• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wolverine (Marvel) vs Alex Mercer (Prototype)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternatively alex can just do this to logan:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/308/122933-57763-adamantium.jpg

the explanation:
"As far as Hulk breaking Wolverine in half... (quick biology and metallurgy lesson here) Despite propaganda saying otherwise, Wolverine's skeleton is not completely coated with adamantium, if it were he couldn't move. Adamantium porously coats each bone individually (and it would have to be porous because blood and oxygen is required to get inside the bone to the marrow for a person to live). Also there is a malleable disc between each bone (especially in vertebrae in the spine) which allows freedom of movement along with joints and ligaments(which wouldn't be coated in adamantium if Wolverine hopes to do things like walk, stand, move in the slightest...).Now what Hulk did was indeed rip Logan apart, but it's most likely that Wolverine's spine separated at it's weakest point (the discs between each vertebra) and everything tore apart quite easily from there. So no, Hulk more than likely didn't break adamantium at all in this instance. Not to say that he couldn't if suitably pissed."

Not Jim Sterling said:
alternately alex can just do this to logan:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/308/122933-57763-adamantium.jpgthe explanation:
"As far as Hulk breaking Wolverine in half... (quick biology and metallurgy lesson here) Despite propaganda saying otherwise, Wolverine's skeleton is not completely coated with adamantium, if it were he couldn't move. Adamantium porously coats each bone individually (and it would have to be porous because blood and oxygen is required to get inside the bone to the marrow for a person to live). Also there is a malleable disc between each bone (especially in vertebrae in the spine) which allows freedom of movement along with joints and ligaments(which wouldn't be coated in adamantium if Wolverine hopes to do things like walk, stand, move in the slightest...).Now what Hulk did was indeed rip Logan apart, but it's most likely that Wolverine's spine separated at it's weakest point (the discs between each vertebra) and everything tore apart quite easily from there. So no, Hulk more than likely didn't break adamantium at all in this instance. Not to say that he couldn't if suitably pissed."
That right there is from the Ultimate universe. Ultimate Wolverine's Adamntium Skeleton is far weaker then Earth 616 Wolverine's.

Hulk and many other heavy hitters in the Earth 616 universe (the canon one) have in fact tried that method on Wolverine and failed.

Not Jim Sterling said:
then someone need to recreate all of alex vs Spider-Man,Venom,and Wolverine again but this time only use 8-C or 8-B alex.
That could be a good fight.

I wonder... Is Alex outclassed by Chaos in other thread?

Yamatohime said:
Not Jim Sterling said:
then someone need to recreate all of alex vs Spider-Man,Venom,and Wolverine again but this time only use 8-C or 8-B alex.
That could be a good fight.
I wonder... Is Alex outclassed by Chaos in other thread?

Well from what I see chaos is pretty much out stats and out hax even the strongest alex.

so i think i going to recreate all of the battle but in one match where prototype 1 alex will face each one of them in each round, is that was good enough?

Not Jim Sterling said:
so i think i going to recreate all of the battle but in one match where prototype 1 alex will face each one of them in each round, is that was good enough?
I think it's ok. Vote in other threads as well.

This one probably should be closed though.

No, the speed is still the same when Alex was victorious, also since someone is already added alex victory again so just ignore my promotion match

Isn't multi-posting in a row frowned upon here?

Either way it's not as if equal reaction speed would automatically mean one can match someone who is faster in most cases. And there's a limit to Alex's Regenerationn.

In that case kindly stop talking about it when current version is the one people want to discuss because it's settled that Previous version Alex beats Previous Version Loga. After all I'm not just going to try and change a verdict for the old versions of the characters when there's new feats/buffs for both.

Well in any case I like Alex more here but I still stand by the fact that both have shown superior stamina feats and despite matching in reactions while Wolverine takes the combat speed to match his issue with durability.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
In that case kindly stop talking about it when current version is the one people want to discuss because it's settled that Previous version Alex beats Previous Version Loga. After all I'm not just going to try and change a verdict for the old versions of the characters when there's new feats/buffs for both.
Well in any case I like Alex more here but I still stand by the fact that both have shown superior stamina feats and despite matching in reactions while Wolverine takes the combat speed to match his issue with durability.

Well If you want just create a rematch but using the current version.

I'm pretty sure Alex grabs Logan and thows him nearby a skyscraper or restrains him and proceeds to figure out multiple ways of torturing his ass. Simple as that.

The only thing Wolvie has going for him is his healing Factor and Adamantium Skeleton. In which will be overwhelmed in an instant with Alex's consumption.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11119/111191852/4775953-7440023219-34492.jpg

He doens't even have to take the skeleton with him. And with Wolverine somehow does survive he will be facing a trully unkillable Alex.

Other than, I don't see Wolverine holding his own by the slightest since he's outmatched in every category and only stalemating at healing.

Actually, Alex produces biomass just by being idle. His entire body is pure biomass, and his healing factor is the cell replication in his body. His biomass can't run out, otherwise he would disappear.

His healing factor never stops. It get slower as he loses biomass. However, a single consumption can temporarily advance his cell replication to extremely fast levels. For example, just by consuming a crow, he reformed completely in a few seconds/minutes after being blasted by a nuclear weapon in its epicenter. If he hadn't consumed the crow, it could take hours/days.

Alex can consume Logan. On the other hand, Loga doesn't have enough damage output to even hurt Alex. Unless he has a supernuke in his pocket.

If he could truly produce biomass by being idle either it's really slow and takes a long time, or there's a limit to it. Because if we scale his natural Regenerationn then there was no excuse for him not to be tankier than a country or more. That may mess with the conservation of mass, though you'll probably argue it's just fiction, but again Alex is very very far from that

It's more likely that he has a limit seeing as he ran out of biomass to regenrate against James Heller, who just kept attacking and never consumed till the end. Why else would Alex run out of biomass?

By the way stop editting the Alex Mercer bio. I gave a check on the game. The fuel air bomb you guys love to talk about being something he tanked? Just freaking fuel tanks. He ain't tanking mini nukes early

He didn't tank the epicenter of a nuke and was dying if not for the Supreme Hunter.

And he has a limit on his Regenerationn

It is slow and takes a long time, but the more biomass he has, the faster his cell replication is. That's how he was made. We can't discuss this.

When he fought James, his Regenerationn didn't stop, it was just extremely slow. He lost too much biomass throughout the battle and was incapable of regenerating his lost limbs completely, but the viral activity in his body after he lost his arms is proof that he was still slowly regenerating. Alex IS made of pure biomass. That means, if he loses all of his biomass he disappears. Seeing how fast his cell replication is, that ain't gonna happen.

He did survive in the epicenter. That nuke was massive. It was meant to wipe out Manhattan and was stated to be five times bigger than the one dropped on Hiroshima. Even dropped far away from the city and on the ocean, the nuke managed to damage part of Manhattan creating the Dead Zone. Alex would NEVER escape the epicenter of that blast in a helicopter. Though, i suppose it is true what you said about the Supreme Hunter.

His healing factor is potentially infinite. The only limit in his Regenerationn is the healing speed.

About the bio, though i believe this should not be discussed here, there were many inconsistent edits. You're adding weaknesses the character does not possess, deleting important information and adding some false details. And if i recall correctly(since i'm new here) is that the edits must be accepted by the others contributors. So, if you truly wish to change something that others do not agree, instead of forcing your vision and saying "stop editing" i would suggest you to start a reserved thread to discuss a detailed revision for Alex's stats if you have evidence of what you're stating. It would be much better than starting an edit war.

So Mitosis with higher level or something like that.

What viral activity? His Empowered form vanishing and him trying to regenerate but his arms only developing bones? There's nothing regenerating. He has bones on his arm stumps. Isn't that contradictory with your statement?

Okay, just cite your sources will you? Whether or not it's huge or not, he still almost escaped it. And what Dead Zone? It didn't even reach the city considering that's how Alex protected them. Just show me the articles and proof and I'll believe you. Really, it's just that simple. And again he still barely survived it.

Makes sense, but then wouldn't that be just overall healing? Which kinda leads to the statement healing isn't enough.

What, him having a limit on regenerating? Considering all the scenes we saw and the nuclear bomb being a threat to him, it seems likely. Check out the Alex vs Cole thread, lots of argument there that pretty much defined what level Alex and Cole are very extensively. By that I mean you'll have a lot to read up. I'll make a debate thread some other time, or better yet you can start it. Busy week and all.

By viral activity, i'm talking about his body appearance when he is, for example, shapeshifting. Tendrils appear on his body trying to repair/rebuild it. That happened for a brief moment before James consumed him. Those bones are like his clothes: Pure Biomass. Probably hardened to mantain his body structure. It would be contradictory for him to have bones after being reduced to a puddle.

About the nuke, that's when we call Dygoboy. Nobody knows more about Alex Mercer than him. Check out his Respect Thread on ComicVine. The Dead Zone appears in Prototype 2 and is completely inhospitable even for the infected. You can find it north to the Red Zone. If you try to approach it your character dies.

After his healing is slow enough, his opponent need to completely destroy his cells, and this is a hard task. He might not regenerate but still incapable of being killed by blades or bullets. The only ways to put down Alex for good probably are:

1. Reality Warping. - No real explanation needed.

2. Consumption. - His entire body must be consumed by another being. Exemples: James Heller, Elizabeth Greene, The Supreme Hunter or Alucard (Hellsing).

3. Complete incineration. - He must be destroyed completely down at a molecular level without time to regenerate. Beings who could do that include Superman, many characters from Naruto, most characters from Dragon Ball, many characters from The Elder Scrolls series and probably even Cyclops and Cole MacGrath.

Wolverine can't output this much damage. And Alex needs only a small touch to consume him. This could only possibly end in a draw if Logan is somehow capable of surviving simply with his adamantium skeleton alone (No brain).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back