• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wolf (Sekiro) vs Marauder (DOOM)

This is an interesting one, Wolf is only slightly below Demon and outclassed in Lifting Strength but has a way more versatile moveset available to him. That being said, Wolf has killed undead before in the form of Headless, but does Marauder have any way to get past Wolf's immortality?

Marauder have any way to get past Wolf's immortality?
He could only die twice no? I see in other threads with key having his immortality be a non factor anyways.

The Marauder can summon two 0.09 ton demons and one that is comparable in strength to him. Amp himself with quadruple damage and double his speed. I’m not really sure on the Wolf being completely more versatile here.

Wolf has more in his moveset plus blessed weaponry and different tools. He also has access to the Sugars for stats amp. He also has Phantom Kunai which can negate durability, alongside regular deathblows and Divine Confetti.
He could only die twice no? I see in other threads with key having his immortality be a non factor anyways.
I believe dying twice is simply a game mechanic, he can resurrect as much as he pleases. There's an ongoing revision thread about that. Also restricting abilities is alright, the victory just won't be added to their profiles.

He can’t ressurect from having his body completely gibbed no?
He's type 4 and 8, so I assume he comes back with another body when the Dragon's Heritage works its magic. I'm not familiar with how Sekiro's resurrection works in VSBattles terms so I'll wait for more knowledgeable Sekiro supporters to come in.

how does phantom Kunai Neg durability? How much do his amps amp him to?
The summoned butterflies break through guard, much like the Mortal Blade and Divine Confetti do in-game. Ungo's sugar amps his dura by 33% (in game terms at least), Ako's sugar amps his attack by 12.5%, Yashariku amps his attack by 25% and Posture Damage by 50% but halves his health, Gokan's sugar increases posture by 33%.

According to The Marauder's page, it says the summons has a cooldown of 30 Seconds

"the summon has a small cooldown. Haste/Armored has a 30-second cooldown"
Not sure if that changes anything.

the summon has a small cooldown.
I should’ve specified it was the Wolf summon. It’s cool down is much much smaller since even in the Campaign the Marauder can summon it in a consistent basis.
The summoned butterflies break through guard, much like the Mortal Blade and Divine Confetti do in-game.
I don’t think that would translate well to either the Demons or The Marauder. Keep in mind he has an 8-A shield that will just block out everything ranger attack he does and other the summons will also have to target other demons. The demons being able to just shoot out of the way anyways.

Those amps are useful,however it’s only less than double compared to the Marauder’s flat out 4x damage amp.

Pretty sure you can bypass Wolf's res via KO-ing or gibbing him considering he never got his arm back.

I'd wanna say Wolf if he's feeling overwhelmed could blind with firecrackers and then use a stealth sneak attack but I'm not voting atm

You don't block them they spark out in your field of vision from Wolf just doing a mere hand gesture tho, like nobody in Sekiro manages to block them iirc.

Wolf could probably sneak up on him after a lengthy period of no battle I guess, again not voting tho

I'd wanna say Wolf if he's feeling overwhelmed could blind with firecrackers and then use a stealth sneak attack but I'm not voting atm
Well if we're going out with sneak attack, shouldn't Wolf be able to use Divine Abduction and force the Demon to turn around? It doesn't abduct non-Senpou enemies but it still forces them to turn around for easy deathblow.

Marauder has type 2 with 1 instant mod-low heal. He could also just block it with his shield too.

It’s an open field. Where will Wolf sneak in?
Wolf can sneak deathblow in most open fields plus has limited invis with Gachiin's sugar. The title does say all optional equipment so I assume this also means the Mortal Blade, though not sure if that counts as early game though you can technically get it before Geni

Divine Abduction both Living Force and Golden Vortex isn't something you can simply block either unless his forcefield has resistance to special Air Manip. Living Force probably can be blocked but Golden Vortex explicitly catches you in a vortex that forces you to turn around.

Wolf can sneak deathblow in most open fields plus has limited invis with Gachiin's sugar. The title does say all optional equipment so I assume this also means the Mortal Blade, though not sure if that counts as early game though you can technically get it before Geni
Marauder is similar to marine. Being able to see invisible creatures such as Spectres. Same with the demon summons.

Fair on the Golden Vortex,but with that absurd lifting strength he should be able to hold his ground

Back