• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Where do Phase Spaces scale?

Basically, just what the name says
or to be specific, where does a phase space that contains a Space-time Continuum scales?

Cuz this is what I got when I searched google, and not sure if we treat these spaces the same way :
In other words phase space is 6N dimensional. The coordinates of the point representing the system in phase space are (qx1,qx2,...,qzN,px1,...pzN). Each cell in phase space corresponding to a state of the system can be labeled with some number. - Source

And this is what I got from Chatgpt when I asked what is the dimensionality of such a space containing a Space-time continuum
In a 4-dimensional space-time continuum, the phase space dimensionality depends on the degrees of freedom of the system being considered. Typically, in classical mechanics, the phase space includes both position and momentum coordinates for each degree of freedom.
For a single particle in a 4-dimensional space-time continuum (where space-time includes 3 spatial dimensions and 1 time dimension), the phase space would be defined by the spatial coordinates and their corresponding momenta. However, time is usually not considered a degree of freedom in the same way as spatial dimensions are.
For a single particle in a 4-dimensional space-time continuum (where space-time includes 3 spatial dimensions and 1 time dimension), the phase space would be defined by the spatial coordinates and their corresponding momenta. However, time is usually not considered a degree of freedom in the same way as spatial dimensions are.

If we consider a particle moving in 3 spatial dimensions (ignoring time as a phase space coordinate), the phase space would be 6-dimensional (3 position coordinates and 3 momentum coordinates).

If you were to consider a more abstract scenario where time is treated as a coordinate similar to spatial dimensions, and if you include a corresponding "momentum" for time (which is not standard in classical mechanics but might be considered in some advanced theoretical frameworks), you would have 4 position coordinates and 4 corresponding momenta, resulting in an 8-dimensional phase space.
In summary:
  • For a particle in 3 spatial dimensions: 6-dimensional phase space.
  • For a hypothetical scenario including time as a coordinate with corresponding momentum: 8-dimensional phase space.
Reason why I asked gpt was because I couldnt find a specific answer in Google, but am not sure if any of this even works under our standards

It depends on how the verse explains this space.
They just namesdrop it and proceed to say there are phase changes and space fIuncuations in it, and aIso that its basicaIIy the container for the entire verse, the MuItiverse

Iike a backsdrop canva that existed before and after everything, as weII as what contains the entire verse

Back