• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wolf (Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice) vs The Queenslayer (Code Vein)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Wolf (9-A key) vs The Queenslayer (At least 9-A key)

Takes place in a large field, several kilometres in radius.

Combatants are 20m apart.

Neither have any prior knowledge of eachother (no knowledge of the other's resurrection for either of them)

Queenslayer's Mistle is placed just outside of the battlefield. Wolf has a Sculptor's Idol, similarly, just outside of the battlefield.

Otherwise, SBA applies

Who will win?

The Cutest Little Puppy (Wolf):

Yet Another Anime Amnesiac (Queenslayer): 3 (XSOULOFCINDERX, Migue79, Beamgc)

0015Sekiro cropped
Fd4cbd7d5f1274e21c80aadc0455042a

Unfortunately, without the Mortal Blade, Wolf can't put the Queenslayer down. But the opposite is also true. Where is the Queenslayer's heart usually?

Well, in the centre of their body.

However, it should be specified that the heart really needs to be destroyed. Like, it's shown that a bad wound or even a full gunshot to the heart isn't enough. It needs to be very thoroughly destroyed to kill them.

The point of all the conditions I set up in the match was basically so that they could both only win through incapping, since it's difficult to make matches between Soulslike characters otherwise. Neither of them are exactly well suited to incapping, but it shouldn't be impossible for either of them as well, so I think it's still fair?

EDIT: Should be more exact about the "heart destruction" thing. The main method used to kill revenants for good shown is to reach inside them and physically crush their heart into their hand, usually using a large claw or something of the like. I can't remember any instances of death occurring from lesser injuries, and it seems like stabs/shots are insufficient.

Wolf regularly stabs the heart of his opponent more than once due to the Deathblow. He's very much used to having to stab Queenslayer's heart until it's completely destroyed.

Hm, yeah, that's fair. Again, neither of them have prior knowledge, so even if Wolf stabbed Queenslayer through the heart and saw them come back from the Mistle, he wouldn't know to just "stab him there some more". Even so, it's possible Wolf could actually kill Queenslayer with that method, just not very likely. Remember, even if he does "kill" Queenslayer without it being truly lethal, Queenslayer's body will fully reform with no prior injuries.

Yes, I'm aware. Don't worry, I have played Sekiro, and I know that he aims for the heart.

My point here is that, unless the heart is very thoroughly destroyed, anything that would normally be lethal will just cause the Queenslayer to "disperse", spawning back at a mistle with all of their injuries removed.

It wouldn't be like fighing a Sekiro boss/miniboss. They can be stabbed through the heart several times without dying, which is why Wolf is able to do it. If Wolf successfully got a deathblow on the Queenslayer, they would disperse, and spawn back at the mistle with the injury recovered. The very fact that the first deathblow would be lethal is actually a disadvantage for Wolf here; since the moment the Queenslayer disperses and respawns any injury is completely repaired.

So, not only would Wolf not know that stabbing the Queenslayer through the heart several times would nullify their immortality, but he'd most likely not even get the chance to stab them several times before they disperse and the wound is healed.

Again, incapping here is still a valid win-con for both of them. But other than the very small likelyhood that Wolf would both figure out the Queenslayer's weakness and would destroy their heart completely before they had a chance to disperse, incapping is practically the only valid wincon for either of them.

Yeah, it's kind of hard to do matches against characters with super good immortality

Not quite. The Queenslayer is shown to be capable of regenerating through giant slashes through their body within reason. So cutting off their limbs probably wouldn't work.

Wolf could, in theory, still deal enough damage to Queenslayer's heart to kill them, though it would be difficult.

So essentially, Wolf is capable of killing through difficult means, and the Queenslayer is capable of incapping through difficult means. Both of them have win-cons, but Wolf doesn't have much of a way to incap and Queenslayer doesn't have much of a way to kill.

Yeah, he could.

That's the only way I see QS beating Wolf, otherwise Wolf will eventually figure out that he has to destroy the heart, but considering how thoroughly you have to destroy QS's heart, I see QS incapping Wolf before then.

So, is that a vote for QS?

Vote counted!

Vote counted!

Queenslayer should take it if he has all Blood codes. Wait, does incapacitation count as win?

If So Queenslayer got this 100% he's too versatile.

Sekiro is limited in versatility because of his Shinobi prosthetic. He's not going to be faring well against all the gifts that are being unleashed upon him.

In the Canon opening we see the Queenslayer unleashes a very large fireblast gift.

That would end Sekiro instantly.

Not certain if Kusabimaru could clash with the Queenslayers gear either since the game makes it a point to say the Queen metals act as if they are living organisms themselves.

Also, Queenslayer can shortrange teleport so there is that aswell. Leak should quickly spell doom for Sekiro aswell.

Too many Bloodcodes i can see ending Sekiro at the drop of a hat, Queenslayer is use to random corpses getting off the ground when they were assumed to be dead.

So Sekiro's revive second time deathblow tactic isn't going to work here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back