• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why DB vs DC threads are banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vsbattles admins want to make sure that there is no hostility or minimum hostility at least. Goku vs Superman is a very controversial subject to talk about.

This is correct, yes. It risks to create too much conflict within our community.

For the same reason DB vs SS threads are banned. We hate to do this, banning topics for, what is supposed to be, just for fu. It's one of the many reasons I don't like vs. threads/matches. Some people don't know how to act and take things way too seriously and get hostile when we're only debating fiction. To each their own in any case.

Because if you only ban "Goku vs Supes" people will make up ways to circumvent said prohibition i.e. "Vegeta vs Superman". Therefore, it was concluded this was the safest course of action.

Basically what everyone else has said regarding the rule to prevent massive flaming and hostility.

Also I know someone here is going to go "Oh this is too restrictive! Now there are so many matches that can't be done!" which always happens when this topic is brought up.

So to get that out of the way, all the DB, DC and Marvel pages don't even add up to 5% of the total pages here. And that's the absolute highest high ball possible including weapon profiles, blog posts, verse pages, characters too OP for DB vs Comic threads (TOAA, The Writer, Endless, Marvel Cosmics, etc) and characters too weak for DB vs Comic threads (Bulma, Videl, Batman)

The amount of possible threads this restricts is extremely small and completely insignificant in the grand scheme. There are still a massive plethora of other matches to be made. And this rule prevents so much hostility and hatred that staff would have to waste valuable time to deal with. A miniscule price to pay for much greater benefiet.

I agree with all the people who have answered this question above. Since the topic seems to be concluded, I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back