• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why Goku ISN'T universal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivo Komitov said:
@Gargoyle One
1. I failed to understand yor point. What does holding back have to do with the fact that Goku and Beerus got affected by sub-human level shockwaves which couldn't even destroy the Earth while serious ( at least Goku was serious ). It's a fact that the feats in Super are inconsistent at this point.

2. It's just the fact that Super contradicts itself all the time. Champa literally said that Zen'o is te god among all of the gods because of that feat.3: Sure. Th
1. Have you even WATCHED the fight?! These explosions destroyed multiple planets in their fight, and this was with SSG Goku....

2. That means shit, feats are feats.

1) IIRC they said Goku was nullifying the shockwaves so that they didn't destroy earth.

2) He said Zeno is the God among Gods because he is the absolute strongest. You are making up context that does not exist. Zeno erasing the universe and them being surprised doesn't make them weaker. They are mostly afraid because in this case not only all of the universe, but they themselves will be erased.

Zeno literally raised his hand and a universe was erased. That's not just overwhelming power, but that's also some degree of Reality Warping (Which the Angels and specially Grand Priest also seem to have, what an amazing world). It makes sense for them to be scared.

Gargoyle One said:
Ivo Komitov said:
@Gargoyle One
1. I failed to understand yor point. What does holding back have to do with the fact that Goku and Beerus got affected by sub-human level shockwaves which couldn't even destroy the Earth while serious ( at least Goku was serious ). It's a fact that the feats in Super are inconsistent at this point.

2. It's just the fact that Super contradicts itself all the time. Champa literally said that Zen'o is te god among all of the gods because of that feat.3: Sure. Th
1. Have you even WATCHED the fight?! These explosions destroyed multiple planets in their fight, and this was with SSG Goku....
2. That means shit, feats are feats.
As Elder Kai said, the shockwaves were getting stronger as they were traveling in space. At first they weren't planetary since they couldn't destroy Earth, but then they got stronger. At their starter point, when they couldn't even destroy Earth, they were capable of affecting Goku and Beerus.

What feats? Feats performed by shockwaves rather than the characters themselves? u

It wasn't contradicted. Not just the narrator, but the Kai's and I believe Whis confirmed it as well. Nothing states the shockwaves were stronger than Beerus or Goku. Unless you can give me a source that says such a thing. Poor Writing does not make the feat less legit.

It wasn't stated, yes. It was SHOWN that they were superior. During their first and second clash, the shockwaves managed to push both Goku and Beerus back. SSJG Goku even screamed by the hits. Which is a proof that they really were superior. And it got contradicted because the shockwaves that came from the blast clash didn't destroy the universe. And since the clash was stronger, then the shock waves were logically stronger as well.

Those examples do not show that they are superior since said characters themselves created them. Just because it hurts you =/= superior to you.

@Ivo

Try getting yourself and another guy to punch each other's fists. It's gonna hurt like hell. That's not an indication that they are superior.

It doesn't change the fact that said energy comes from Goku + Beerus.

Also, you can hurt yourself with a punch. You can try it at home if you don't believe me (Actually don't).

Dragonmasterxyz said:
1) IIRC they said Goku was nullifying the shockwaves so that they didn't destroy earth.
2) He said Zeno is the God among Gods because he is the absolute strongest. You are making up context that does not exist. Zeno erasing the universe and them being surprised doesn't make them weaker. They are mostly afraid because in this case not only all of the universe, but they themselves will be erased.
No. Goku wasn't nullifying them because you could literally see them going through Earth. Goku only nullified the shockwaves from their third clash.

He said that because Zeno destroyed a universe.

Ivo Komitov said:
Yes.. But these shockwaves were shown to he superior to the characters even at their starter point.
Wrong entirely, how did they even become superior to what was creating them?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Those examples do not show that they are superior since said characters themselves created them. Just because it hurts you =/= superior to you.
Yet Beerus' punch didn't hurt Goku and Goku's punchs didn't hurt Beerus. The shockwaves hurted Goku. So even at their starter point these shockwaves were stronger than their punches.

Goku literally said he nullified the shockwaves and Beerus comments that he would have done it if Goku didnt.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
What? Beerus' punches and Goku's punches were hurting each other the entire fight....
I was talking about the punches from their first 3 clashes. During these clashes, Goku and Beerus didn't hurt each other. The shock waves hurted Goku. So these shockwaves were stronger than Beerus' punch. Which was stronger than Goku's.

Gargoyle One said:
A punch from someone weaker then you will still hurt you.
You lack common sense.
Beerus' punch didn't hurt Goku during their clash while the shock waves did.

The shockwaves > Beerus' suppressed punch >/= Goku's punch.

Ivo Komitov said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
What? Beerus' punches and Goku's punches were hurting each other the entire fight....
I was talking about the punches from their first 3 clashes. During these clashes, Goku and Beerus didn't hurt each other. The shock waves hurted Goku. So these shockwaves were stronger than Beerus' punch. Which was stronger than Goku's.
Apparently shockwaves that Beerus makes are stronger then Beerus himself......

Dragonmasterxyz said:
He nullified the power of them so that earth wouldn't be destroyed.
Give me a scan.
It was never stated that it nullified the power out of them. And if he did, they wouldn't hurt him.

Champa said that after Zeno destroyed universe 9 and said that the feat was insane. I'm gonna find a clip in a minute.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Ivo
Try getting yourself and another guy to punch each other's fists. It's gonna hurt like hell. That's not an indication that they are superior.

It doesn't change the fact that said energy comes from Goku + Beerus.

Also, you can hurt yourself with a punch. You can try it at home if you don't believe me (Actually don't).
Yes. But if the shockwaves hurt Goku more than Beerus' punch then they're obviously superior.

Logically the shockwaves would be FAR weaker than Goku and Beerus but Super's writing is just that bad.

RadicalMrR said:
Goku literally said he nullified the shockwaves and Beerus comments that he would have done it if Goku didnt.
He said that he was trying to, but he only succeed during their third clash ( and the majority of the battle afterwards ). But he failed to nullify them during their first 2 clashes.

Matthew Schroeder said:
What are you saying.
During their first 2 clashes, the shockwaves dealt more damage to Goku than Beerus' actual punch. So the shockwaves must be superior to their attacks ( illogical but we're talking about Dragon Ball Super after all ). And that's just at their starter point. They were getting stronger as they were traveling in space. That's my point.

You're not showing evidence, or at least, evidence that's actually makes sense.

No, it's called getting hurt by someone weaker then you, and that isn't illogical.

Gargoyle One said:
No, it's called getting hurt by someone weaker then you, and that isn't illogical.
You're saying that it makes sense yet you haven't even debunked it.

You're ignoring my point. Beerus' punch didn't hurt Goku while the shockwaves did. Therefore, the shockwaves are stronger than Beerus' punch. And Beerus' punch was stronger than Goku's by a tiny bit.

Ivo Komitov said:
Gargoyle One said:
You're saying that it makes sense yet you haven't even debunked it.
You're ignoring my point. Beerus' punch didn't hurt Goku while the shockwaves did. Therefore, the shockwaves are stronger than Beerus' punch. And Beerus' punch was stronger than Goku's by a tiny bit.
Chalk it up to PIS and move along ...

Gargoyle One said:
Everyone's debunked it already.
Nope, never happened, I even rewatched the fight.
I disagree. The majority of the people just said that the shockwaves were created bh them so they must be weaker although it was shown that they were stronger.

And it did actually happen.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/dragon-b...god-of-destruction-vs-super-saiyan-god-723539

06:00

Goku is completely fine when he clashed with Beerus. Yet after the shockwaves appeared Goku was shown being pushed back and screaming on 08:09. The difference in time is that big because we had 2 minutes of Elder Kai talking. I believe it was shown in another point of this episode too, so i will find it and show it to you in my next comment.

That doesn't show him hurt, he was screaming because he was flown back. The same way he was screaming when he got flown back after nearly getting hit with a block after meeting Jiren......

Gargoyle One said:
That doesn't show him hurt, he was screaming because he was flown back. The same way he was screaming when he got flown back after nearly getting hit with a block after meeting Jiren......
You don't just scream because something pushed you back. The shockwaves did hurt him. Besides, the fact that the shockwave was capable of pushing him back while Beerus' punch didn't is another proof that the shockwaves were superior. And i'm pretty sure that he didn't scream in agony when he almost got hit by that.

Yet he has, and did, multiple times, such as, again, when he got flown back by a flying block.

Getting caught off guard=/=getting hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back