just straight up ignore/not notice blatant superhuman feats like Sapphire dispersing a cloud or Garnet punching down a mountain?

My friend says because the mountain was ice it must have been unstable and the feat doesn't count.

I bet the reason we have so many cloud feats is cause most writers don't realize how impressive they really are so they just put them there

Keeweed said:
My friend says because the mountain was ice it must have been unstable and the feat doesn't count.
But that's not how-oh to hell with it. That mountain was ice, and the writers have no sense of scale. Crystal Gems are barely superhuman, if that.

Now, what about the Crystal Gems tanking the destruction of the Moon Goddess Temple? Or Jasper, at the very least tanking a building sized explosion at the epicenter without much injury? Or Pearl defeating a city sized monster in one shot? Bah.

Js250476 said:
I bet the reason we have so many cloud feats is cause most writers don't realize how impressive they really are so they just put them there
They're very cinematic. What makes a fight scene more interesting to the eyes? A fitting or dramatic backdrop. It doesn't get more dramatic then a raging storm or more off-putting then a muted, blank cloudy sky.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Subsonic Thor and Silver Surfer. Muh Travel Speed.
That's easily one of the worst things on the wiki by far. Especially Surfer's speed. I cringe remembering it.

speaking of which

Everytime someone says Travel Speed = Reaction Speed

EDIT: I shouldve specified; by this i mean when it is used like this:

"Character A does not have FTL reactions because if they really were FTL they wouldve crossed the entirety of the planet multitudes of times in a second"

I'll quote some of the comments I've seen on the Deathbattle "Superman Vs Goku" and "Superman Vs Goku Debunk" videos.

"Dragon Ball only reached Light Speed with Dypso you idiot. they even say he's the first light-speed character."

"Dude shut up. Super Saiyan God is nowhere near universe level, that's hardcore wanking. Super Saiyan God is only Solar System level, Galaxy level MAX. Saitama is casually above that and has the force of half the big bang"

"Even if they're that strong with attack power, their durability is absolute crap. A fodder's lazer ring was able to almost kill a full-powered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta died to a planet level attack. Stop wanking"

"Superman is barely lightspeed let alone massively faster like you're suggesting. Goku in his higher forms casually stomp Dypso who is AT LEAST lightspeed, Superman isn't touching Ultra Instinct Goku."

Please proceed to either cringe or rage at these comments.

They are equal. Unless your travel speed is done through some external device that you have no control of (Which Mjolnir and the surfboard aren't), then it scales. You need to be able to tell where you are going, be able to react to potential things in your face, know when to break or halt or turn.

I have literally never seen a single depiction of Massively FTL+ interstellar flight be depicted in a way where it shows that the character is incapable of perceiving his surroundings or being unaware of where he is going.

Also human beings have combat and reaction speeds which are invariably much higher than travel speed. This dude here can kick at 136 mph. There's no reason to assume that characters which are human-looking bipeds which behave and function exactly like humans wouldn't share this trait.

And it is also absolutely illogical for the gap between Travel Speed and Reaction Speed in a being to be so gargantaum. People like to compare it to driving a vehicle, but it is MUCH harder to operate a Mach 3 military jet than driving a car at 100 MPH. At a certain level of speed our reactions become far too slow for us to be able to properly operate a vehicle.

Especially since Thor reacts to Mjolnir all the damn time so why the hell wouldn't it scale to his reactions?

Back