• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Where is the Gwen Poole Page?

I was told the Gwen Poole page was eventually going to be made, but that was several months ago. Why is it taking so long for Gwen Poole to get a page?

I made it several months ago, but it was deleted because a staff member wanted to do it himself after finishing the series.

I thimk that it was deleted due to exaggerated claims, but don't remember so well.

In any case, you should talk with the staff member who wanted to create the profile.

Gwenpool is likely too contradictory and controversial in terms in statistics. She can only manipulate the narrative in very minor ways, but here has been talk of giving her massively high rating that would severely contradict the level that she has been portrayed as.

I still remember someone trying to claim that Gwenpool was ridiculously powerful because everything in the Marvel Universe is just a comicbook in her home universe.

That was not a fun little debate.

Antvasima said:
Gwenpool is likely too contradictory and controversial in terms in statistics. She can only manipulate the narrative in very minor ways, but here has been talk of giving her massively high rating that would severely contradict the level that she has been portrayed as.
There's a key for Gwen Poole. There are three Gwens: Regular Gwenpool, the one throughout the most of her serialization

EOS Gwen/Adult Gwen

Evil Gwen

EOS Gwen and Evil Gwen are of the same level and are massively more powerful than regular Gwen.

Regular Gwen Poole, signature power is knowledge of the Marvel universe

EOS Gwen/Evil Gwen can manipulate the world like it's a comic book.

Antvasima you can't just delete the page because you haven't read the story

I deleted the page because she seems far too contradictory to properly evaluate the statistics for, and in addition, the page seemed poorly constructed.

For example, we cannot scale everybody who have ever survived a punch from Deadpool as Multi-City Block level in durability. Marvel is ridiculously inconsistent.

Antvasima said:
I deleted the page because she seems far too contradictory to properly evaluate the statistics for, and in addition, the page seemed poorly constructed.

For example, we cannot scale everybody who have ever survived a punch from Deadpool as Multi-City Block level in durability. Marvel is ridiculously inconsistent.
Well then just fix her durability to Human level. "Marvel is ridiculously inconsistent." Then why have Marvel character pages at all? I explained her key as bluntly as possible. She is a very straightforward character.

If you're not satisfied with a key solution then let's split Gwen Poole into two pages like Naruto. One for regular Gwenpool and one for Adult Gwen Poole

Marvel pages are incredibly hard to scale properly, and we have to try to use consistency and personal feats rather than outliers.

Gwen Poole is particularly hard due to having access to 4th wall breaking plot manipulation, but only being able to use it for minor gag feats.

Yes, her powers are blatantly stated or shown in the issue. Her final arc establishes her potential and what she can do with it. That being become a villain or a hero.

I do not think that we can reliably gauge the extent of her abilities, and especially not set her durability to Multi-City Block level due to surviving blows from Deadpool. By that reasoning Captain America would have Solar System level durability due to surviving blows from the Hulk.

Nico-v11 said:
Shouldn't we make a thread for a Gwenpool profile then? Everyone can chip in and make it as accurate as possible. If anything her tier could end up as unknown.
Probably for the best. See what the community thinks and gauge how to handle it, if possible. If things go south in such a discussion, we can just treat Gwenpool as controversial topic from now on.

You would have to ask Matthew and Sandman31 to contribute to it.

Still, I am going on vacation now, so it could easily get out of control.

The profile looks well but whe still need to revise Marvel as a whole, since most profiles are outdated, her stats might (or not) change but one of the main topics is Spidey and some 8-As (Like Deadpool).

EDIT: Also, I found a better render for the profile:

Marvel Comics Gwenpool (Render)

The Tetromino King said:
Don't create a page for gwenpool. I know most couldn't make an accurate profile for gwenpool

Just focus on Deadpool or something,
Tell me what's wrong with the draft and I'll fix it. It's not the final version anyway.

We have profiles for very complicated characters so one for Gwenpool doesn't seem too bad. I mean we do have Medaka Kurokami after all.

Not that I know anything about Gwenpool though

Gwenpool has access to plot manipulation and advanced 4th wall awareness, but can only use it for very minor effects. It seems common to wish to rate her very high though.

Antvasima said:
Gwenpool has access to plot manipulation and advanced 4th wall awareness, but can only use it for very minor effects. It seems common to wish to rate her very high though.
It depends on which Gwenpool you're talking about. Normal Gwen is basically just a human who knows a lot about Marvel characters, a different kind of 4th wall breaking than Deadpool. She can't interact with the pages of comic. For the majority series her plot manipulation is limited to she is a main character by forcing herself to be one. It's all pretty well defined.

Back