• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WHICH ABSTRACT EXISTENCE IS THIS?

WHY IS THAT EVEN ABSTRACT EXISTENCE?
👇
Spatial dimensions are not, yes. But time is an abstraction. Since it doesn't exist physically

So, technically, being the embodiment of the universe (including its temporal dimension - and the associated feat of regeneration/immortality) should be at least type 2

👇
Spatial dimensions are not, yes. But time is an abstraction. Since it doesn't exist physically

So, technically, being the embodiment of the universe (including its temporal dimension - and the associated feat of regeneration/immortality) should be at least type 2
There's no associated feat of Immortality and regen, so it's not type 2

There's no associated feat of Immortality and regen, so it's not type 2
Immortality and regeneration feats are not specifically necessary. The abstract existence page says that having control over that abstraction would be enough as well.

Embodying a concept is not enough to obtain this ability, an abstract needs feats or reliable statements proving that the concept they represent grants them Immortality/Regeneration or control over the abstraction.

And AFAIK, Wang Ling's abstraction is based on time, so the profile also states that he had control over it.

Immortality and regeneration feats are not specifically necessary. The abstract existence page says that having control over that abstraction would be enough as well.
The universe is not an abstraction. Neither does he gain any immortality or regen. This is all just an assumption

He dreams up a universe. Big deal. You don't need to destroy the Universe to kill him. You only need to attack him directly. That it. It literally grants him nothing without entering the assumption territory

You're too hung up on "Embodying" and ignoring all the context and the fact that the authors are not battleboarders and the fact they used that term doesn't mean it comforms to wiki standards

The universe is not an abstraction. Neither does he gain any immortality or regen. This is all just an assumption
By universe we don't mean spatial dimensions. We mean time itself. Which is an abstraction

He dreams up a universe. Big deal. You don't need to destroy the Universe to kill him. You only need to attack him directly. That it. It literally grants him nothing without entering the assumption territory

You're too hung up on "Embodying" and ignoring all the context and the fact that the authors are not battleboarders and the fact they used that term doesn't mean it comforms to wiki standards
I don't care if we have to destroy the universe inside Wang Ling before we can kill him. I'm not even a supporter of this verse lol. What I care about is that time is an abstraction and it can be used to gain Type 2 abstract existence. And Type 2 doesn't only require regeneration and immortality feats as I already quoted above.

Not only that, I also said in the CRT opened by Shion that Wang Ling's AE should be removed if it lacks context. And the answer I got was that he has a regeneration feat due to this abstraction.

Last edited:
By universe we don't mean spatial dimensions. We mean time itself. Which is an abstraction

I don't care if we have to destroy the universe inside Wang Ling before we can kill him. I'm not even a supporter of this verse lol. What I care about is that time is an abstraction and it can be used to gain Type 2 abstract existence. And Type 2 doesn't only require regeneration and immortality feats as I already quoted above.

Not only that, I also said in the CRT opened by Shion that Wang Ling's AE should be removed if it lacks context. And the answer I got was that he has a regeneration feat due to this abstraction.
This is quite funny. Let's quote type 2 shall we

Type 2: Embodies an abstraction, and can be resurrected or regenerate indefinitely thanks to it. Destroying the abstraction is required to permanently kill those characters, but they can still be affected without directly altering

Wang doesn't meet even one of these requirements.

Do you proof of needing to affect the universe in order to affect him or your making another assumptions?

"Omg the author says he's the embodiment of the universe so that must mean he meets type 2"

No. That's not how it works. If the author mentions "concept" and describes it as a soul, it's a soul and not a concept. Stop inserting wiki interpretation in author statement while ignoring the context

Wang doesn't meet even one of these requirements.
Don't get me wrong but do you have problems with reading comprehension?

Did you really read what I said?
I don't care if we have to destroy the universe inside Wang Ling before we can kill him. I'm not even a supporter of this verse lol.
I also said in the CRT opened by Shion that Wang Ling's AE should be removed if it lacks context.

Also to answer this:
"Omg the author says he's the embodiment of the universe so that must mean he meets type 2"

No. That's not how it works. If the author mentions "concept" and describes it as a soul, it's a soul and not a concept. Stop inserting wiki interpretation in author statement while ignoring the context
I already explained why I call this type 2 as well.
And the answer I got was that he has a regeneration feat due to this abstraction.
If a supporter of the verse tells me "the character has such a feat", on what basis do you expect me to oppose it? Do you guys really know enough English to understand what someone is saying?

Last edited:
On the basis that he should produce the scans of the feat that implies what he said. That's how the wiki works

The scan is right before us, we've seen it. Looking at type 2 description it doesn't qualify.

No regen or immortality. The story doesn't say anything that could imply regen or immortality for anything.

Nice creation feat. that's it.

On the basis that he should produce the scans of the feat that implies what he said. That's how the wiki works

The scan is right before us, we've seen it. Looking at type 2 description it doesn't qualify.

No regen or immortality. The story doesn't say anything that could imply regen or immortality for anything.

Nice creation feat. that's it.
He has REGENERATION HAX

That has nothing to do with the fact that he embodies the universe.

So once again, no type 2 AE

If he can regen or come back into existence so long as X concept exists, that's type 2, which I don't see here

I don't give a damn whether Wang Ling has it or not, but if any of you have a problem with it, it's better to address it on Shion's CRT rather than here.

This Q&A is about the type of it that is already in the profile. You have to go to the other side to downgrade it.

Back