• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What to put down for Tier (and AP) section in certain cases

Apeironaxim

He/Him
Say for example a character is 9-B physically, as in can punch with 9-B strength. However, they are 8-C with magic (or other relevant system), and they fight essentially exclusively with magic. They would never enter physical combat if they could help it, as their 8-C magic is their thing.

What is the preferred way to index this? Would it be:

- Option A: 9-B, 8-C with magic

or

- Option B: 8-C (And then putting 9-B/Wall level in Striking Strength only)

As far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to be an agreed upon thing, as while a large number of people i've seen seem to prefer Option A, even highly popular pages such as Tatsumaki from OPM follow Option B, listing her "At least High 6-A" due to the fact that while she clearly would have lower physical stats, she fights exclusively with her Telekinesis.

Technically there’s no set requirement or standard on which way as long as their both listed (which I kinda find to be an issue) but the first option is more frequently used and I assume generally prefered

Back