• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wizard101 Intelligence upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, there are certain feats that may give the characters an intelligence upgrade. But I am not sure if they are worth of a genius rating - Supergenius rating. I'll list the accomplishemnts and if accepted, I'll post scans

-The Player can forge reality warping (Shadow) weapons. Basically create weapons imbued with Shadow Magic, which manipulates reality

-Spark knows Quntaum physics and Nanotech inside and out; Scales to characters that are stated to be smarter than him such as Medulla and Raven

-The Bat can create machines that attacks the soul

- There's another character that can craft shadow magic weapons as well

-The Player crafts wands imbued with Magic all the time

- The Player has helped fix many different science equipments in the world of Celestia, an entire world deidicated to science and research.

-The Player create two possibility dirks, athames that demonstrate the infinite vairety of magic.

- He can create door-ways and keys to other space-times and planets

- He can create teleporters to different space-times and different types of teleporters

Would any of these be enough to upgrade the God Tiers intelligence ratings to Genius or Supergenius?

- Ships that can cross from the edge to the center of the universe in seconds -There is a character who created an inter-galactic crafting thing that allows you to make legendary weapons. The creation of this is stated to show techniques from different worlds and dimensions

I don't know if Supergenius is appropriate but I could see genius/extraordinary genius for the quantum stuff and being able to solve problems that a world devoted to science can't.

Supergenius: The highest level of non-omniscient intellect, possessed by those individuals with unfathomably superhuman intelligence and usually extensive mastery of most, or all, branches of science. Characters of such a scale tend to be super scientists capable of creating impossibly advanced physics-defying and reality-warping fantasy technology even with just household items, and outsmarting even other extremely intelligent individuals. Supergeniuses can often easily process calculations beyond modern humanity's combined capabilities on their own, and quickly come up with extremely complex plans.

Not sure what is off about Supergenius though.

"impossibly advanced physics-defying and reality-warping fantasy technology even with just household items"

>Shadow Forged/Reality Warping weapons The Player creates is made by things he can find off the ground

>Teleporters to other space-time/worlds/dimensions

>Doorways and keys to other space-times/dimensions/worlds

>Raven created Eyes to give Bartleby Omniscient view of the past, present and future

Does "At least Extraordinary genius" or "At least Genius, likely extraordinary genius" sound fine?

To me I feel like inventing all this magic would easily qualify for super, however it's nature as already existing means that actually using it wouldn't necessarily be of that level. There's already a framework to learn it off of, they aren't just inventing it all new and good. Studying under this still supports extraordinary though.

Wokistan said:
To me I feel like inventing all this magic would easily qualify for super, however it's nature as already existing means that actually using it wouldn't necessarily be of that level. There's already a framework to learn it off of, they aren't just inventing it all new and good. Studying under this still supports extraordinary though.
Hope I don't come off as rude here:

"There's already a framework to learn it off of"

It's the same with all of science.

"they aren't just inventing it all new and good"

Actually they are but since this scan wasn't posted until now I don't blame you for assuming otherwise.

As for the first thing that doesn't really change that it would be more impressive to have somehow figured out everything oneself. Also I think we only have composite human extraordinary genius.

As for the second thing, that's fair. Could push for super if you get more support, I wouldn't oppose it at that point.

This sounds like extraordinary genius to me. It takes a ridiculous amount of intelligence to warrant a supergenius rating. Think Rick in "Rick & Morty".

Antvasima said:
This sounds like extraordinary genius to me. It takes a ridiculous amount of intelligence to warrant a supergenius rating. Think Rick in "Rick & Morty".
We've already covered the part about the Player creating reality-warping artifacts just with things he picked off of the ground. What other sort of feats do you need?

Is he actually engineering massively powerful reality warping devices via science, or is it just some form of game mechanics or property of this setting?

We do not rate any character who can perform magic or create magical artefacts as a supergenius for example.

Antvasima said:
Is he actually engineering massively powerful reality warping devices via science, or is it just some form of game mechanics or property of this setting?
I guess it depends on your standards for what constitutes as science. Wizard101 blends magic with technology all the time. The Celestians, as Zenkai mentioned, were an entire race of beings who were dedicated to science and research, but even they still used and practiced magic (Astral magic to be specific). They also managed to create sentient AI in several of their machines which the Player had worked on and fixed.

Regarding the artifacts: magic is what empowers the artifacts, but they aren't created through the use of spells or anything like that (at least, they aren't stated to). The Player has special "crafting stations" that they use to build everything, ranging from the teleporters, reality warping weapons & even a space satellite in one example that he uses as another castle to live in.

Well, it "only" sounds like Extraordinary Genius to me. We should preferably be very careful with handing out Supergenius.

I suppose for now Extra-ordinary genius for the player should be fine, although I disagree with it, it seems to be what's being accepted.

However, I think Raven and Spider should get an "At least" before their rating. Raven is stated to be the wisest character in the game, and both of them have been stated to be beyond our understanding all around, and they are far smarter than everyone else.

Well, maybe supergenius would be more warranted for them then, unless they have some form of omniscience.

Okay. Maybe the player character could get Extraordinary Genius, and Grandmother Raven and similar could get Supergenius (unless more is warranted) then?

Sounds fair. The Eyes of Time are what makes it tricky because they belong to Bartleby but were created by Raven and it's uncertain as to whether or not Bartleby/Spider could create artifacts that are similar in nature to them.

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back