• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is All Might so underpowered?

I Dont think that this is fun and games but just want people to now im not really that upset and just curious. What reason do you guys think is the main reason that All Might is underpowered, and has a losing streak within this Wiki? I personally believe its simply due to his powerset really only mainly using Super Strength and Super Speed, but what do you guys believe?

Torlikoff said:
It's also the lack of showings of him fighting others on his level. Those he did fight he really didn't show much strategy anyway.
Yea, I agree. He only fought 2 people on his level that i remember, and he pretty much utilized strength solely.

Tiers means people don't generally have a huge AP advantage, and speed is often equal or he's slower. Due to how our site works abilities matter way more than those two.

Like 70% of fiction doesn't go above tier 9

If it makes you feel good, all but one of these matches were weakened All-Might so in reality at his prime he'd have only one loss.

I do believe that All Might would have lost all the fights that he has recorded as losses, Its just dissapointing watching MHA and seeing all the All Might hype and seeing all these losses lol.

Lol I actually remember that win, but its just humerous how All Might is hyped, and than exetremly underpowered lmao.

Torlikoff said:
What is a 'strong slumper made fodder'?
Slumper= a person who's main way of attacking is through sheer physical force and is usually known to be very adept at utilizing it

So basically all might was portrayed as a strong phyisal fighter but was just used to portray how weak he's become

He's just a standard Flying Brick except that he can't even do the Flying part. Lol. Pretty much all he's got going for him are strength, speed, and durability.

Also, his tactics in combat aren't anything that great from what we've seen (he's always just doing a plain old full-frontal assault), and he hasn't had that many showings as a fighter in the course of the series.

Finally, he has no resistances other than to power absorption.

I think it's something that really highlights a minor problem with our system.

Most sites like to do their information collection after they make a match, with theme and theatrics being the main idea. Here though, we almost always know it in advance, which changes how we have to make matches, causing us to base it around the power rather then the character, which means that someone powerful in verse is far less powerful outside of it.

There's also the nature of stuff being AP stomps and Speed stomps, but haxxed characters usually get put against other haxxed characters.

I think one Wiki user claimed that All-Might does have something better going for him in the movie. I dunno what since the movie has yet to be released on DVD even in Japan and the wiki doesn't allow t******s to be used for determining the nature of feat.

Many OP characters in many verses are kinda underpowered here actually. The way this wiki handle things make them weaker when compared to other verses and characters.

Its not how the wiki handles things, its just, well logic. When facing a guy with similar feats, it tends to be abilities that matter at the end, espically when they're game changers.

Due to the tiering system. All might is OP because most of the verse is tier 9-8, but something like that's not gonna fly here. Same for Saitama.

Ironically, characters weaker than him in verse tend to have a better track record, due to them having more variety, skill, more useful powers, etc. All Might doesn't really have the opportunity to develop these things sense he's top of the line and stomps 99% of the verse, meaning he can just punch people into submission. Given the context of this wiki, he's just a tier 7 guy with shock waves. He's suddenly put in a situation where people of equal to near equal strength are common and he can't keep up. Everyone else is used to this, and they can just fight as they normally do and perform just as well as normal. (ignoring hax of course).

Back