• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Where is the Gwen Poole Page?

Antvasima said:
I do not think that we can reliably gauge the extent of her abilities, and especially not set her durability to Multi-City Block level due to surviving blows from Deadpool. By that reasoning Captain America would have Solar System level durability due to surviving blows from the Hulk.
Hulk has always tried his best not kill those in his surroundings (regardless friend or foe). Just saying

Would the excuse that Greg Pak came up for the Hulk not killing others work for every other powerhouse character as well?

Marvel is simply extremely inconsistent, especially when it comes to character matchups.

Antvasima said:
Would the excuse that Greg Pak came up for the Hulk not killing others work for every other powerhouse character as well?

Marvel is simply extremely inconsistent, especially when it comes to character matchups.
That's why I'm almost exclusively making her profile from her story.

Unless every single Marvel character can constantly completely restrain their powers with every single hit, that seems like rationalisations that do not apply in a more general sense.

We are talking about that low-powered Marvel characters can recurrently survive hits from high-powered ones.

It is mostly due to the high powered ones holding back in general or for plot purposes (which happens in every fictional setting that has a story)

The point is that we cannot scale the lower-powered Marvel characters from the higher-powered ones, or we would end up with a complete mess.

Anyway, I am going on vacation in an hour, so I cannot continue to waste time on this argument. Sorry.

It is hard to argue that Marvel is not extremely inconsistent, but as I said, I do not have the time to argue pointlessly about this.

@The Tetromino King You keep on talking about no one being able to make a proper Gwenpool profile, but you haven't mentioned what exactly can go wrong with a Gwenpool profile.

Well, the statistics seem incoherent and poorly motivated. For example, the attack potency has no proper motivation, and differs greatly from the striking strength.

I would prefer to wait for Sandman31 to evaluate it.

Antvasima said:
Well, the statistics seem incoherent and poorly motivated. For example, the attack potency has no proper motivation, and differs greatly from the striking strength.

I would prefer to wait for Sandman31 to evaluate it.
What Shivansh Garg stated. Grenades and Gwenpoole's other weapons make her AP Wall Level.

Well, you need to provide some good motivations for all of the statistics. Currently the page looks unprofessional.

Antvasima said:
Well, you need to provide some good motivations for all of the statistics. Currently the page looks unprofessional.
There's justification for all of the stats though.

Kicking down regular doors is 9-C/Street level, there is no explanation for her 9-B rating, and the speed justification is poor.

My apologies, but you do not seem skilled/experienced enough to create character profiles yet, especially not ones for Marvel Comics, which is filled with neverending contradictions and inconsistencies.

Outside of the attack potency and the striking strength, which I now separated to be like Jojo pages. One level for her physical power and one for the power of her weapons. Are there any other issues that you have with the page?

We need her to consistently keep up with Massively Hypersonic+ characters in fights to even consider her for the same speed rating, and even that is doubtful given how inconsistent Marvel is, and given that she is just supposed to be a non-superpowered human physically.

Okay is Superhuman fine for Speed? She managed to grab onto a train at top speed. 1 2

New York Subway top speed is 89 km/h ~ 24.7222 m/s

I suppose that could work for running speed, but we need a calculation for the lightning dodging combat speed.

The page still looks a bit sloppy, and I think that her statistics are above athlete level.

Okay I'll change her to Street level. Can you be a bit more specific on the sloppy aspects of the page?

It doesn't look very visually appealing, the images are the wrong size, and the structure of the sentences seems a bit jumbled.

Anyway, you should ask Matthew and Sandman31 if they think that it is acceptable.

Do you know if Sandman is on vacation or something because there hasn't been any activity from him for a week?

He has no access to a computer for the moment, but will continue to help out when he comes back.

Back