• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What's the realistic equivalent/explanation of these 3 stats?

HP

MP

Stamina.

HP usually is like, your pain threshold and how much you can take before dying or losing consciousness, but how do you get to a point of "I only have enough HP to take one more hit"? Most of the time, that type of damage doesn't accumulate, no one can ever be killed or KO'ed by taking 1 HP of damage in real life. You probably need a lot more pain to go down at the end of your own rope? And having Low HP kind of causes stamina issues and difficulties/fatigue, but is it possible for them to have separate affects. Can someone be Low HP and on the verge of dying from "one more hit" whilst having max stamina?

MP depends on your interpretation, but I think of it as mental energy drain. But then, what's happening to your body when you drink an Ether? Are you giving yourself some brain refreshing food?

Stamina: It's like these things are parts of all the stats. Beings with Low HP often have hampered actions as if they were low on stamina. I'd go on, but I want new ideas. I plan to use Stats as an isekai type power set in my content.

HP would likely be under Durability. Stamina could possibly also be under durability.

MP and Stamina would be under Stamina

HP would be like physical stamina, refering to how much damage can one receive.

MP is the supply of energy/magic.

Stamina it still being stamina, but a difference from HP is more about tireness, if people has made one move several times or running for too much time.

HP being durability is not... What? Please don't confuse "durability" feats with "endurance/resilience/pain tolerance" feats. I know some respect threads have pain tolerance feats as Durabulity feats and they are called the same thing by many people, but this site especially uses Durability as hardness or the energy required to damage something. So again, Durability isn't "stamina". It's how much force your body can withstand before breaking— Durability is closer to physical defense. Or hardness. When you hit a diamond with a rubber band, you don't decrease it's durability via damage accumulation and then eventually break it. You have to hit the object with the required energy to break it or damage it.

MP and stuff seems like Mental Stamina Energy as it relates to spells to me. Like, when you get tired after Speaking. Well, I guess that's my own lore talking. I don't think it's as common for you to have a separate pool of energy from your actual stamina.

Any one else?

Yeah, rpg generally do not have durability, and if they have it, then its different from HP such Defense. Something like Damage Barrier would be the equivalent of durability, as a value below certain threshold will simply do nothing (something that generally rpg do not have).

Yeah, that's true. They tend to have, like, he abikity to be hurt by everything.

Back