• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why was speed placed as unknown?

I don't remember. Probably because there was no written justification for it. If you can motivate it, we can reinsert it if you wish.

Antvasima said:
I don't remember. Probably because there was no written justification for it. If you can motivate it, we can reinsert it if you wish.
It was previously massively hypersonic. I could come to that conclusion with a quick calc:

Ness battles many enemies who have real lighting attacks throughout the game and can dodge them. For example, Thunder Mite, who is a literal living cloud that produces lightning (cloud to ground), and Thunder and Storm who are personifications of the "elements" (wheater) and can create storms, lightning etc.

We'll take the average speed of lightning (4.4 x 10^5 m/s) and divide it by the distance Ness is from them to calculate his speed. Ness and co. are always close enough to physically hit a character when fighting them (baseball bat, punches etc.). Let's seriously lowball this and say he's 10 metres away from them. Considering theconfined space he is in when fighting them, this would be the lower boundaries of this feat.

(4.4 x 10^5) / 10 = 44000 m/s = Mach 128.28

which is Masssively Hypersonic.

If I wasn't to lowball the distance from them and find a more realistic distance: Let's say Ness is 1 metre away from them like in most physical fights.

(4.4 x 10^5) / 1 = 440000m/s = Mach 1282.8

which is Massively Hypersonic+.

Okay then. I will reinsert the statistic.

Back