• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is g1 Optimus prime universal with matrix

You can ask Iustitia Prime. I think that he wrote the profile.

Excuse me Galactic but do you honestly think we know every fiction throughly? The answer is of course no, you cannot expect people who went out of their way by good will to assist as they can, to do more than they can.

I think it would be best to perhaps not be sarcastic in such a rude way?

Yes, i honestly expected you guys to know a little more about it since someone created the profile. You guys could just edit that out, since there's no evidence to prove Optimus is galaxy to universal at max.

• Shrugs* Well like Antvasima said, it's best to ask Lustia Prime about it given that he was entirely charged with the Transformerverse at one time...

Sorry I took so long to post but I've been on duty.

To get right to the point, that's a composite G1 Optimus page that I was working on breaking down into major continuity pages (Cartoon, Japanese, Marvel, IDW, etc).

But as it stands "G1 Optimus Prime" is the character known as Optimus Prime in any universal stream within the Primax Cluster of universes in the Transformers mulitverse. While there are differences in portrayals they are basically the same character.

As for what makes the Matrix universal that boils down to two things really. In the cartoon the Matrix's energy was used in a few seconds to wipe out the Hate Plague which over the course of a few hours infected the universe, and in Marvel Comics the Matrix is the concentrated lifeforce of the creator god Primus.

SomebodyData said:
To be honest I've also had some questions about g1 transformers in general, like why do we use a toy description to justify Alternity's 1-C ratings? Espically one that can be changed? http://toys.tfw2005.com/convoy-nissan-gtr-ultimate-metal-silver-3226
As for the matter of Alternity, I'm not sure what you mean by "changed". I will say this- I understand that it seems fringe or noncanon for most franchises, but Transformers has evolved since 1984 into a multiverse rivaling DC and Marvel in size, and toy descriptions are in fact canon.

I cannot stress enough, toys are canon. Tech Specs, bios, prose-only stories, cards, etc. The Transformers multiverse is about as absurd as Digimon probably (based on what I've heard of Digimon). The fact of the matter is that Alternity is both prose-fiction and a toy-line, with a few pack-in comics. It's not a major comic or cartoon series. Alternity is a Japanese-exclusive story that's been imported in the Hasbro-approved mulitverse where literally - and I mean literally - all official Hasbro/TakaTomy Transformers products are canon.

Toys, tech specs, bios, cartoons, anime, OVAS, comics, manga, text stories, Q&As, films, convention-exclusive content, even amusement park rides have official numerical designations in Transformers Cosmology.

Can I see the offical numerical designation for the toy?

Also, the toy description can be changed, thats what I meant

SomebodyData said:
Can I see the offical numerical designation for the toy?
Also, the toy description can be changed, thats what I meant
Ultimate Metal Silver Convoy of the Convoy Aggregate is from Primax 903.0 Beta.

Here's a list of officially catalogued universal streams:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/List_of_universal_streams

Tyran 1211.03 Theta, for the record, is Transformers: The Ride. I'm not joking. Hasbro's writers are fans themselves and incorporate as much as they can into official canon.

What do you mean the toy description can be changed? Do you mean edited by forum members? As you could expect I have an account on TFW2005 and cannot edit that page. That's likely kept to staff members and contributors. I seriously doubt tampering with the description. The TFWiki, btw, coroborates everything that toy translations say. Which of course is a wiki contributed to by Hasbro writers and staff as well. Short of asking TakaraTomy for direct translations of Japanese to English transcripts you're not going to find better sources on this than the major sites.

One question:

If the Matrix is Universe level, shouldn't Primus, and per extension Unicron, be as well?

I don't know if the Matrix or Primus are concretely universe-level by the site's standards. When the Matrix's values were added to Prime's profile I was not really tracking the system here. The reason Primus and Unicron aren't listed as universe level is because their greatest feat is shaking the universe. Unicron and Primus shook the universe fighting one another, and Primus himself at one point made a universe-shaking scream while waking up from his hibernation. But shaking the universe doesn't count as destroying a 4-dimensional time-space here I don't think.

The Matrix/Optimus page was written as a composite originally and the cartoon didn't have Primus and thus the Matrix's power in the cartoon can't retroactively be applied to the comic's Matrix/Primus.

Basically as I said that page is a very generic composite Optimus Prime page that I was splitting into G1 Optimus' various incarnations. Here are two I already made-

G1 Optimus Prime US cartoon continuity

G1 Optimus Prime Japanese continuity

I was very busy but I'll get back to working on making pages for G1 Optimus Prime, particularly Marvel Comics and IDW Comics.

I see. So the matrix was only universe level in the cartoon, in which Primus did not exist.

Right, but which even then might be stretching it as wiping out the universe-spanning Hate Plague shouldn't count as a 4 dimensional feat (3 space 1 time) I don't think. While it affected the universe I don't see evidence it could've erased the timeline for instance.

Well, we have category 3-A for that kind of feat.

Back